(Closed) January 2015 POAS – Part 2!

posted 5 years ago in TTC
  • poll: What's your favorite drink to warm up to during cold weather?
    Hot cocoa : (22 votes)
    37 %
    Coffee : (13 votes)
    22 %
    Tea : (14 votes)
    24 %
    Warm milk : (0 votes)
    Anything with alcohol in it : (9 votes)
    15 %
    Other : (1 votes)
    2 %
    I've never been in cold weather : (0 votes)
  • Post # 3
    2467 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: August 2012

Alrighty, got CHs, so I’m in!

ROLL CALL!

Your age/partner’s age: 32 / 35

Baby #: 2 (DS is 10.5 months)

Current Cycle Day/DPO: 22 / 3dpo

Ovulation Date: 1/9/15

POAS Date/Usual Cycle Length: 9 day LP, so AF should be here 1/19/15

Cycles Trying: 2nd (although never ovulated in November or December, so this is our first chance)

BFP Plan (BD timing, charting, prenatals, supplements, etc.): chart, use OPKs, pregnitude, prenatals, DHA, Vit D, B complex, CoE Q10, BD every 2-3 days until +opk then that day and the day after

Link to Chart, if any: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/bananasareyellow

Just for fun- If you had to name your child after a literary character, what would it be and why?: Boy, this one requires some thought. I’ll have to come back to this one.

<br /><br />

Post # 4
    1263 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: August 2013

Wow! Great stats this month! Love all of the BFPs!

Post # 5
    544 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: August 2013

I just got my CHs as well so here I am!  Feeling hopeful this month and willing my body to give me a BFP!  Let’s break some records this month!

ROLL CALL!

Your age/partner’s age: Me 28 / Darling Husband 30

Baby #: 1!

Current Cycle Day/DPO: CD20, 2DPO

Ovulation Date: 1/9/15

POAS Date/Usual Cycle Length: I will get bloodwork taken on 11DPO to test my beta hCG levels.  If it’s a negative, I will POAS starting 13DPO.  So 1/20/15 for blood and 1/22/15 for HPT.

Cycles Trying: this is the 8th cycle, 15th month trying, but I’ve had really irregular cycles and don’t think I’ve ovulated in some of my earlier ones (i.e. 114 days and 84 days) so I’m saying this is my third proper cycle trying.

BFP Plan (BD timing, charting, prenatals, supplements, etc.): We aimed to alternate BD EOD and EOOD starting around CD12.  I took soy isoflavones for 4 days (I missed day 4 so did days CD4-6 and CD8) to hopefully bring up my O date, so that we hopefully don’t have to BD EOD for two or more weeks.  I’m also taking Metformin, prenatals, omega 3s, B6/B12, Chinese herbs and going to acupuncture.  I stopped Vitex this month as I heard it doesn’t play nice with soy isoflavones.  It looks like the soy iso worked and I O’ed earlier than usual which I’m thrilled about.  We managed to BD O-2, O and O+1.

Link to Chart, if any: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/pinkfaerie 

Just for fun- If you had to name your child after a literary character, what would it be and why?: I’m going to need to think about this one and draw some inspiration from Part 1 of these boards!  Oops, looks like Part 1 had a different fun question.  I’ll get back to you guys on this one!

Post # 7
    1854 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: October 2013

Okay so I’ve got a question. Today I put in my temp and FF changed my crosshairs for the first time! It said that instead of being CD 14, I’m now CD 12. But the temps look all weird? I work nights and have had more of a clear shift than this so idk what my body did this time around! yhe open circles are my weekend, when I don’t wake up at 8:30 pm like usual. what do you think happened? Before I got the CH I thought it was CD13, which day do you think I Od?

Post # 8
    595 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: October 2011

Equine_Breeder:  I agree, your temps do look odd. FF is likely taking your CM into account and the C on CD 13 would indicate that your progesterone had kicked in post O. 

Try taking out the C on cd 13 and see what happens. Based on temps, I’d think that 13 would be more likely. 

Post # 9
    6883 posts
    Busy Beekeeper
    • Wedding: September 2011 - Boy #1 12/2015, boy #2 02/2018

teaberrie:  Wow, 32% BFPs, that’s great, let’s get that even higher!! Congrats on your BFP teaberrie. 🙂

Equine_Breeder:  You could have ovulated on CD14, but CD12 is possible as well.

Post # 10
    1854 posts
    Buzzing bee

alove31:  I took out the C and it didn’t change anything. I guess either way I’m covered but I wouLd much rather have CD13 or 14 so we could have better timing!! It just doesn’t look like the past two months at all!

ETA: I did note that my boobs were sore on CD13, which only happens after O for me so maybe FF is right

Post # 11
    1854 posts
    Buzzing bee

Aw shoot, I meant CD 14. Which does not help me  one bit haha

Post # 12
    882 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: September 2013

Equine_Breeder:  FF is doing weird stuff with my crosshairs too. If I look at your temp only, it looks like you O’d on CD 14 but with the other factors I think 12 could be accurate. I didn’t think I O’d at all this cycle. I am a night shifter and finally got crosshairs on day 22 the other day. Then when I enetered a fifth day of spotting in a row, it change my O date to CD 25 which I thought was weird. I really think I O’d on day 22 tho bc of positive OPK’s and EWCM. I am a little worried about my progesterone levels though bc this is my second cycle of early and prolonged LP spotting. Agh. 

• This reply was modified 5 years ago by  MrsM914.
    Post # 13
    1854 posts
    Buzzing bee

MrsM914:  ugh, thats frustrating! Night shift doesn’t suck enough, it has to mess with TTC as well! I’ve read articles that say night shift workers have a much longer time TTC. Idk if that’s because it makes some women irregular or if you just don’t conceive as easily but it makes me want to quit sometimes!!!

Post # 15
    90 posts
    Worker bee
    • Wedding: April 2014

In lieu of doing another roll call, I thought I might just leave this here… A squinter, but still a total BFP @ 10 DPO! Still can’t believe it! 

The topic ‘January 2015 POAS – Part 2!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors