(Closed) January 2016 Mamas — New Year Babies!

posted 5 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 211
766 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

View original reply
Cwoodward:  Just sent you a friend request! Chelsea Lamarche

Post # 212
53 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: October 2014

View original reply
As_You_Wish:  girl we might be pregnancy twins, I woke up at 6w1d and stumbled out of the bedroom yelling for some crackers before I puked! I have been beyond wimpy the last two days, nauseous and pitiful! Luckily I had some Zofran and a ton of ginger snacks around and that is keeping this mostly manageable so far. 

Also, if anyone is still concerned, got my betas back and they more than doubled – score! My progesterone was a little low so the doc put me on an oral supplement mostly for shits and giggles; his nurse basically restated what was discussed on this board about no official studies but it won’t hurt anything so might as well. He wrote me a script for diclegis  (basically prescription Unisom and B6) for the nausea but I couldn’t take it yet since I’m working tonight. My first appointment and u/s was originally scheduled for end of June but the nurse said to call Monday and schedule one this coming week so they can officially rule out a subchorionic bleed. Other than the nausea I’m glad about the good news and pumped to (hopefully!) see a little gummy bear in there next week!

Post # 213
1069 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2014

View original reply
NurseNess17:  That all sounds great, fingers crossed for your little gummy bear!

Post # 214
286 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: March 2014 - Glen Sanders Mansion

View original reply
Cwoodward:  I just sent you a friend request so that I could be invited to the private January 2016 group, and I see you’re in Albany. I live in Latahm! Small world.

I am new to the party everyone! 5 weeks, 4 days. Got my BFP on May 15, due January 27. Looking forward to swapping stories and support with all of you πŸ™‚

Post # 215
39 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: June 2014 - old theatre and fancy hotel

View original reply
krystalite:  Nah, not quite yet, just preparing in advance! My technique was to buy all of the cool weather clothing on sale now to stock up for this fall/winter (although my area doesn’t really get much of a fall!) 

Very exhausted this week! I’ve been sleeping nine hours a night and taking 1-2 naps a day! Also, MS hit me hard this week (9), although I never had it up until now… I really thought I was home free!!!! Now I’m just waiting for first tri to end and my poor Darling Husband has been waiting on me hand and foot all weekend! 

Post # 216
66 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

View original reply
Jayceedee:  Accepted you and added you to the group! SOOO funny that you live right here we will have to get together!! 

Post # 217
286 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: March 2014 - Glen Sanders Mansion

View original reply
Cwoodward:  thank you! I can’t seem to find it in my groups, I’ll PM you on FB with my real name just in case. And yes, we will definitely have to get together! This is my first and I’m so excited!

Post # 218
6 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: October 2013

How far along are you? 7 weeks tomorrow!

Estimated Due Date:  January 18th 2016

How many cycles trying? We had been trying for a year and a half.  But I had really long and irregular cycles so I needed the help of Clomid.  I got pregnant on my first cycle taking Clomid! πŸ™‚

When did you get your BFP? I got a faint positive (but still obvious) on May 12th and and dark positive a couple of days later.

Who have you told? My husband and my best friend.  I am cautious to tell anyone else because it has taken so long to get pregnant that I am worried I will miscarry still.  I have had no spotting at all which is a good sign.  

When do you plan on telling more people? I will probably wait till 12 weeks to tell my parents and 14-16 weeks to tell everyone else.

How did you tell your partner?  He was sleeping when I took the test.  I was expecting it to be negative but when I saw a positive I woke him up super excited. Haha.  There were many negative test in the past.

Any symptoms yet? Sore boobs, gassy, nausea, dull cramps here and there (I think from gas)

What are you most excited about? I am just excited about everything!!

When is your first appointment? My first appoitment is June 3rd and my first ultrasound is June 15th.

For fun – Do you have any names picked out? Yes!

For fun – Bonus round: Do you think you’re having a boy or a girl? I honestly have no idea! haha

• This reply was modified 4 years, 10 months ago by  calicutie13.
Post # 219
31 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: September 2014

I am so happy to be joining this board and wish everyone a happy and healthy 9 months! My husband and I have been married 8 months, but have been together since we were 15 years old. It was such an odd feeling to finally be TRYING to get pregnant after trying so hard NOT to get pregnant for so long. We could not be happier – and feel so blessed!! 

How far along are you? 5 weeks 5 days – still early πŸ™‚

How many cycles trying? 2nd official cycle trying. I was so pessimistic that it would take us a long time – most wonderful surprise!

When did you get your BFP? I got my squinter BFP 5 days before my period was due. I cried when I saw it. I’m still not sure exactly when I ovulated (even FF didn’t quite know!) so I wasnt feeling optomistic, and don’t know exactly how many dpo it was. It was such a happy moment!

Who have you told? My Darling Husband of course, as well as my best friend, and a really close work friend who has been my ‘baby talk’ buddy for the last year (since I’ve been so excited to have a baby since before I got engaged!) 

When do you plan on telling more people? 

100% for sure not telling another soul until after our 12 week ultrasound. I am way to paranoid something bad is going to happen πŸ™

How did you tell your partner? I came home early from a weekend at the in-laws (came home before my Darling Husband that is) and just instinctively wanted to take a test. That’s when I saw that beautiful line and did my crying lol. I wanted to wait to tell him in person. It too him another 20 minutes to get home (I even called him to see if he was on his way lol) and when he walked in the door before he even took his boots off I said “You’re going to be a daddy!” He totally wasn’t expecting it but was so happy!!

Any symptoms yet? My boobs are sore! And the main one is that I’m tired! Heartburn too but I had that often before I found out I was pregant so not sure if that’s pregnancy related. That’s about it right now!

What are you most excited about/for? Everything! Mostly right now just to tell people. And to start buying baby items! And ahhh!!!! Just the first ultrasound! The first kicks… I am just SO EXCITED!

When is your first appt? My first appointment is Thursday! I will be 6 weeks, 2 days. Not sure what to expect but excited to get my questions answered.

For fun – Do you have any names picked out? Of course! My Darling Husband and I like Turner for a boy, and Harper for a girl!

For fun – Bonus round: Do you think you’re having a boy or a girl? My Darling Husband has all nieces (3) so although we want a boy, it’s going to be a girl I’m sure!

Post # 220
66 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

Anyone else want to join our FB group just friend me! <3

Post # 221
14 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: June 2011

I just sent you a friend request! πŸ™‚

Post # 222
53 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: October 2014

View original reply
Cwoodward:  I added you too! My profile pic is one of our wedding pictures. πŸ™‚

Post # 223
4 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: March 2016

Hi Bee’s, I m soooo happy I can finally post on a post like this I have been stalking the wedding and pregnancy boards for months and have finally plucked the courage to post πŸ™‚

How far along are you? 7weeks, my estimated due date is 2 months before our wedding!! next year is going to be the best year ever!!

How many cycles trying? 2 very LONG years. I have PCOS so needed the help of clomid – which worked on my 4th try. we was moving on to IVF this summer if the clomid still didnt help us fall.

When did you get your BFP? 16 DPO I didnt want to test until i Missed my period as I have seeing BFN but the night before my BFP i tried out a ovulation test just to ‘see’ and it was the strongest I have ever seen it so the next day i bought a pregnancy test and bam! postivie in seconds

Who have you told? my fiance knows obviously and Just our parents for now

When do you plan on telling more people? not until the 1st scan at around 12 weeks very nervous that everything will be ok!

How did you tell your partner? showed him the stick! we hugged and cried and that was about it as we have been trying for so long we are both nervous and in shock that its finally happened!

Any symptoms yet? sore boobs since ovulation, morning sickness, (well all day sickness) strong period like cramps now and then and a sore back

What are you most excited about/for? The scan! I cannot wait to see the little bean in real life so I can finally believe its real!

When is your first appt? The doctors in the UK wont see you until after 8 weeks so will make an appointment next week.

For fun – Do you have any names picked out? yes – I think we have the names sorted. Mason for a boy and Faye for a girl.

For fun – Bonus round: Do you think you’re having a boy or a girl? I really think I’m having a girl. I dont know why I just have a feeling. I have no prefrence either way

Congratulations Ladies!

• This reply was modified 4 years, 10 months ago by  millsy89.
  • This reply was modified 4 years, 10 months ago by  millsy89.

The topic ‘January 2016 Mamas — New Year Babies!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors