(Closed) January 2016 Mamas — New Year Babies!

posted 7 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 227
214 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2015

View original reply
krystalite:  Hey! I PMd my username to someone when it was initially discussed, but I’m not sure if I didn’t sent it to the right person. I’ll read back in the tread to figure out who I need to send it to. 

Also, as far as a new thread I think it’s a great idea. As we get closer to the 2nd trimester I feel like there will be a lot more going on with ultrasounds and other exciting stuff!

Post # 229
721 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: December 2014

View original reply
krystalite:  I agree with 
View original reply
robin2015:  in that I think a second tri thread would be great! I’m not on Facebook so this is the only way I can keep up with the rest of the January Mama’s.. 

I do apoligize though that I haven’t been popping in much.. I’ve been feeling suuuuuppper crappy with nearly constant nausea, I thought it was relenting for a few days, but its back in full swing. I’m not vomiting at all.. Sometimes I wish I would just to get some relief, but all in all I’m glad I’m keeping my food down. 

Its funny, the only thing that helps the nausea is eating, but I’m SO turned off by eating lol *fingers crossed* this nausea/heartburn/sourness goes away soon!! lol 

Post # 230
3 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: May 2015

Hi everyone! I am super excited to be joining this thread!!! This is my frst pregnancy. We just had our first appointment with the midwife today and saw the baby on the ultrasound and the little heartbeat was fluttering away. It is all of the sudden super real! Anyways I am officially 9 weeks today and my husband and I couldn’t be more thrillled!

Post # 231
877 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2014

View original reply
taynilla:  Congratulations and welcome! πŸ™‚

Post # 232
3 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: May 2015

I tried to join the facebook group by sending a friend invite to the organizer and sending a message about who I was but haven’t heard anything. Do I need to do anything else?  

Post # 233
1294 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

Hey mommas! On pregnancy #3 but after this weekend I need some support. 😟 I’ll PM to join the FB group but wanted to start here. 

How far along are you? 10 weeks

How many cycles trying? 1

When did you get your BFP? My birthday at 2 weeks. Great present!

Who have you told? My immediate family, DH family, our daughters and a few close friends

When do you plan on telling more people? Making it FB official after meeting a few friends this week and shooting a silly picture

How did you tell your partner? DH gave me a LV wallet for Mother’s Day. I put the test(in a plastic bag) inside the wallet and told him we had to return it. He was suspicious but still opened it to inspect it!

Any symptoms yet? I had 3 pimples pop up on my neck at 1 week and joked with DH about it since I only breakout on my neck when PG. Lots of nausea, exhaustion and dehydration since!

When is your first appt? Was at 8 weeks. Ultrasound made it really real!

For fun – Do you have any names picked out? We have boy names since we thought we were having a boy last time but the dream names pop out now like River or after baseball greats. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

– Bonus round: Do you think you’re having a boy or a girl? Feel the same as the last which was a girl! But who knows?!

Post # 234
1 posts
Wannabee

Hi everyone! This is my first post and my first pregnancy. Due date is Jan. 4

How far along are you? 13 weeks tomorrow

How many cycles trying? Tried for 2 years with my ex-husband. Did multiple tests and Clomid for 3 cycles. That was 3 years ago. My boyfriend and I weren’t trying at all to get pregnant, it was a huge surprise and blessing!

When did you get your BFP? 5 weeks

Who have you told? We initially kept it to ourselves until our first appointment. We ended up telling my family sooner because we flew to NY and I couldn’t keep my nausea under wraps. 

When do you plan on telling more people? We announced our pregnancy to everyone after our first appointment at 9 weeks. I didn’t want to wait until 12 weeks. 

How did you tell your partner? After hearing how late I was, he bought the HPT for me. I didn’t think I was because my cycle has always been very irregular. I was wrong! I just handed him the HPT in shock, and he read it wrong at first and thought it was negative so he began to console me. When I realized that, I blurted out “It’s positive!” He was so happy he cried πŸ™‚

Any symptoms yet? A lot of nausea from 8-11 weeks. Sore breasts almost daily and I went from 32DD to 32G!!!! They’re scary big…

What are you most excited about/for? Watching my kid experience their first everything!

When is your first appt? Had it at 9 weeks. Second appointment was at 11.5 weeks. My next one is scheduled at 

For fun – Do you have any names picked out? SO many. I have a list. Really like Sage, Willow, and Winny. Winny is short for SO’s late mother, Wynette. Sage for boy or girl. And I LOVE Willow <3

For fun – Bonus round: Do you think you’re having a boy or a girl? Intuition tells me it’s a boy. SO wants a boy too. 

Post # 235
12 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: August 2013

Due date:  January 27

How many cycles trying? 1

When did you get your BFP? May 21st. I woke up at 3am that morning to go to the bathroom and impulsively decided to take a digital test. My boobs had been hurting for 5 days which is unusual for me so I thought I might be pregnant. The test come up positive about a minute later!

Who have you told? DH, immediate family and a few close friends.

When do you plan on telling more people? We are going to wait a few more weeks to announce to everyone.

How did you tell your partner? Since I took the test at 3am he was still sleeping. I debated on whether or not to wait til morning but I was so excited I couldn’t wait. So I woke him up and said, “Guess what? I’m pregnant!” He gasped then said, “Are you serious? Really?” He was so happy!  

Any symptoms yet? Oh yeah! Nausea, occasional morning sickness, exhaustion, having to pee every 20 minutes! You know, the fun stuff. 

What are you most excited about/for? Pretty much everything! This is our first child so everything is new! 

When is your first appt? I had my first ultrasound a few days ago at 9w4d and everything looked great! Next appointment is in a month.

For fun – Do you have any names picked out? Sure do. I had a list in my phone of names that I liked and DH and I have been talking about our likes and dislikes for names.

For fun – Bonus round: Do you think you’re having a boy or a girl? I keep having this feeling it’s a girl. So we shall see!

• This reply was modified 6 years, 5 months ago by .
Post # 236
30 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: September 2014

View original reply
krystalite:  In response to your notion a while ago to start a new thread for the second trimester I think that’s a great idea!!! So interested to see what everyone’s been up to/feeling/progressing!

The topic ‘January 2016 Mamas — New Year Babies!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors