(Closed) January 2018 Babies and Mama's!

posted 4 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 211
2086 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

View original reply
FutureMrsGrabs :  Sorry to hear your is getting bad too. Week 9 was really good for me, 10 not so much.  I also threw up yesterday in my car after work.  Thank goodness for having doggy poo bags on hand!  Luckily my jeans are super stretchy and I’ve been doing the elastic band thing on the button for a while now.  But I’m running out of flowy tops.  I’m also going today to look at maternity tankinis as I’m in no shape to wear a 2 peice right now and we’re going away this weekend. 

Why don’t you just start buying maternity pants now?  That way they fit everywhere else but can accomodate the growing belly…buying a size or two up in regular pants may be too big in the butt etc. I’m pretty sure I wore maternity pants for at least 4 or 5 months after giving birth because they were so comfortable!

Post # 212
1461 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: March 2015

View original reply
MrsBananas :  It has been quiet! So I decided to pop back in to see what’s happening. Are you part of the FB group, is it more active?

Be careful what you wish for, right? I hope your MS gets better! Please don’t hate me but I’m 10-11 weeks and still no MS, which is why we’ve been worrying about whether our baby is doing ok. I also barely have any symptoms and no weight gain yet.

View original reply
FutureMrsGrabs :  I hope your MS gets better too! Where do you plan on buying your maternity clothes? I’ve been bookmarking some clothes at sites like Gap & H&M and want to get some belly bands, but I’m holding off on buying anything until after 12 weeks just in case.

I have an ultrasound tomorrow morning – I’m eager for the chance to see our baby since it’s been like 3 weeks! Also plan on requesting that blood test to check gender and trisomy, if the OB doesn’t already have that in the works.

Post # 213
800 posts
Busy bee

View original reply
Jewelieee :  

I’m so happy for you that you haven’t had any MS and I’m glad you get to see your little bean soon! One of my good friends is pregnant right now and she hasn’t had any either. It definitely makes me a little jealous but I wouldn’t wish this feeling on my worst enemy. I’m not sure where I would buy maternity clothes. We have an outlet mall nearby so I may go there to try stuff on. I just bought a huge lot of maternity clothes online with a ton of pants and shirts but the girl I purchased them from is quite a bit shorter than I am so I can’t wear most of the pants. I haven’t gained any weight yet but my tummy is definitely a little bigger. I didn’t expect to change size until I was much further along since I’m pretty tall and thin but it seems like most of my pregnancy expectations has been dashed at this point, haha.

Post # 214
1461 posts
Bumble bee

View original reply
FutureMrsGrabs :  Is there a good site for getting secondhand maternity clothes? Seems like a waste of money to buy everything new. I’ve had the opposite expectations as you – I’m petite and thin so I thought that I’d already be showing by now!

Post # 215
800 posts
Busy bee

View original reply
Jewelieee :  I joined a bunch of mom swap and shop FB groups when I got pregnant and I found them on there. A girl had just had her 2nd and was selling her mat clothes. It was a super good deal, I got like 40 things for $40. There are a bunch of pants and so many shirts that I’ll be able to wear when I get big. I definitely wish I’d managed my expectations a little more, oh well lol. 

Post # 216
1461 posts
Bumble bee

View original reply
FutureMrsGrabs :  Yes, that’s an awesome deal even if you don’t wear all 40 things!

So unfortunately, I’ll be yet another Bee leaving this group. The ultrasound yesterday showed our baby actually stopped growing a few weeks ago and there was no heartbeat. I was kind of in disbelief since we had just heard the heartbeat at 7 weeks or so and everything had been progressing normally. I didn’t miscarry because I guess my progesterone levels were still high and my body was still carrying on the pregnancy.

I chose to get a vacuum aspiration the same day so I wouldn’t have to deal with the additional emotions of just waiting for the bleeding/cramping. The procedure was extremely painful. I cried all day and night yesterday and I’m just getting by today. I feel empty inside, both physically and emotionally, and I miss him so much (we always thought it was a boy). I feel sad that he passed away and didn’t get the chance to grow. I think he died at around 8 weeks; this week would have been 10-11 and we were getting ready to tell people outside of my close friends & family. My DH has been taking it pretty hard too and he was with me through the ultrasound and procedure.

Anyway, I’d appreciate any kind advice about how to get through the grieving process. I know that we’ll get pregnant again, but it took us so long and right now I can’t imagine having another one since we wanted this lost baby so much. I sincerely hope that the rest of y’all make it through the first trimester and have wonderful rainbow babies!

Post # 217
1128 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2013

View original reply
Jewelieee :  I’m so, so sorry to read this. I don’t have much advice except to let yourself grieve. I’ve had a miscarriage myself and I know how awful it is. Hold your hubby close, pamper yourself and get a lot of rest. Talk about it with understanding people. Sending you so many hugs.

Post # 218
800 posts
Busy bee

View original reply
Jewelieee :  I am so, so sorry. I can’t even imagine what you’re going through. Sending you virtual hugs and best wishes for a fast physical recovery and hoping that emotionally you are able to heal as well. My MC was very different from yours, I know that it would’ve been infinitely harder if we’d heard the heartbeat and assumed we had a healthy baby. If you ever want to reach out though I’d be happy to talk to you. Again, so sorry for this awful news. 

Post # 219
933 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2015 - Cathedral of the Immaculate Conception / Courtyard Marriott Legacy Ballroom

View original reply
Jewelieee :  I’m so sorry for your loss! The only advice I can give is to be kind to yourself and give yourself time to grieve and heal. Sending you lots of love and hugs!

Post # 220
983 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: February 2015

View original reply
Jewelieee :  i am so very sorry for your loss. I will be thinking of you and your husband and sending you love.

Post # 221
1461 posts
Bumble bee

View original reply
YogaMama :  
View original reply
FutureMrsGrabs :  
View original reply
MrsGAM :  
View original reply
Jellybones :  

Thank you so much for your condolences! Overall, we’re still grieving. I’m still recovering physically as well (damn bleeding!). But we will be ok. 🙂

Post # 222
6 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: August 2016

Hi ladies,

I hope you are all doing well!

I’m hoping to join the Facebook group that was mentioned a few posts ago. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks!

Post # 224
6 posts
Newbee

View original reply
FutureMrsGrabs :  Thanks. I did try this already. Will try again!

Post # 225
6 posts
Newbee

View original reply
amandaeva :  Thanks. I did try this already. Will try again!

The topic ‘January 2018 Babies and Mama's!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors