January 2019 POAS – The Infertility Edition! (6+ Months TTC + Other Issues)

posted 6 months ago in TTC
Post # 3
1272 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: City, State

Your age/partner’s age: 27/31

Baby #: 1

Cycles Trying: 15months, cycles donʻt line up

Current Cycle Day/DPO: CD9 and spotting/cramping *eye roll*

Usual Cycle Length: 28-85 days

Ovulation/Procedure (and what kind) Date: Waiting on O

POAS/Beta Date: would LOVE a Christmas baby since my mom got her BFP xmas morning with me

Known fertility issues: no lining, cysts, irregular cycles

BFP Plan (BD Timing, supplements, charting, prenatals, etc.): OPKS, temping, BDʻing regularly, prenatals

Trying anything new this month?: back to regularly scheduled crappy cycles

Link to your chart if charting: not sure how to link mine?

For fun: What are your NY resolutions for 2019? build back my savings

Post # 4
460 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: November 2016

ROLL CALL 

Your age/partner’s age: 27/26

Cycles Trying: N/A we are a same-sex couple but we started seeing an RE in May

Current Cycle Day/DPO: CD3

Usual Cycle Length: 33-75 ish, very unpredictable 

Ovulation/Procedure (and what kind) Date: FET tentatively scheduled for 1/4/19

POAS/Beta Date: Beta would be around 1/16/19

Known fertility issues: “Lean” PCOS.  My wife and I started seeing our RE in May to discuss treatment plans.  After a long discussion, we decided to skip trying IUI’s and go straight to IVF (for multiple reasons).  Did egg retrieval in July freeze all cycle because my estrogen was crazy high.  I then developed a 6 cm cyst on my right ovary after egg retrieval and had to be put on birth control for two months to clear it.  Ultrasound today revealed that it has dissolved and we are clear to proceed with our frozen embryo transfer.

BFP Plan (BD Timing, supplements, charting, prenatals, etc.): FET of 2 day 5 blastocysts.  Taking prenatals and baby aspirin.  Started lupron injections on Dec 2nd and today I start estrogen pills.  PIO shots will start 5 days before transfer.

Trying anything new this month?: Actually being able to do a transfer!

Link to your chart if charting: Not charting

For fun: What are your NY resolutions for 2019? Get our finances into check!

<footer class=”social-row”>
<div class=”likes bbp-admin-links “> </div>
</footer>

Post # 6
209 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2017

Thanks for hosting again!

ROLL CALL 

Your age/partner’s age: 30/38 next week

Cycles Trying: 15th, 8th past MC

Current Cycle Day/DPO: CD1

Usual Cycle Length: 31 days

Ovulation/Procedure (and what kind) Date: Expected Dec 27th

POAS/Beta Date: Jan 11th

Known fertility issues: Nothing at all, officially unexplained infertility

BFP Plan (BD Timing, supplements, charting, prenatals, etc.): Timing, charting, prenatals, baby aspirin for inflammation (I’ve had unexplained high inflammation levels most of my life), maca

Trying anything new this month?: Taking a break from medicated cycles at the moment, prepping for IUI in January. Thinking about adding CoQ10 and elderberry syrup for the inflammation.

Link to your chart if chartinghttp://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/6eb6c1 

For fun: What are your NY resolutions for 2019? Other than hopefully get pregnant/have a baby, nothing in particular. Try to keep up the diet/exercise/savings routines where we have been. 

Post # 8
209 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2017

tulipdazey :  Thanks! That’s my hope for all of us (I know you’ve had your fair share of IVF/IUI mess already), but we all seem to keep rolling over unfortunately. Hope 2019 is the year for all of us!

Post # 10
460 posts
Helper bee

tulipdazey :  Thank you!  I am so excited to finally be able to transfer.  Good luck with your retrieval.  Am I reading this correctly that this will be your third?  So much power to you.  We could only afford one retrieval so thankfully it was successful.

I am having really bad night sweats from Lupron.  Has this happened to anyone?  It’s awful.

Post # 12
460 posts
Helper bee

tulipdazey :  Oh no, I am so sorry that has happened to you!  I hope this time is successful.  It must be so frustrating to start shots and then have to stop.  That’s amazing that your insurance covers so much.  Mine covers diagnostics only.  So basically they will pay to tell me what is wrong with me but not to fix me.  Sigh.  Hence the reason we need to get our finances in check haha.

Thank you for the tip!  I will try it.  I usually love to cuddle but I won’t let me wife get anywhere near me at night right now haha.  Hoping taking the estrogen now will help the menopause symptoms subside a little.

Post # 14
2593 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: December 2017

ROLL CALL 

Your age/partner’s age: 28 (will be 29 on the 18th) and 34

Cycles Trying: month 12, cycle 10

Current Cycle Day/DPO: CD10 

Usual Cycle Length: on average they’re about 35 days long…they’ve been as long as 56 and as short as 23 though. 

Ovulation/Procedure (and what kind) Date: ovulation should occur somewhere between December 22-December 26 (CD20-24) although this last cycle it was CD28. I’ll keep you updated. 

POAS/Beta Date: around January 10…I’ll keep you updated. 

Known fertility issues: have PCOS and a probable bicornuate uterus. I have an appt on December 20 to do an SHG to see if it is a bicornuate uterus or a septum. If it is a septum, we will schedule the procedure….if its just a bicornuate we leave it. Darling Husband has azoospermia but is on clomid to hopefully boost and start sperm production….SA on January 15 and his urologist appt is January 22nd. If they find sperm in there, they will freeze it and wait until I can lose the weight to be able to do egg retrieval and IVF. If no sperm is present, we will discuss what direction to go in next. 

BFP Plan (BD Timing, supplements, charting, prenatals, etc.): BD EOD during FW. Wearing the Ava bracelet for temping. Charting symptoms. OPKs when I remember, although I have read they aren’t always effective for those with PCOS. Vitamins (a whole laundry list) for both Darling Husband and I. Continue metformin for me and clomid for Darling Husband. And continuing a PCOS diet/lifestyle change. 

Trying anything new this month?: nope, other than trying to relax and decrease stress….and have fun with my husband.

For fun: What are your NY resolutions for 2019? Continue making healthier food choices, exercise more, and lose weight to be able to do Egg retrieval and IVF. And to also build up my savings again after paying off a couple loans. Buy a new vehicle in the fall.

Post # 15
1109 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2015

Your age/partner’s age: 39/39

Cycles Trying: 20 including 2 MC’s

Current Cycle Day/DPO: CD4

Usual Cycle Length: 28 days during a natural cycle

Ovulation/Procedure (and what kind) Date: Currently on BC waiting for the lab to re-open so I can start my FET cycle. FET meds scheduled to start on 12/27!

POAS/Beta Date: 1/30 (?) to be confirmed…

Known fertility issues: Lean PCOS, MTHFR, subclinical hypothyroid, otherwise unexplained

BFP Plan (BD Timing, supplements, charting, prenatals, etc.): FET this cycle!

Trying anything new this month?: I’m lightening up on my supplements and diet restrictions since I have embryos waiting in the freezer. Still waiting on PGS results so hopefully this doesn’t bite me in the butt. But I needed a break. Back on the wagon in January.

Link to your chart if charting: Nope! And it’s glorious! 😂

For fun: What are your NY resolutions for 2019? Not sure yet. But it should probably have something to do with self care or working on my mental health. The past 2 years have really taken a toll. 

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors