January 2019 POAS – The Infertility Edition! (6+ Months TTC + Other Issues)

posted 3 years ago in TTC
Post # 61
21 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: August 2013

Your age/partner’s age: 35/36

Baby #: 1

Cycles Trying: Too many to count

Current Cycle Day/DPO: 2

Usual Cycle Length: 34 days

Ovulation/Procedure (and what kind) Date: 1/20 or 1/21. 2nd month using Ckear Blue Fertility Monitor

POAS/Beta Date: 2/3/18

Known fertility issues: None known. + Metabolic issues may affect fertility. 

BFP Plan (BD Timing, supplements, charting, prenatals, etc.): Goal is to BD every other day starting the 2nd day of flashing smiley :). 2nd month using Preseed, on prenatals daily. Thinking about adding pink stork fertility supplement. 

Trying anything new this month?: Just ordered my BBT thermometer from Amazon! 

Link to your chart if charting:

For fun: What are your NY resolutions for 2019? Make healthy a priority! 

Post # 62
60 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: June 2017

Your age/partner’s age: 28/31(32 in 3 weeks)

Baby #: 1

Cycles Trying: 18months

Current Cycle Day/DPO: CD13- just completed double IUI’s yesterday & today!

Usual Cycle Length: 31 days

Ovulation/Procedure (and what kind) Date: 1/01 and 1/02 (today!) double IUI’s. Triggered at night on 12/31

POAS/Beta Date: 1/15!! bumped my cycle up a week from responding well to medication.

Known fertility issues: Unexplained. originally MFI due to low morphology but has improved since fertilaid.

BFP Plan (BD Timing, supplements, charting, prenatals, etc.): Prenatals, Fertilaid, clomid cd 3-7, ovidrel, double IUI.

Trying anything new this month?: first medicated IUI cycle!

For fun: What are your NY resolutions for 2019? Find a hobby I enjoy!

Post # 63
2015 posts
Buzzing bee

View original reply
futuremrscas :  what a way to start the year! Hope the IUIs work for you. 

AFM: had my 2nd baseline appt this am. Start estrogen tomorrow as long as the bloodwork comes back okay. I went in on Friday for baseline, but I had a cyst they wanted to monitor. Excited to finally start moving towards transfer!

Post # 64
356 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: November 2016

View original reply
larissakay :  Hope your bw comes back okay!!!

View original reply
futuremrscas :  Hope those IUI’s bring your babe!

AFM: Transfer is Friday.  Getting super excited for it!!!  I am just so excited to be able to call myself “pupo” and hopefully I am never proven otherwise.  The PIO shots are not fun but not as bad as I thought.  The actual injection isn’t so bad minus having to keep the needle in for the slowwww medicine.  I am sore but hoping that my butt just goes numb soon hahaha

Post # 65
2015 posts
Buzzing bee

View original reply
1111makeawish :  Hooray for transfer!!! So exciting. Glad you’re powering through PIO. I start in a few weeks and am not excited about it, but my doctor prescribed a pain relieving patch I can use if it starts to hurt, so at least I have some relief if I need it!

Post # 66
356 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
larissakay :  Oh that’s good!  I am icing before to help numb the area but bought some pain relief cream in case I start getting too sore for just ice.  I was not excited about them either.  Actually dreading them, but my wife put it a way that made me be more excited about them.  She said, “PIO means the transfer and our possibly baby growing is almost here.  You can do this.”  I think they will be easier mentally once I have an embryo to keep healthy!

Post # 67
1114 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2015

View original reply
larissakay :  yay! That’s great news! Can’t wait for your FET cycle to get moving 😊

View original reply
1111makeawish :  eek! So exciting! FX so hard for a sticky bean. Lots of sticky beans this month, really πŸ˜‰

Post # 69
356 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
sleepymelis :  Thank you!  Yes, lots of sticky beans this month please!!  Hope we all get our BFP.

View original reply
tulipdazey :  I am sorry you had to deal with your sil.  I come from a family of highly fertile women minus one sister who also had to undergo IVF, so most of my family can’t relate.  I have one sister who doesn’t have a filter and has said some pretty insensitive stuff (and of course she tried once and got pregnant).  My mom also seems more concerned about what I am going to do with my “leftover” embryos than the actual ones being transferred.  She is so far into the “life beings at conception” thing that she strongly feels it would be equal to abortion if we did not transfer them all or donate to another couple (we ARE planning to donate IF we have any extras, but none of her business).  We don’t even have one baby yet.  Let’s not freak out about what decision we may have to make in the distant future and focus on making this baby.  *FYI those are HER views not mine.  I think whatever a couple decides to do with their embryos is their decision and there is no wrong choice.

Post # 70
255 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2017

So excited for all the IUI/IVF attempts this month, really really hoping we start the year off with some BFPs!! I was pretty devastated when I realized I wouldn’t have a baby in 2018 and I’m realizing there are not too many months left to have one in 2019. I didn’t temp this month (I’ve been at my moms for a few weeks and it just wasn’t feasible). I wasn’t expecting much from this month since we’re not doing anything other than the normal vitamins, but it’s such a strange feeling to pull back a little. We start IUI next month, so my CD3 appointment should be around January 14th-15th. I’m excited to try some intervention, but no so excited about going back on Clomid.

Post # 71
2015 posts
Buzzing bee

View original reply
sleepymelis :  how’s your cycle progressing? Do you have a transfer date set?

View original reply
cbn8787 :  It’s exciting to get to move forward! I hope your IUI goes well!

Post # 72
1114 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2015

View original reply
larissakay :  not yet! I go in for monitoring on Friday morning, based on the results of that I’ll either keep taking the estrogen till my lining thickens up, or get a transfer date!

View original reply
cbn8787 :  so excited you’re getting started on an IUI cycle! Would your doctor consider Femara instead of Clomid? Some people have less of a negative reaction to Femara.

Post # 73
255 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2017

View original reply
sleepymelis :  My doctor is definitely partial to Clomid and prefers me to stay on it since I responded pretty well the 4 months I was taking it. Obviously, it didn’t work on its own, but I didn’t have any horrible side effects and produced more eggs. I know I’m lucky I didn’t have any major side effects, but I felt really emotional, which I hate.

Post # 74
348 posts
Helper bee

Haven’t roll called yet but we just got back from the fertility doctor. Basically we have good news (everything is normal / perfect / above average) with the shitty, bad news – we are officially diagnosed as infertility with no explanation. He said that after 5 years of not being on birth control, and over a year of seriously trying to conceive, that we are unlikely to conceive naturally. It could happen but it is unlikely. 

After discussing it with the doctor, we are going straight to IVF. He said that with our particular results that IVF would be almost 100%, while each IUI has only a 50% chance and costs $500 dollars. Our government pays for IVF but it takes time to be approved, so we are looking at a few months wait before that happens, after we receive plans from the IVF doctor. We are considering doing IUIs in that waiting period, if that is an option. Well I’m considering it, but my husband thinks that would be too stressful. Anyone have any thoughts about IUI vs. IVF?  

So yeah…..on one hand, it’s kind of crushing to be told this but on the other hand I’m glad to know, and glad to be moving forward. Kind of a relief.  Thanks everyone for your support over the last few months. It means so much. I’ll try to be better about being on the boards. 

Post # 75
348 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
Dr_dazzle :  I’m so sorry that your Christmas was rough. It’s a really awful time of year. 

View original reply
EllyAnne :  I saw a lot of those ‘our lives are so much richer now’ posts this year and each one was a punch in the gut. 

View original reply
tulipdazey :  Hugs. I’m so sorry about what your SIL said. People who aren’t going through it just don’t get it. I hope 2019 is better for you. If you ever need to talk, just message me. You’ve been so kind and supportive to me – if I can ever return the favour please let me know <3

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors