January 2020 Babies!

posted 6 months ago in Pregnancy
Post # 3
1508 posts
Bumble bee

Hello! Thanks for starting the thread πŸ˜€

How old are you and DH? I’m 27 (28 next week) and Darling Husband is 28!

How far along are you? 3w2d – just found out today!

Estimated Due Date? January 12, 2020

What baby # is this? 1

How many cycles trying? 7 total – 4 after my first MC, and 1 after CP

When did you get your BFP? Today! 9dpo. It’s the earliest I’ve ever gotten a positive so I’m feeling quite optimistic about it!

Who have you told? Darling Husband, my parents, and 3 close friends

When do you plan to tell other people? Telling DH’s family over the May long weekend as we will all be together then, and telling the rest of my friends the weekend after that since I don’t think I’ll be able to keep it from them for very long

How did you tell your partner? I ran downstairs holding 2 pregnancy tests sobbing πŸ˜›

Any symptoms? Yesterday I was super moody, and my boobs have been sore, but that’s about it

What are you most excited about? Getting another chance at this – hoping it’ll be my sticky rainbow baby this time. Feels so surreal that it might actually come to that!

When is your first appointment? Don’t have one yet.

When are you planning on finding out the sex? ASAP!

Post # 4
474 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: November 2018 - City Hall

I’ll join πŸ™‚

How old are you and DH? I am 30, soon to be 31. Darling Husband is 33.

How far along are you? 4 weeks today πŸ™‚

Estimated Due Date? January 8, 2020

What baby # is this? 1

How many cycles trying? 1

When did you get your BFP? Last Sunday, on April 28! 

Who have you told? Parents and siblings, as well as two close friends. We just can’t keep it to ourselves!

When do you plan to tell other people? Probably after our first doctor’s appointment, or once I feel comfortable sharing. Not sure yet TBH.

How did you tell your partner? I bought him a “gift” which turned out to be a little baby onesie ☺️

Any symptoms? Basically everything except nausea. I have been experiencing fatigue (napping every day), tender breasts, frequent cramping, bloating, frequent urination, hunger/cravings, heightened sense of smell, mood swings (anger, crying, etc.) I had a few dreams that were indicative as well. 

What are you most excited about? I just can’t believe we made a little one, I can’t wait to hold and see them for the first time <3

When is your first appointment? Tomorrow I go in for the blood test results and to speak with the doctor. 

When are you planning on finding out the sex? As soon as possible!

Post # 5
161 posts
Blushing bee

Roll Call!

How old are you and DH? 29/33

How far along are you? 5 weeks

Estimated Due Date? The first week of January (Jan 3rd?)

What baby # is this? #1

How many cycles trying? 1

When did you get your BFP? Monday, April 30

Who have you told? Just my husband knows.

When do you plan to tell other people? After the first trimester is done.

How did you tell your partner? “I think I see a second line.” My period was late and we had two BFNs a few days before. I took an ovulation test because I figured if I skipped a period maybe I could be ovulating. The OPK came back positive. So I figured I’d take a cheapy HPT because it made more sense that I was late and pregnant than late and ovulating.

Any symptoms? A little bit crampy. Bra feels tighter. Cold-like feeling without cough or runny nose. Feeling extra hungry. It feels like I pee every 20 minutes. I also feel like it’s too warm at the office which is new because I’m usually freezing there.

What are you most excited about? I am most excited about it sinking in. We didn’t expect to get pregnant on the first try so I will be going about my day and remember ‘oh, yeah! I’m pregnant!’

When is your first appointment? I plan to make one after the 8th week.

When are you planning on finding out the sex? As soon as possible.

Post # 6
1508 posts
Bumble bee

Yay more friends!

istanbee :  Crazy that you’re having all the symptoms already! It’s probably a good thing that nausea is left out πŸ˜€

rainbowduckie :  I’m also excited about it finally sinking in. It’s kind of hard to remember when there’s no belly or anything like that as a constant reminder!

Post # 8
621 posts
Busy bee

How old are you and DH? 27 / 33

How far along are you? Probably around 3.5 – 4 weeks

Estimated Due Date? Mid January

What baby # is this? 1 πŸ™‚

How many cycles trying? 1 – I really didn’t think it would happen this fast

When did you get your BFP? Yesterday!!!! 

Who have you told? My husband, and my doctor… and the bee!

When do you plan to tell other people? I’m not sure yet! Probably tell some close friends in the next couple of weeks and family after our first appointment. Really make it public after the 1st trimester

How did you tell your partner? I left the BFP in a spot I know he would see when he got home from work.

Any symptoms? I’ve been sleeping A LOT. But I always sleep a lot 🀣

What are you most excited about? Meeting the baby… and also seeing Darling Husband be a dad. He’s going to be amazing πŸ’ž I am also extremely excited to decorate the nursery! πŸ™‚

When is your first appointment? in 3 weeks! 

When are you planning on finding out the sex? When they’re born 

Post # 11
76 posts
Worker bee

How old are you and DH? 32 and 37

How far along are you? 4 weeks 1 day

Estimated Due Date? Jan 8, 2020

What baby # is this? #1

How many cycles trying? 1-2 (first cycle I believe was annovulatory)

When did you get your BFP? 12dpo

Who have you told? My two best friends, one co-worker and my husband πŸ™‚

When do you plan to tell other people? I think I’ll have to tell my boss really soon, because I need to get out of a work trip to a remote wilderness resort that I was scheduled to go on – and I don’t want to risk it in my first tri…

How did you tell your partner? I tested the day before and got my BFP, managed to keep it a complete secret and stay cool, and went out and bought a little onesie and gave it to him with my positive test the following day πŸ™‚

Any symptoms? Bloating and gas the last few days, tired in evenings. Woke up this morning surprisingly alert and not bloated, so of course that’s sending me down an anxiety spiral!

What are you most excited about? Seeing the baby on ultrasound, hearing the heartbeat and confirming that it’s healthy and cozy in there.

When is your first appointment? Unknown! I’ve called two midwives and have yet to be able to make an appt, so I’ll be chasing down someone today. I’d like to get blood drawn and get my betas checked if I can, just to see everything is progressing as it should.

When are you planning on finding out the sex? I’d like to do NIPT testing, so we’ll probably find out around 11 or so weeks.

Post # 12
76 posts
Worker bee

Washingtonian :  I woke up this morning with no symptoms and it’s making me crazy anxious!! I want to go out and pee on a thousand sticks, or get my blood drawn to confirm! Fx for super sticky babies <3

Post # 13
474 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: November 2018 - City Hall

busybee86 :  We have the same estimated due date and we  revealed our BFPs to our partners in the same way! What a fun coincidence. 

Post # 14
1508 posts
Bumble bee

Washingtonian :  Mild nausea kicked in for me this morning and I’ve been feeling so tired! It’s still so early for me, I’m only 3+4 so not sure if it’s pregnancy related or just regular ol’ progesterone. My boobs are sore on and off, more my right than my left! I’ve had early 2 losses so I’m hoping more symptoms kick in soon. Kind of anxious to just pee on a stick every 2 days now to make sure it’s getting darker, since I can’t get my betas until next week!

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors