January 2020 Babies!

posted 5 months ago in Pregnancy
Post # 18
621 posts
Busy bee

Anyone else feeling a little more emotional than normal? Asking for a friend… πŸ˜…

Post # 19
76 posts
Worker bee

stillnothing :  Welled up this morning when I witnessed a stranger silently step in and guide a blind man through the turnstyles at the train. :S So yes, I think so. 

Post # 20
621 posts
Busy bee

busybee86 :  aww that’s so sweet. I would have cried. Hah

Today was a very busy/stressful day at work and I managed to cry on two separate occasions because I was overwhelmed. Thankfully I work from home and there are no witnesses. 

Hopefully this doesn’t last long… I’m a really ugly cryer 

Post # 21
76 posts
Worker bee

stillnothing :  Aww no! That sucks, good thing you work from home! πŸ˜› I’m bracing myself for (hopefully!) another nine months of spontaneous tears and crazy hormones!

Post # 22
621 posts
Busy bee

busybee86 :  yes! I suppose I should accept it and embrace it as well 🀞

Post # 23
2509 posts
Sugar bee

How old are you and DH? 34/30

How far along are you? 3 weeks + 5 days

Estimated Due Date? 1/11/2020

What baby # is this? #1

How many cycles trying? 1 – we ideally wanted a Spring birth date, but started TTC early b/c we thought it would take a few months! 

When did you get your BFP? 4/29, 9 DPO

Who have you told? 2 of my coworkers, my best friend, and my mom

When do you plan to tell other people? Hopefully, not until I’m very obviously showing. We don’t want his family to know until the last minute because his parents are generally negative people. But we have TWO weddings to go to in August and Sept, so will likely have to announce to friends/DH’s family around then, if I’m showing.

How did you tell your partner? I placed a baby book I’d secretly bought on our recent vacation (on which we conceived) in a box with the positive test, then set up my phone to record in the living room, called him in to “give him a present I bought him on vacation” and gave him the box. It’s fun to have a video. πŸ™‚

Any symptoms? None yet, other than bloating. I had to fully unbutton and unzip my jeans today after lunch. And it was a small lunch! REALLY hope I can be one of those women who don’t have symptoms!

What are you most excited about? To finally get to experience what pregnancy is like, to set up a nursery, to see how Darling Husband treats my growing belly, to see him be a dad.

When is your first appointment? I had one scheduled for this morning but had to cancel it because we had a last minute important meeting at work. I’ll have to reschedule. 

When are you planning on finding out the sex? Whenever we can. I think some providers will do that at the 16 week point, but others prefer to wait til 20 weeks. I don’t think we’re in any rush. I prefered to not know at all, but Darling Husband wants to know, so we’ll find out at some point. 

Post # 24
95 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: August 2018

So excited to be joining this board!

Roll Call

How old are you and DH? just turned 30/34

How far along are you? 3w6d

Estimated Due Date? Jan 11, 2020

What baby # is this? 1

How many cycles trying? 1

When did you get your BFP? Today, at 12DPO

Who have you told? Just hubby so far. Planning on telling immediate family on the weekend

When do you plan to tell other people? Not sure yet…I work in a very small, female-oriented department so I feel like they’ll guess pretty early on. I’ll tell my close friends in a week or so

How did you tell your partner?
I printed his hockey team’s logo and his name/number on a onesie, and put it in between clean shirts in the laundry basket. Then I asked him to help me put the laundry away!

Any symptoms?
Some cramps/pinches/weird sensations. Anything else (fatigue, hunger) I’m pretty sure is just me at baseline πŸ˜›

What are you most excited about?
Seeing Darling Husband as a dad (he’s an awesome uncle!), seeing my family’s reaction, growing a hopefully healthy bean!

When is your first appointment? Not sure yet; I’ll call the community birthing centre tomorrow (midwife/doc/doula clinic)

When are you planning on finding out the sex? I’m going to do the NIPT, so around 10 weeks or so.

Post # 25
474 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: November 2018 - City Hall

Got my blood drawn on Tuesday and again on Thursday. First one hCG was at 250… The second at 600. I am 4 weeks. HCG has doubled in 48hrs so we are very pleased! Doctor wants to do check up again at the end of next week πŸ™‚

Post # 27
2489 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: August 2015

How old are you and DH? I am 28 and Darling Husband is 31

How far along are you? 3.3 or 3.4 I think… I wasn’t charting or anything so could be off by a few days

Estimated Due Date? 1/14/2020

What baby # is this? 1

How many cycles trying? 2… Although we were more NTNP than TTC. I was actually aiming for a Spring or Summer baby… oh well!

When did you get your BFP? Wednesday was a super squinter, then yesterday was definitely positive! Took a digital one today that clearly spells out “pregnant” because I’m still in disbelief!

Who have you told? Just one coworker/friend who also is recently pregnant… going to tell Darling Husband tonight after our friends leave that he invited over (bad timing!) or tomorrow

When do you plan to tell other people? Haven’t really decided

How did you tell your partner? I bought a box and put inside a positive digital pregnancy test (no interpretation needed by him), a pair of baby shoes, The Expectant Father book, and a handwritten note that I wrote… can’t wait to see his reaction when he opens it!

Any symptoms? Cramping and feeling unusually hot

What are you most excited about? Telling my husband… and having my first appointment to just confirm that things are going well so far. I’m trying not to get too excited until then

When is your first appointment? Didn’t schedule it yet. I’ll probably call on Monday

When are you planning on finding out the sex? Probably our 20 week scan… not sure if I want to do NIPT since I’m not high risk

Post # 29
95 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: August 2018

Would love to the Facebook group! I’ll pm you Washingtonian :  

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors