January 2020 Babies!

posted 5 months ago in Pregnancy
Post # 61
51 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: April 2018

Washingtonian :  you’re so lucky you get to see the heartbeat next week! I’m in 2 minds about whether to pay for an early scan or not (had a mmc about 8 years ago and this is first pregnancy since) because I will otherwise only get a 12 and 20 week scan. Ahh don’t know what to do!

Post # 62
858 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: January 2010

hopfenn :  thank-you! This is a bit surreal isn’t it?

Washingtonian :  heartbeat awwww keep us updated!!

we are going for a long weekend with my in-laws (we are really close) this weekend. There will be drinking and everyone will notice if I don’t have a wine….I’m thinking we may as well just tell them, I don’t think I can hang on 12 weeks. I am a terrible lier…they will know somethings Up regardless.  Also totally agree that it’s better to have support if a loss happened.

diamonddaisy :  I would pay for that scan if I were you, it will be worth putting your mind at ease.

ps took this today and am starting to believe it!!! 

Post # 63
621 posts
Busy bee

We keep telling people too… We told a couple we are close with who are about 12 weeks pregnant right now. I told my best friend and my Darling Husband is planning on telling his brother. Then hopefully we can keep it quite until after the first appointment. 

swissbride :  I took a test this morning too! IDK why I can’t stop!!! I bought a 25 pack of cheapies and I figure I mind as well use them.

Post # 64
474 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: November 2018 - City Hall

This week I’ve been experiencing minor spotting here and there. Nothing much really and not all the time, never enough to even wear a panty liner. (TMI coming) Pink discharge, tiny blood spot or clot (size of a needle head), beige/light brown discharge, and tiny traces of blood in my discharge here and there (if I wasn’t looking for it I probably wouldn’t even notice). My discharge was white around my BFP, now it’s yellowish, and there’s much less of it. Then I thought I was getting a UTI after some painful urination and abdominal pain last night. 

So I went to the doctor to get it checked and they decided to check on LO at the same time. They said that a little bleeding is normal as the baby is making the uterus into its home, that I should only worry if I experience heavier bleeding (like a period). They still did an ultrasound right away to check how things are looking. 

I’m only 5w1d so there’s not much to see. But she saw the gestational sac in my uterus, and within that she saw the yolk sac where our little apple seed is growing ☺️ 

She said she can’t see a baby yet (too early), but everything is looking good and she’s very confident there’s a little one growing in there. 

So next time I see a little tinge of blood, I won’t let it worry me as much. 

I have a picture. Not the best quality as their machine was on the older side, but here she/he is. The yolk sac is barely distinguishable at the bottom of the darker gestational sac, but there it is! I got to see it much more clearly on the screen and I was so relieved. 

Even though it’s too early to see a baby or a heartbeat, it feels really good knowing that everything is progressing normally (and in the right place).

Now I’m looking forward to the next betas and ultrasound.

Baby glue to all!

Post # 65
13577 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 1999

How old are you and DH? 31/34

How far along are you? 5 weeks 🙂

Estimated Due Date? 1/6/20

What baby # is this? 1

How many cycles trying? 12

When did you get your BFP? last week!

Who have you told? Both sets of parents, my sister

When do you plan to tell other people? Not until after the first trimester

How did you tell your partner? I woke him up after taking the test and asked him to see if he thought there were two lines because I couldn’t tell.  It was so unromatic and unexciting, but exciting at the same time.  We got to be confused about the results together (until I took the digital test 20 minutes later with the same results!)

Any symptoms? Just a little more tired than normal, but nothign bad yet!

What are you most excited about? everything

When is your first appointment? three weeks

When are you planning on finding out the sex? Debating – likely at the 20 week scan, but I’m not sure I want to know.

Post # 67
474 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: November 2018 - City Hall

Washingtonian :  I totally get how unsettling it is to see any amount of blood down there. I had a little more pink/brown discharge today, but trying to stay cool as the doctor said.

Waiting to see a doctor can be difficult. But if you get any heavy bleeding, I definitely wouldn’t wait. 

Hoping everything will be fine with your little one :)FX

Post # 68
71 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: July 2014

How old are you and DH? 28 & 30

How far along are you? Right around 4 weeks 

Estimated Due Date? 1/17/20

What baby # is this? 3

How many cycles trying? 0…surprise!

When did you get your BFP? This morning 

Who have you told? Just hubby 

When do you plan to tell other people? Not sure, a few weeks at least 

How did you tell your partner? “I’m pretty sure I’m pregnant again” 

Any symptoms? Not yet. I had very little symptoms with either of my other pregnancies, hoping for the same this time too  

What are you most excited about? This is our last baby so I’m excited and sad to be going though this process for the final time  

When is your first appointment? It will be around 8 weeks. Haven’t scheduled anything yet.

When are you planning on finding out the sex? We’ll see. We will find out but not sure what our plan is yet. 

Congrats to all you lovely mamas! I’m in two other bee groups for my daughters and it’s been such a wonderful way to connect. And the smaller group sizes are so much nicer than the mass birth month groups out there. 

Post # 69
102 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: September 2018

How old are you and DH? I turned 28 a few days ago and hubby is 32

How far along are you? 3 weeks 4 days

Estimated Due Date? Jan 21

What baby # is this? 1

How many cycles trying? 9

When did you get your BFP? This morning

Who have you told? My husband, and 3 besties who know what I’ve been going through

When do you plan to tell other people? I think I’m going to wait until Father’s Day to tell our immediate families and everyone else at 12w

How did you tell your partner? I just had the test on the counter and he’s like “is this for real this time?” (I’ve had 2 CPs) but I have a good feeling this time so trying to stay positive 

Any symptoms? I’ve been peeing a lot and I have cramps and I’m hungrier than I normally am

What are you most excited about? Everything, I’ve wanted this for so long

When is your first appointment? I’ll have to book it but it’s gonna be at 8 weeks

When are you planning on finding out the sex? Not sure if we are going to even find out. Husband is undecided  

Post # 71
102 posts
Blushing bee

hopfenn :  thanks! I feel like you’ve been on every monthly POAS board with me since I started ttc so I’m excited for us both that we got our BFP. Even though I’ve taken 4 tests and they all came back BFP, I think I’ll be able to believe it once I officially miss my period (which is due tomorrow) 

Post # 73
1472 posts
Bumble bee

mysterygal101 :  Hahah yeah it’s kind of surreal! My period is a week late now and I still don’t fully believe it 😛 

Post # 74
102 posts
Blushing bee

hopfenn :  definitely surreal! I mean the symptoms help to make me realize this is real but still can’t believe it.  I’ve got the worse headache though since yesterday and litterally need to pee every 5  minutes haha

Post # 75
705 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2016

How old are you and DH? I am 30 and he 33

How far along are you? Just past 5 weeks

Estimated Due Date? 1/10/20

What baby # is this? 1

How many cycles trying? 2

When did you get your BFP? Yesterday on mother’s day after two negatives early on

Who have you told? Husband, my uncle who’s like my brother, and my instagram best friend lol

When do you plan to tell other people? After first appointment in a few weeks.

How did you tell your partner? Took one fully expecting another negative, I tested too early or my cheapies sucked. Anyways had a digital and freaked the f out yelling for him and bawled.

Any symptoms? Light cramping.

What are you most excited about? Finally having a baby I’ve wanted for years but had to put off. We’re currently buying a new home(if we can find one lol) so I am excited to set up a nursery.

When is your first appointment? June 6th

When are you planning on finding out the sex? ASAP, I want a girl lol 

So excited to be back here. 

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors