January 2020 POAS

posted 2 years ago in TTC
Post # 632
506 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: December 2017 - City, State

View original reply
Optometrylove :  such a clear line on that FRER! Congrats!!! I’m so excited for you. πŸ™‚

Post # 633
245 posts
Helper bee

Count me out this month πŸ™ 

Just been to the toilet at work at my period has started πŸ™ 

Gutted because I am 3 days late and really got my hopes up. Even asked DH to buy a pregnancy test on his way home. (I’ve been putting off testing early to save money on tests) haha. 

Congrats to the bees who are pregnant!! Hopefully won’t be seeing many of you next month and fingers crossed you all move into the pregnancy boards. 

Post # 634
1272 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2013

View original reply
Optometrylove :  YESSSSS, oh my goodness I’m SO excited for you!!! Praying that this is your little rainbow!!! ❀️

Post # 635
136 posts
Blushing bee

ROLL CALL

Your age/partner’s age: 25/28 in 2020

Baby #: 1

Current Cycle Day/DPO: 7DPO

Ovulation Date: Jan 3rd

POAS Date: 15/01

Usual Cycle Length: 29 days

Cycles Trying: 2

BFP Plan (BD timing, charting, prenatals, supplements, etc.): BD timing, prenatal, OPKs, fertility lube, Clue app for tracking

Trying anything new this month? Nope, other than trying to minimize stress hence only joining the thread so late this time… 

Link to your chart if charting: N/A

For fun: What’s your favorite winter activity? Skating

Post # 636
1956 posts
Buzzing bee

View original reply
Optometrylove :  OMG!! What GORGEOUS lines! CONGRATULATIONS!!! I’m SO happy for you!!!

Post # 637
1902 posts
Buzzing bee

@Jazzylove : Thank you, it’s tough to feel those cramps again and know that again, it’s on to the next.  But onwards and upwards, right? πŸ™‚ 

View original reply
londongirl1988 :  I’m so sorry – I know how tough that is.  I use my “first half of cycle” two weeks to work out as hard as I want, drink lots of coffee, and alcohol if I want it.  That’s my silver lining. πŸ™‚

Even though I’m out this month, I feel SO EXCITED for all you lovely mamas who have BFPs!  So thrilled for you, and you give me hope that it’s possible too!! 

Post # 638
3682 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: July 2018

View original reply
Didi6 :  just FYI I changed my Poas date to tomorrow (the 11th) because of my wonky long cycles this  

Post # 639
399 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2016

View original reply
stellate23 :  
View original reply
Cote1590 :  
View original reply
hopfenn :  thank you ladies! The nerves have definitely set in but I’m just trying to take it one day at a time

Post # 640
400 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2018

Ugh! Guys! My mother knows way too much…. I’m her first born and my only other sister is still in high school so she has no grandkids and she’s been waiting for us to start trying… we told her last year that it would probably be this year and she was here visiting two weeks ago and asked how trying was going and i was very honest with her and said it’s going to be a bit challenging and i explained what AMH test is and that mine is under 1.0- she asked me what they do about that and I told her my doctor had prescribed some medications. I did not tell her what ones…. she called me an hour ago and asked how the clomid is going…. I was caught off guard and said it’s going fine and she asked what CD i was on… 😳…. and then she looked at a calendar and calculated when I need to POAS and when the due date would be. I want to get excited with her and I love that she’s into this stuff but i don’t want to get her hopes up…. what the heck do I do now??

Post # 641
1902 posts
Buzzing bee

View original reply
NewlywedinRVA :  Oh man.  I feel your pain on this, as I have a Mother-In-Law who’s way too involved…

I would just try to be as graceful as you can and let her know that given that it’s been a bumpy road, you’ll be sure she’s the first to know when there’s something TO know. Until then, she needs to give you the space and privacy to get to know your OWN BODY which is a highly personal thing.  I would just let her know that you KNOW she’s excited for grandchildren but that discussions regarding the TTC journey are best kept between you and your husband for now, because there are so many intricacies and personal details that are just uncomfortable discussing with others.

Before we were married, I had my future Father-In-Law ask if he could send me any articles he managed to find about optimizing conception.  Um.

It’s hard because you don’t want to squash her excitement, but it’s stressful enough keeping up with it yourself.  You don’t need an audience.  So sorry, bee. πŸ™

Post # 642
400 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2018

View original reply
krm1984 :  such good advice, thank you! Ugh! I would die if my father in law started talking to me about conception…. I am a pale redhead so I would instantly turn bright red and wouldn’t be able to hide my embarrassment. Yeah my mom was on TTC journey with me that took her four years so I didn’t give her much credit but she probably is all too familiar with what I’m going through- she had horrible endometriosis and needed two surgeries before she was able to get pregnant. I just need her advice on a need-to-know basis 

Post # 643
343 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

I think I’m out too ladies. I took another test this morning and it was so negative there wasn’t even an evap for me to obsess over. Oh well – I was really hoping for an October baby anyway. 

Post # 644
38 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: June 2015

Fertility Friend says my next period is due 1/31 so I’m filling another out!

ROLL CALL

Your age/partner’s age: 28/30

Baby #: 2

Current Cycle Day/DPO: CD4

Ovulation Date: Unknown. I temped last cycle and it doesn’t look like I ovulated. 

POAS Date: 1/31

Usual Cycle Length: 22-24 days

Cycles Trying: This will be #2 (last cycle was kind of a wash though)

BFP Plan (BD timing, charting, prenatals, supplements, etc.): Prenatals, OPK’s and temping.

Trying anything new this month? I bought a new BBT that is being delivered today to temp with but other than that, no. My temps were all over the place last month so I’m hoping my BBT was just old and wonky and not that I’m not ovulating.

Post # 645
820 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2015

NewlywedinRVA :  I would tell her that it’s been a hard road for you and every time you calculate a due date or a POAS date it leads you up for disappointment and would rather not get yourself worked up, and you don’t want her to do the same. Tell her you wait for your period and try to ignore the dates once ovulation has passed so you prefer not to talk about it. Then if she later asks about your period or when you ovulate just tell her you don’t wanna talk about it. Tell her it’s too hard of a topic to keep bringing up and you need her to keep your mind off of things. Make it sound like it’s her job to keep you distracted and she’ll feel like she’s helping?

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors