January 2020 POAS

posted 2 months ago in TTC
Post # 751
634 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2016

This is such a disapointing fertile week. I’m supposed to love FW, and instead i’m sitting her coughing my lungs out and feeling craptastic. BD is basically a chore, and i’ve heard if you’re sick (no fever just a bad cough) that this can affect your chances. So really, is there any point? I’m super disapointed. 

Post # 752
1214 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2014

Well, I’m quite sure I’m about to roll over to cycle 7. Passing the 6 month mark feels like a super bummer of a milestone. And it’s got me thinking, that it is SO DUMB that infertility under age 35 is defined as TTC for 12 months with no success and after age 35 is for 6 months with no success. What this really says to me is that if you have excellent timing for 6 months and don’t score, INSURANCE SHOULD ALLOW YOU TO BE CONSIDERED FOR TREATMENT NO MATTER YOUR AGE. I’m 31 and time (and apparently a good egg reserve) are on my side luckily, but I still think 12 months is just a really long time to be on this rollercoaster before insurance gives a CRAP. Especially since we suspect my husband’s abnormal sperm are the problem it’s just so hard to get my mind around the idea of continuing like this for 6 more months with probably very little hope during that time.  

Post # 753
1899 posts
Buzzing bee

Jazzylove :  I wonder if the fact that you guys know your husband has a bit of a sperm problem would help your case with insurance? Can you call to ask?

Post # 754
64 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: May 2019

Jazzylove :  I don’t have any advice but just wanted to let you know I share your frustrations. I’m the same age and cycle and the thought of going through 6 more months of trying when you know you are already doing everything right and getting nowhere is hard to swallow. I KNOW something has changed since our loss because my cycles have been a mess. At 35 they’d investigate but at 31 I just have to wait it out….

Post # 755
292 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

ROLL CALL

Your age/partner’s age: Just turned 30, husband is 31

Baby #: 3

Current Cycle Day/DPO: 3 DPO

Ovulation Date:  January 10

POAS Date: I plan on testing early on January 23rd

Usual Cycle Length: 26ish days

Cycles Trying: 1

BFP Plan: SMEP and that’s pretty much it haha I’ve been temping and using the fertility friend app as well.

Trying anything new this month? Nope. My husband works out of town during the week so I was just happy we got good timing in for BDing.

Link to your chart if charting:

For fun: What’s your favorite winter activity? I’m in Australia and my area doesn’t have winter really, but I do like that I can open up the windows and air the house out without my skin melting off!

Post # 756
88 posts
Worker bee

We are out of town at the moment so the only tests I have are the ones I brought with me, all of which have a 25miu/ml threshold (as opposed to FRERs 6.5-12.5miu/ml threshold). I’m also only 12dpo today with period only due in 2 days. So, tell me ladies, do you see it too?? Husband says he sees it but doesn’t quite get why it’s so faint, though I have tried to explain. I think, right now at least, I’m pregnant! 

Post # 758
540 posts
Busy bee

omgttc :  I see it! Congratulations 🎈 bee!! 

anyone else in the thick of the fertile week?? I was going to try tempting but with a 12 mo old, it’s hard to remember. So, I’m going off FLO ap prediction and OPK. I haven’t gotten a positive yet, but hubs is down for BDing.. haha 🤣 but I’m feeling meh! Supposedly I O tomorrow but all the OPK are clearly negative. Maybe I’ll get the surge tomorrow or next day. We’ll see. Anyways, we’ve BD Sat/Sun/today.. he’s down in continue. 🤣 

Post # 759
88 posts
Worker bee

Didi6 :   smashleykat :  Thank you so much ladies! I actually can’t quite believe it yet! I already had an appointment with my gyne set up for next week, so I will ask them to run betas then. Hopefully I’ll have a nice dark line to show them by then.

What’s the earliest that you have gotten a “Pregnant” result on a CB digital, bees? 

Post # 760
375 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: December 2017 - City, State

AstonMartin :  Feel better soon!!

Jazzylove :  I agree; it’s so frustrating to have this hard cutoff between age 34 and age 35 where the 6-12 months period suddenly jumps from “normal” to “infertile”?? I was really surprised when my gyno ordered us a SA on cycle 9 (I’m age 32), without me having to put up a fight. Hopefully there is something that can be done soon to help you guys move forward. It sucks that you would have to just keep on trying while knowing about the abnormal sperm.

omgttc :  I see it; FX for darkening lines and good betas!! The CB digital with weeks estimator claims to read as low as 10 miu/ml (for 1-2 weeks post-ovulation), then says 2-3 weeks if HCG exceeds 153, and 3+ weeks if HCG is over 2753. Not sure about the other CB digital versions. FX!

Post # 761
88 posts
Worker bee

stellate23 :  Thanks so much for the insights. Think I’ll pick up a CBD with weeks indicator later then and save it for day after period is due to avoid a false negative 😀 I still have normal cheapies for 13 and 14dpo 😀 

Post # 762
375 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: December 2017 - City, State

omgttc :  Sounds like a plan! The 10 miu/ml (as stated in their brochure) always seemed too good to be true for a digital, so I would be curious to hear how reliable it is for early pregnancy.

Post # 764
17 posts
Newbee

Help calm me down guys! Or tell me if this is something I really need to be worried about. I got my first faint positive at 10 DPO. I posted it on here and you guys saw it as well. I took that test in the evening. Now here I am at 12 DPO and tested again first thing this morning and the test looks EXACTLY the same as the 10 DPO one. Shouldn’t the line be at least a little darker? It’s not fainter but it’s for sure not any darker. I’m holding out to test one a FRER because it’s my husbands and I six year (dating) anniversary in two days and I wanted to wait till then…Any advice? 

Post # 765
88 posts
Worker bee

Fauna1992 :  If 12DPO is still before your missed period then I wouldn’t worry about that too much yet… If your beta HCG was 10 and it’s doubled to 20 in 48hrs I don’t think your line would progress much yet anyway? But I speak under correction and with no medical background, so the more educated bees here may well correct me. 

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors