JANUARY 2020 POAS – INFERTILITY EDITION (TTC 12+ MONTHS)

posted 1 month ago in TTC
Post # 2
1772 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: August 2017

redroses76 :  thanks for starting 2020! Hopefully this is a good year and we all get BFPs!

ROLL CALL

Your age/partner’s age: 35/42

Baby #: 1

Cycles TTC: 2.5 y

Current CD/DPO: cd5

Usual cycle length: 28 days

Ovulation date or procedure (and what kind): monitored natural cycle for fet attempt. Start daily monitoring on Jan 5th (cd12) until o+1… I tend to not ovulate until cd17-19, so that will be fun.

POAS/Beta day: af due Jan 22.  I highly doubt I’d actually have a lining thick enough to transfer, if we do my dates will change because they’d likely give me progesterone 

Known fertility issues: thin endometrium/unexplained

BFP plan: 

Trying anything new this month?: natural cycle attempt. If my lining still sucks, we will jump right into another medicated attempt without any down regulation. I also have two second opinions coming up (one is booked in March, the other doesn’t have a date yet). 

For Fun – What are your New Year’s resolutions for 2020? Not exactly a new year resolution, but I’ve decided to return to exercise… working out to see if it will help my circulation and thicken my lining. I feel like I’m grasping at straws doing everything that I can. 

Post # 4
3775 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: April 2016 - Manhattan, NY

redroses76 :  Yay! Thanks for getting this started 🙂 I don’t think I’ll officially POAS until 2/1 if everything goes according to our schedule so I’m here for the company! 

Your age/partner’s age: 28/48

Cycles TTC: We were in cycle 6 when we learned my husband had azoospermia. That was a year ago. 

Current CD/DPO: I’m on birth control so that’s out the window. 

Usual cycle length: 28 days

Ovulation date or procedure (and what kind): I start lupron tonight, stims 1/10, and tentatively plan for my egg retrieval to be on 1/20

POAS/Beta day: If I have my fresh 5 day transfer on 1/25 then I will POAS a week later on 2/1. My beta would be two weeks post transfer on 2/8 

Known fertility issues: Male factor – azoospermia. 

BFP plan: IVF/ICSI

Trying anything new this month?: With this being my first round of IVF, a lot is new! It’s a tad overwhelming but I just keep trying to think of the end goal. I could be PUPO this time next month, which feels so unreal since we’ve been waiting so long for this. 

For Fun – What are your New Year’s resolutions for 2020? Literally my only real goal is to get pregnant. Finally. Aside from that, my reading goal is 50 books in 2020. I’m hoping that will include lots of pregnancy and parenting books. I already have a few that I’ve been saving for when I’m finally pregnant. 

Post # 5
3306 posts
Sugar bee

ROLL CALL

Your age/partner’s age: 33/35

Cycles TTC: Almost 3 years

Current CD/DPO: CD47 😂 what a joke!

Usual cycle length: 35+

Ovulation date or procedure (and what kind): hopefully mid to late Jan

POAS/Beta day: 31st

Known fertility issues: PCO, 1 tube, subclinical hypothyroidism, possibly egg quality issues.

BFP plan: femara 

Trying anything new this month?: Kind of. I’m about to start taking provera to bring on AF, and then I’ll be taking femara all in an attempt to line up my fertile window with D.H’s fly-in-fly-out work schedule. It may or may not work!

For Fun – What are your New Year’s resolutions for 2020? I once made a resolution to not make anymore resolutions, so none 😝 I have already been trying to see the positive things in life more over the past few months, because infertility got me into the habit of seeing everything as doom and gloom, so I will continue with those positive vibes into 2020

Post # 6
1772 posts
Buzzing bee

RaccoonKitty :  argh definitely take the provera. I understand wanting to let your hormones do their thing naturally, but your ovaries just don’t like to cooperate :(. Hopefully the Femara works to line up your FW!

ladyvictoria :  how’d the injection go? I couldn’t imagine someone else giving me mine lol. Also, if you put the bevel down the needle hurts less going in.

redroses76 :  good timing! I feel like there are many less “ups” in the journey now, which is actually a little better for the mental health. I’m sure I come across pessimistic on here, but I’ve been dealt a pretty shitty hand of doctors along the way. I’ll have more hope when we get our second opinions for my lining issue!

Post # 7
3775 posts
Honey bee

anev :  We are definitely opposites when it comes to that! I really don’t think I could stick myself unless there were no other choice. My mom, sister and most of my cousins are nurses and our tenant who lives downstairs from us is a doctor, so all of them and my husband would have to fall off the face of the earth before I’d inject myself!

But to answer your question, it went well. My husband did an amazing job, almost to the point where I think he missed his calling as a nurse! lol I was a nervous wreck but he remained calm and prepped everything, and stuck me like a pro! I squeezed a couple of stress balls since I couldn’t hold his hand. And I may have laugh-cried in his arms afterwards, which I never do, but I was so emotional about the whole thing (thanks, birth control). I felt so silly for being so nervous, but so grateful for my husband being my rock through it all, and so overwhelmed about taking this real first step to hopefully start our family. I’m feeling much better about doing it tonight at the NYE party. Not the kind of shot I’d expect to take at a party, but cheers to a 2020 baby! 

Any fun plans tonight? 

Post # 8
1772 posts
Buzzing bee

I got a call today (unexpectedly since it’s NYE), which booked our second opinion in Toronto for March 16th. We have another second opinion March 9th. This gives me some hope… natural cycle in Jan, then try another hormone fet in Feb and two consults in March! I don’t love the idea of shipping our embryos to Ontario, but if that’s what it takes to find a knowledgeable RE for my condition we will do whatever is necessary

Post # 9
3875 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: October 2015

redroses76 :  

Your age/partner’s age: 29/27

Cycles TTC: Too many to count at this point

Current CD/DPO: 4DPO

Usual cycle length: 29 days

Ovulation date or procedure (and what kind): 12/27 O (currently 4DPO)

POAS/Beta day: Will start the week of 1/6 because I am the worstttttt

Known fertility issues: PCOS, thyroid issues, but honestly: ??? We did all the tests and everything came back clear

BFP plan: Timed intercourse

Trying anything new this month?: Just going au naturale this month. 

For Fun – What are your New Year’s resolutions for 2020? 1) Go to therapy (made an appt today, so check for that already), 2) Read more, 3) Have better structure in completing my book, and 4) Work on being content/at peace with the life I have and stop being sad by what I’m missing – this is 100% baby related. My biggest goal in 2020 is to be content and at peace with my childless life as it is, because it may be all I have and I don’t want to spend my life feeling desperately sad about the situation. 

Post # 10
889 posts
Busy bee

Joining you all again! Hopefully 2020 is our year. I’m on my phone and can’t figure out how to do the question/answer format but I’m 30, Darling Husband is 35, and we’ve been trying for about 15 months (NTNP for a couple of months). My cycles are all over the place thanks to PCOS, which is our only known issue at this point.

As usual, I don’t know when my POA date will be. January 3 will be CD12 and I’ll find out if this round of letrozole worked. I’ve done five rounds (ovulated twice) and haven’t had a great response even at the max dose so I think if this doesn’t do the trick my RE will move onto something new. I have been taking baby aspirin, vitamin D, and fish oil to supplement. 

Best wishes to everyone for a new year filled with happy baby news! 

Post # 11
1772 posts
Buzzing bee

DogsAndWine :  some women have a better response to clomid. Have you tried that yet? (Femara/letrozole has less side effects though)

Post # 12
3775 posts
Honey bee

anev :  That’s great news! It sounds like you have a great plan in place. I hope that things go well for you in the next couple of months, but if not, then I hope that you end up getting some answers with a more knowledgeable doctor. 

Post # 13
3306 posts
Sugar bee

MrsMeowton :  That’s how i felt last year when IVF failed. We’re not doing anymore  cycles and i decided you know what? I’m going to make the most of the life we have NOW, not the one we may or may not have in the future. I needed to start living again instead of feeling like life was passing me by while i was in infertility misery. 

Post # 14
889 posts
Busy bee

anev :  I haven’t tried Clomid. The nurse mentioned it at my last visit so I think that’s the next step if Friday’s appointment shows no progress. 

Post # 15
92 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

I almost don’t want to roll call yet as I’m feeling like I might jinx myself, but here we go!  I’m currently awaiting PGS results (should be early next week) after an IVF freeze-all retrieval last month.  Assuming that any test normal we’ll try for our first FET sometime in mid-late January.

Happy new year everyone!

ROLL CALL

Your age/partner’s age: 36/43

Cycles TTC: Over 3 years on-and-off

Current CD/DPO: Technically CD4, but I just went back on BCP, so, N/A

Usual cycle length: all over the map, 30-150 days

Ovulation date or procedure (and what kind): Hoping for a mid-late January FET assuming I have any usable embryos

POAS/Beta day: TBD, probably near the end of January

Known fertility issues: PCOS, MFI (at least partially varicocele)

BFP plan: IVF/ICSI with PGS/CCS

Trying anything new this month?: Hopefully FET!

For Fun – What are your New Year’s resolutions for 2020? I think I might try to start seeing a therapist.  I’m really struggling to sort through life planning right now as I’m sure many of us are.  Like, am I having a baby and raising a child and all that comes with it?  Or am I going to be a DINK and plan more vacations/hobbies and get another dog and spoil my nieces?  I honestly think I will eventually be content either way, I’m just having problems in this interim unknown period, I feel like it’s just such an extreme fork in the road.

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors