(Closed) JANUARY 2020 POAS – INFERTILITY EDITION (TTC 12+ MONTHS)

posted 2 months ago in TTC
Post # 166
3808 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: April 2016 - Manhattan, NY

wedding2018 :  Thank you! And I agree about anev, bring on the second opinions! 

Post # 167
517 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2017

anev :  Im so sorry your doctor is such an asshat. Its your body, time and money and he really need to listen to you, it infuriates me. I really am hoping TO gives you much better hope, hugs to you!

Post # 168
1844 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: August 2017

heartandstars :  ladyvictoria :  mrsnitti17 :  wedding2018 :  

scootersandwich :  thanks everyone.  I’m not feeling very optimistic about the rest of the cycle and I was really hoping he would add injectable E2 in or something else.  I guess we will see what happens on Friday. About 6 weeks until my first second opinion.

Post # 169
256 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2018

ladyvictoria :  Wonderful news, so excited for you!

anev :  I’m in Toronto, and I realize we’re very fortunate to have so many options here. You’re coming from out of province?

I’m at day 17, and they’re still telling me to take tomorrow off monitoring and come in again on Friday. Last month I ovulated on day 12. Apparently I have three follicles that have been stalled out at 12 mm for several days. My estrogen has now gone up to 300-ish and my lining is all set, but I just don’t seem to be anywhere near ovulating. It’s really worrying and frustrating me, especially as our next cycle will probably be a write-off due to some extended work travel for me. 

I’m getting so burnt out from these early mornings at the clinic. The insides of my elbows pretty much have track marks now from all the blood draws. Just feeling worn down and frustrated. 

Post # 170
5 posts
Newbee

anev :  Sorry to read your latest update… I really hope you get some good news one way or another soon. I know it has to be incredibly frustrating. 

denkyem :  I know how you are feeling. I’m at the same point of feeling burnt out. I’m debating taking a break from monitoring but I feel like I’m too consumed in it to actually enjoy a break. Hope this cycle works out for you. 

I’m out. This was my first cycle on progesterone so I went in for a beta this morning and it was negative. 

Post # 171
4070 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: October 2016

anev :  so sorry to hear about your BS doctor and the news about the lining. Idk if you saw my last post but my RE said my lining was thinner than they wanted for implantation and that was pretty upsetting to hear. I can imagine how you feel. That second opinion can’t come soon enough. Thinking of you. 

Post # 172
1844 posts
Buzzing bee

Cheekie0077 :  oh no ! I didn’t see it, how thin was your lining?? WB keeps eating my posts today

Post # 173
1844 posts
Buzzing bee

denkyem :  I live in NB and there is only one clinic here, with one doctor, who is just an obgyn 😡🤯. Second opinion can’t come soon enough.  Would your doctor consider a trigger shot?? It is very tiring getting up early and going to the clinic every few days.

ellebee116 :  thanks bee. Sorry for your negative beta. It’s frustrating how P cycles generate more hope than normal cycles do.

Post # 174
4070 posts
Honey bee

anev :   I went in for blood work and US on Thurs. and they told me that I had two large follicles on my right ovary so wanted me to trigger that night. The dr did mention that my lining was thin they wanted it to be about an 8 but mine was “just under 6” so that could affect implantation but went in for my first IUI Fri and Sat. 

Post # 175
4070 posts
Honey bee

ellebee116 :  sorry to hear you’re out and also that you’re feeling burnt out from the early mornings, it really sucks and I know the feeling

denkyem :  sorry about the no ovulation; I responded to you a few pages ago that my cycle was really whacky after my MC last year. It’s very possible that that is the reason for the strange cycle. So sorry to hear about your MC, I know how you feel and it sucks 

Post # 176
1844 posts
Buzzing bee

Cheekie0077 :  argh sorry. I know exactly how you feel. FWIW there isn’t a statistical difference in pregnancy rate between 7 mm and 8 mm, so “7” is trending to be the new acceptable low end margin (plus people who are at 7mm often can thicken up to 8 anyway, which is not the same thing as a refractory thin lining).  Pregnancies do happen under 6, but they are just quite uncommon :(. I wonder if they will change their strategy for you next cycle if this one doesn’t work?

Post # 177
903 posts
Busy bee

denkyem :  That’s frustrating. I hope this cycle ends up working out for you. I feel you on the track marks and being burnt out. I bruise really easily too- I hope this is all over by summer because it won’t be as easy to hide my black and blues then!

I’ve been feeling pretty down since I went to a baby shower this past weekend and another guest was talking about how she’s expecting baby #2. It was a tOtAL SuRpRIse! They WereN’T EvEn TryInG!

Ughhh. BUTTTT I went for my HSG test today and passed the oncology ward on my way to my department. Great reminder that life could be wayyyy worse. Today I’m thankful that the HSG is OVER and wasn’t as awful as I’d feared, and everything looks normal, and my insurance covers all of this.  

Post # 178
412 posts
Helper bee

BFN today at 11dpo. I’m feeling okay; I think the worst part is having to break the news to Darling Husband. He is great about it though and always says he’s glad I let him know right away. It’s become just a normal part of our lives now. We are planning to follow up with our RE in the coming weeks. We haven’t been back to see her since my HSG, and want to ask questions and make some sort of a plan. We’re thinking of starting IUI near the end of the year, after it’s been 2 full years that we’ve been trying on our own. I’m conflicted, as I know IUI doesn’t have a high success rate, but I feel like it might be worth giving it a go for a few cycles.

Post # 179
412 posts
Helper bee

DogsAndWine :  It’s great that you’re focussing on gratitude. I’m so glad your HSG went well! Sorry about the baby shower – ugh. I went to a bridal shower during the weekend and all the other ladies were talking about their babies. I’m trying to also focus on all the great things in my life and not be too bitter.

Post # 180
1844 posts
Buzzing bee

I got the best news today! Lining is 7.0-7.3mm! Waiting for the official phone call (once the blood results are in), but it looks like I’m set for a fet on Feb 6th!! This is so surreal, I can’t believe it has actually increased from 5.4 to over 7 in only 3 days 😮. 

The topic ‘JANUARY 2020 POAS – INFERTILITY EDITION (TTC 12+ MONTHS)’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors