(Closed) JANUARY 2020 POAS – INFERTILITY EDITION (TTC 12+ MONTHS)

posted 2 months ago in TTC
Post # 31
100 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

Don’t mind me, just venting here since poor Dh is sick of hearing about it – my PGS results are supposed to take 10-14 days and today is day 9/10, I’m officially starting to go nuts.  I almost wish they had just given me a set date even if it was at the later end so I didn’t have to jump every time my phone makes a noise!

Mrs.LaFountain :   ladyvictoria :   rosabelle :  Love all of these book suggestions, I think I’m going to steal a couple for this weekend to distract myself.

DogsAndWine :  Good luck with your trigger!

Post # 32
3800 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: April 2016 - Manhattan, NY

scootersandwich :  I can’t imagine the wait… There’s so much of it during this process and it seems like each one gets more difficult the further you progress.

I’m trying to focus on the present and just think about how good I have it with my single lupron injection right now. Just a week away from starting stims if everything looks good on Monday. I’m so nervous that my ovaries haven’t been sufficiently suppressed but I’m hoping and praying that they’re quiet. With these menopausal night sweats I’ve been having, there better not be anything going on in there! 

And yes, I think reading can be such a good escape and a great way to pass time when you’re waiting for important phone calls lol Seriously hoping that your embabies are top notch! 

Post # 33
1834 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: August 2017

So my update from my appt this am is that on a natural cycle my lining is 5.1 mm – exactly what it was on my hrt cycle. My blood work looks like I’m close to ovulation so this cycle is likely going to be a bust. I have to go in daily for blood work and scan until they confirm ovulation.

Post # 34
100 posts
Blushing bee

anev :  So sorry, that all has to be so frustrating. I know new data/info is always helpful, but, I’m sure you’re beyond sick of the bad-news data at this point. I’m glad for you that you’ve got the other consults coming soon, hopefully they’ll have better guidance for you!

Post # 35
1834 posts
Buzzing bee

scootersandwich :  in a way I’m pleasantly surprised (I was expecting it to be <5), but of course that comes with more unanswered questions like why my lining is the same on a natural cycle as it was on the full hrt cycle. I assume I will ovulate today or tomorrow, so not a lot of time for it to get thicker and we likely won’t transfer this round.  But then start a hrt without any downregulation to continue this science experiment 🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️. I definitely won’t transfer below 6 mm, and I won’t feel good about it if I’m less than 7 mm. Have you heard your pgs results yet?

Post # 36
1076 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

scootersandwich :  That’s what I’m doing right now. Insurance approved us for six cycles of injectables. I’m gonna call tomorrow what the next steps are.  

Post # 37
4069 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: October 2016

ROLL CALL

Your age/partner’s age: 34/35

Baby #: 1

Cycles TTC: over 20, 1 MC Dec 2019

Current CD/DPO: CD 20 

Usual cycle length: 25-27 days 

Ovulation date or procedure (and what kind): Starting my first IUI this month. 

POAS/Beta day: Jan 9th 

Known fertility issues: endometriosis, chocolate cyst on ovary, possible blocked left tube 

BFP plan: IUI and hopefully it works 

Trying anything new this month?: nope more of the same, prenatal, cut out caffeine, low carb diet, Pom juice 

For Fun – What are your New Year’s resolutions for 2020? Didn’t make any this year which is boring 

.. wish us all lots of luck in 2020

Post # 38
4069 posts
Honey bee

ladyvictoria :  good luck to you Hun hope everything works out for you with IVF! 

Post # 39
4069 posts
Honey bee

anev :  sorry to hear you’re still struggling with your lining. And if things don’t work out of you this month I wish you lots of luck and blessings for your second opinion coming up in only a few months. I agree that you should wait it out if the lining doesn’t get to your ideal number. Thinking of you 

Post # 40
4069 posts
Honey bee

redroses76 :  hi Bee. Couldn’t help but notice you said you think you might have endometriosis. I am unfortunately in the same boat although mine has been confirmed through ultrasound and HSG because of a chocolate cyst on my left ovary and a partially blocked left tube. My AMH level is almost the same as yours as well and although it upset me at first I did hear that it’s not too bad. So sorry to hear about your struggles TTC. I know them all too well. I am here to help with any info you might need or just to vent. I am starting my first IUI cycle this month as long as insurance approves but it is supposed to I’m told. So hopefully this will work out and if not, on to IVF if the three IUIs don’t work. 

Post # 41
4069 posts
Honey bee

scootersandwich :  my fingers and toes are crossed over here for you! Lots of luck! 

Post # 42
4069 posts
Honey bee

DogsAndWine :  good luck to you!!!!! Hope it all goes well 

, keep us updated 

Post # 43
3800 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: April 2016 - Manhattan, NY

Cheekie0077 :  Thank you, I’m hoping that everything looks good tomorrow when I go in for my baseline scan and blood work. I’ll start stims on Friday if so! Best of luck on your POAS day! 

Post # 44
1834 posts
Buzzing bee

Cheekie0077 :  thanks. I don’t assume there will be much change tomorrow, but I’m sure I’ll post an update.  How are you feeling about starting iui? Did you decide that if iui doesn’t work you’ll do ivf before the endo surgery?

Post # 45
100 posts
Blushing bee

anev :  I totally think that is an encouraging sign!  Way better than if you were naturally <5, hopefully this just means you need to find the right cocktail/protocol to get an extra boost.  Out of curiousity, do you remember how thick your lining got during your retrieval cycle?  And, knowing how hard we have to work for these embabies, I completely agree with not wanting to waste them, though I’m sure you are super anxious with how long all of this is taking.

And, aargh, nothing yet on my test results.  My doctors warned me it was probably going to be on the longer end of the lab’s time estimate due to the holidays, hopefully it will be in the next day or two before I pull all my hair out!

The topic ‘JANUARY 2020 POAS – INFERTILITY EDITION (TTC 12+ MONTHS)’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors