(Closed) JANUARY 2020 POAS – INFERTILITY EDITION (TTC 12+ MONTHS)

posted 2 months ago in TTC
Post # 46
105 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

Cheekie0077 :  Thank you!  Good luck with your first IUI! 

Also, does anyone else absoultely hate infertility terminology?  Like, “geriatric pregnancy” and “azoospermia” are about about the meanest sounding terms ever, whereas “chocolate cyst” sounds like a nice tasty dessert, how misleading!  

Post # 48
3817 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: April 2016 - Manhattan, NY

I hope everyone’s week is off to a great start!

My baseline scan went well this morning and my RE suspects that my blood work will be fine, so he’s unofficially given us the green light to proceed with starting stims on Friday! I was so nervous about him finding a cyst or two because I had random cramping on both sides throughout the last couple of weeks. But everything looked great and I have a total of 18 antral follicles. Ish is getting real! 

On a separate note, we ran into a girl I went to grad school with on the way out of my appointment. We both went into the same functional area of our field so our paths have crossed here and there. She looked so surprised to see us, which makes sense because I’ve never seen a familiar face there before aside from the staff. We hugged and she said to reach out if I wanted to talk about things, which I really appreciate and definitely will. It’s nice to not feel like you’re the only people you know IRL going through this!

Post # 49
906 posts
Busy bee

scootersandwich :  Thanks! The shot was absolutely nothing, though I did chicken out last minute and made my husband do it. It was definitely one of those things where thinking about it was worse than just doing it.  

On a related note, I was an absolute raving b!tch today. Seriously the slightest thing set me on edge. Googled it and apparently irritability is a side effect so that explains that! 

Post # 50
1863 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: August 2017

redroses76 :  my poas is Jan 19th. Thanks!

ladyvictoria :  hopefully your blood work is good! Things happen fast now!

DogsAndWine :  haha I missed what you are talking about but I assume hcg trigger??

afm, transfer cycle cancelled yet again. This am at my scan my lining was 3.68 mm and I have ovulated. It’s only cd13! So that speeds things up and at least I don’t have to worry about being in the situation of making a transfer call if my lining got better. God I hope my third try we actually get to transfer an embryo 😬

Post # 51
3817 posts
Honey bee

anev :  Thank you. My blood work was good as well so we’re officially starting stims on Friday. 

Post # 52
254 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2018

ROLL CALL

Your age/partner’s age: 37/39

Baby #: my first

Cycles TTC: 13 approx

Current CD/DPO: 5

Usual cycle length: anywhere from 26-48

Ovulation date or procedure (and what kind): hopefully Jan 18

POAS/Beta day: 31 Jan

Known fertility issues: PCOS

BFP plan: waiting on Darling Husband to send sample off for SA (taking forever to line up his work days with their opening times).

Trying anything new this month?: well first cycle in a while with no Clomid as waiting on SA

For Fun – What are your New Year’s resolutions for 2020? To get out and enjoy our area more and to keep working on loosing weight.

Post # 53
105 posts
Blushing bee

DogsAndWine : Glad it went well! The build up is definitely the worst part. And, lol, I think every new drug I added to my IVF cycle made me crabbier and crabbier, I know how you feel!

anev :  I’m so sorry your lining saga continues, but your mindset is great! On to the next with a little more data, and you don’t have to torment yourself deciding whether to pull the trigger. Really hoping you next cycle has better results.

ladyvictoria :  Yay, glad your baseline went well! I’m sure you’ll do great with the stims, especially since you had the Lupron break-in first.

Post # 54
3817 posts
Honey bee

scootersandwich :  Thank you! I do think that having a head start will help instead of going from 0 to 2 or 3 injections. My LDHCG should be the same sized needle as the Lupron so I’m already used to that, it’s the Gonal F pen that makes me nervous! But I’m sure it’ll be fine and I’ll get used to that one too. 

Post # 55
105 posts
Blushing bee

ladyvictoria :  If it makes you feel any better, I had Follistim vs. Gonal F but I’m pretty sure the needles are almost exactly the same, I thought that was the easiest/least painful injection, could barely feel it!

Post # 56
3817 posts
Honey bee

scootersandwich :  That’s good to know! I guess the pen itself just looks so big and ominous compared to the tiny needles we’ve been using, even though I know it’s just because it’s holding all of the medicine. 

Post # 58
3817 posts
Honey bee

redroses76 :  Sorry to hear about your ovulation this time around! It sounds like you’ve figured out a great plan for moving forward though! I wish you the best in the months to come. 

And thank you, it really does help! 

Post # 59
105 posts
Blushing bee

A million years (16 days) later, I finally got my PGS results back, at least partially.  We have 4 normal embryos!  Our other three all came back inconclusive, which is a bummer (and apparently rare to have that many, yay us undecided), but they’re not totally out of the game either I guess.  Since retesting would require thaw/rebiopsy/refreezing, my doctor suggested just keeping those on ice and working with the other four for now.  

I’m going in for a saline sonogram next week, if I’m clear there we’ll start drugs for transfer prep.  I think that will likely push an FET to the last week of Jan and betas to early Feb, but we’ll see.  At least I finally know I’ll actually have something to put back in! 

Post # 60
254 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2018

scootersandwich :  good news that you finally got results and that they are so positive. Fingers crossed all looks good for you next week and you can start your prep.

The topic ‘JANUARY 2020 POAS – INFERTILITY EDITION (TTC 12+ MONTHS)’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors