JANUARY 2020 POAS – INFERTILITY EDITION (TTC 12+ MONTHS)

posted 1 month ago in TTC
Post # 76
3775 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: April 2016 - Manhattan, NY

rosabelle :  I don’t believe that low to moderate caffeine consumption will make or break my treatment, but I will definitely avoid it post-transfer. I did end up going to David’s Tea but was underwhelmed with their small in-store selection. I left with one tea – Cinnamon Rooibos Chai, and it’s pretty tasty. So I’ll at least have that and maybe some Pink Stork options. I’m just not big on fruity or floral teas. David’s Tea does have a caffeine free Earl Grey Rooibos blend but it’s only available online. I might bite the bullet and order it if I’m lucky enough to get pregnant. 

Post # 77
3775 posts
Honey bee

So I had my blood work this morning after 3 nights on stims and got the call to keep my LDHCG and Lupron at the same dosages but to decrease Gonal F from 225 to 150 and to come back in tomorrow for an ultrasound and blood work. Should I be nervous? The nurse I spoke with last time had me under the impression that I wouldn’t need to come back in so soon (Wednesday or Thursday). 

Post # 78
92 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

ladyvictoria :  I don’t think you need to be nervous at all!  My med doses never really moved, but my Dr continously mentioned they might after every appointment depending how follicle size/count and estrogen levels were tracking.  They’re just trying to customize your protocol to make sure you get the best result possible (and avoid overstimulation).  I would guess if they want to adjust downward your estrogen levels were just higher than they think are optimal for you on day 3/4.  Not sure how your clinic operates, but a few of my scans were back-to-back or shuffled around vs. what they initially estimated.  Sometimes it was because they thought they might want to tweak a med, sometimes it was so my Dr could make sure he was the one on call for my next scan.

Post # 79
1772 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: August 2017

ladyvictoria :  any updates? I agree with scooter, your estrogen was probably higher than the doctor desires which might mean you’ll use less and save some money! I was on the lowest dose of stims (puregon and luveris) and I had 18 mature eggs.

Post # 80
3775 posts
Honey bee

scootersandwich :  Thank you for the reassurance! It turns out that my estrogen level spiked so that’s why they brought me in so soon. My RE has officially nicknamed me his over achiever because we counted 26 follicles this morning, up from 18 at my baseline scan. They are mostly evenly growing between 8-12mm but there are a couple small ones. My lining is thickening up and apparently has the 3 layer pattern that they look for. We’ll see if I have to decrease my Gonal F further tonight when they call this afternoon. I’ll likely be back in Thursday or Friday and have a better idea of my transfer date for next week! I can’t believe that we’re really doing this! It feels surreal almost lol 

I’m a little nervous about being at a higher risk for OHSS but I trust that our RE will take all of the preventative measures that he can. He was great about checking in with how I’m feeling and to let him know of any symptoms that I develop. I don’t really know if there’s anything I can do now to help prevent it but he said to keep up whatever we’re doing since everything looks great. 

anev :  Just posted this update! lol Yes, apparently I’m responding very well. I already have all of my Gonal F in the fridge, not that it cost me much. Maybe I’ll have some left to donate. 

Post # 81
1772 posts
Buzzing bee

redroses76 :  sorry you’re rolling over

afm, just chilling with P at 9dpo. I’ll test on Friday and if bfn I’ll stop P and wait for af since it’s a long shot with a lining of 5.2 mm.  

Post # 82
265 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: December 2017

anev :  hey, I’m your twin this month! I’m also on P and at 9 dpo, blood test Friday. This is my first time using the progesterone supplements and they’re making me feel AWFUL – have you had any problems with them?

Fingers crossed for you!!

Post # 83
1772 posts
Buzzing bee

ttw16 :  I have about 3 different types of P in my “at home pharmacy”. I’m just taking the cheap P supps right now (little balls), but I have endometrin and PIO at home too for my next transfer (if we get to transfer).  I’m not particularly hopeful, our timing was excellent… but with my lining being 5.1 that’s not really great.  As for your question, I feel totally fine on P, maybe a tiny bit bloated. They make me sleep great!

I did hear from my doctor today who just returned from vacation. He agreed to do a combo of estrogen patch and vaginal estrogen from CD2 ๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿ™Œ. He also agreed for me to get an earlier scan before cd12 so we can tweek my meds sooner if I’m not responding. 

I feel optimistic, but I’m also really scared my next transfer will be cancelled.  I want to take time off work if we do transfer, but I don’t want to book it and have the transfer cancelled (which is what happened last time and it was awful). But I don’t want to leave my work high and dry if I peace out (I would take 4 days off after transfer, also I won’t know my exact transfer date until I start pio). Argh, too many unknowns. I never thought the transfer part of ivf would be this hard.

Post # 84
3775 posts
Honey bee

After 5 nights of stims, I am really feeling the bloat! It’s such an odd, full feeling, but I guess I’ve never had this many eggs growing on my ovaries before. I’m hoping to have a better idea of our trigger and retrieval timeline after my appointment tomorrow! Please pray for me! I’ve been so nervous about the anesthesia but now I’m SO ready for them to take these eggs! LOL

Post # 85
92 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

anev :  So glad your Dr is at least being a little more progressive/proactive this transfer cycle, maybe you’ll wear him down yet!

ladyvictoria : Argh, poor girl, I can totally relate.  By the end of my stims I thought my ovaries were going to rip apart/explode, I was so ready to get those eggs out.  So funny, prior to that I don’t know that I’d ever consciously “felt” my ovaries before, then all the sudden they were all I could feel.  You’ll make it though, it will be over before you know it!

Post # 86
3775 posts
Honey bee

scootersandwich :  I swear I feel them when I walk and have to be consciously light on my feet now lol Sorry to hear you were ready to pop! I don’t feel too far off from that and hope that the end is near. We’ll see how everything looks tomorrow! 

Post # 87
814 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2013

HI ladies! I didn’t think I’d be in the January boards but with my wierd 2nd period in a month, i ended up O’ing yesterday (it was my birthday too so im hoping I had extra luck). 

ROLL CALL

Your age/partner’s age: 35/34

Baby #: 2

Cycles TTC: I stopped counting but 2 years definitely

Current CD/DPO: CD1

Usual cycle length: 28ish days

Ovulation date or procedure (and what kind): Jan 15

POAS/Beta day: Jan. 27

Known fertility issues: unknown (so annoying)

BFP plan: Charting, timing, OPK’s, prenatals

Trying anything new this month?: NOPE same old same old

For Fun – What are your New Year’s resolutions for 2020? i need to be more active i think!

Post # 88
3775 posts
Honey bee

mrsalexander :  Well that’s exciting! Wishing you all the birthday luck and baby dust ๐Ÿ™‚ Did you do anything special to celebrate? Aside from BD, of course ๐Ÿ˜‰ 

AFM, I had another monitoring appointment this morning. Today they measured 27 follicles with most being 12-13mm and my lining is 8.5mm. They decreased my gonal for tonight and again tomorrow night and I’ll be back in for monitoring on Saturday. Our RE is estimating a retrieval for Tuesday or Wednesday so we’ll see! Tuesday would be ideal since I have Monday off, so I could just stay off without going in at my most bloated point. Or I could just stay home. Who knows. Flexibility is not my biggest strength but is really necessary at this stage in the game. 

Post # 89
1 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: March 2018

Hi all! Hope it’s ok if I join this thread? Starting a follicle tracking cycle with Letrozole this month. Been TTC >12 months when I went for a scan and they seen I may have a hydrosalpinx on the right side – having a lap to clip it too risky as I had major bowel surgery twice when I was a teenager. Plan is to try x4 months and then move to IVF – it’s all a bit of a shock to me at the moment and feel quite down as I’ve been googling hydrosalpinx and all negatives come up. Anyway all I can do is try for the next few months and see. Wishing everyone the very best of luck x

Post # 90
1772 posts
Buzzing bee

Well, 12dpo bfn (it had been at least 3-4 months since I had taken a hpt and it was weird). It was nice to have no spotting on P, but I’ve stopped it today in hopes to get af by Monday, so we can get to our next fet. 

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors