January 2020 POAS – TTC After Loss Edition

posted 6 months ago in TTC
Post # 196
372 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2019

View original reply
zstbee84 :  I’ve had the same concerns about scarring etc but from everything I’ve read it significantly lightens your periods which hasn’t been the case for me. My periods are all over the place compared to before my pregnancy though and so clearly something has changed or not settled back down. Do you mind me asking how you found the hsg? At this point getting pregnant is just the first hurdle. I have a lot of fears about chromosomal issues (whether they are the same of deferent to last time).  Hopefully we’ll start to get some answers and a clearer picture of what’s going on soon.

It’s so difficult having to advocate so hard for your own care and fighting against such a flawed system. I am so grateful for the nhs but I’ve had some seriously questionable care along the way and a lot of dismissive attitudes about my concerns. I really feel for you and the healthcare system you are in. Medical care should be a basic right and you should not have to go through what you do to get there. 

Post # 197
2858 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: July 2018

View original reply
zstbee84 :  I’m sorry about all your insurance tribulations.  It’s bullshit, right?!  I pay a freaking fortune for insurance – we did our taxes last week and last year, between my husband and I, we spent THIRTY THOUSAND DOLLARS on insurance and health care – portions of our premiums, a max out of pocket of $16,000 :(.  And yet when I need an ultrasound to see if my body is going to ovulate or no, it’s not covered.  So frustrating.  I need a new job but my field is just brutal.  I’m in my late 30s with a master’s degree and decades of experience, but I’m still contemplating going back to school to be like, a MRI tech or something.  Grrrr.  Anyway sorry to vent at you lol.  Crossing my fingers that you can get going on the IVF soon <3

Post # 199
2858 posts
Sugar bee

View original reply
zstbee84 :  that’s amazing!!!  Congrats 😀

Post # 200
372 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
zstbee84 :  That’s fantastic news!! I’m so happy for you. That must be a huge weight off your shoulders.

Post # 203
372 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
zstbee84 : it’s one of those things that we have no idea of predicting but it’s seems like there is a lot of panic in certain places. Hopefully it’s all unnecessary and FX there will be no impact for you.

Post # 204
1881 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

View original reply
zstbee84 :  that’s amazing! So excited for you!! What a weight off your shoulders! 

anyone know how long it takes to get SA results back? My husband didn’t remember to ask at the appointment  🙄 and we did it last Friday! 

Post # 205
495 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: December 2017 - City, State

View original reply
zstbee84 :  That’s so great about the coverage!  I hope the next steps go smoothly for you.

View original reply
Equine_Breeder :  Ours were *processed* within 2 days, but we had to wait for them to arrive in the mail 1.5 weeks later.  In the US, I’ve heard of getting a call in ~ a week, or sometimes patients calling the clinic at that time and getting results that way.  FX everything comes back looking good.

View original reply
KittyYogi :  Wow, it is absolutely awful that you are stuck spending that much money on medical expenses.  I can definitely see the appeal of switching fields to have a job with good benefits, but it’s so unfair that you would even need to consider such drastic measures.

Post # 208
2858 posts
Sugar bee

I’m POASing tomorrow and I’m nervous. This is the first time we’ve actually for sure had a shot in months and months!

View original reply
stellate23 :  thank you 💕 It is what it is and we are fortunate that at least we can afford it, although it’s a hardship. Blah. 

Post # 209
2858 posts
Sugar bee

View original reply
Equine_Breeder :  I’d call and ask for sure. I bet they could give them to you over the phone. 

Post # 210
495 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: December 2017 - City, State

View original reply
KittyYogi :  Good luck to you!!!

AFM, I got a BFN today, 10dpiui/10dpo, and am pretty certain this isn’t my cycle. I’m feeling really disappointed and defeated. I have an appointment with the RE late next week to set up for next cycle… which will probably be the same protocol for IUI #2. 

I hope everyone else here has better luck and some happy news to share soon!

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors