January 2020 POAS – TTC After Loss Edition

posted 3 months ago in TTC
Post # 226
1881 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

We got his SA results back. They said it’s so low they recommend IVF. Heartbroken and devastated doesn’t begin to describe. 

concentration: 0.8 million 

motility: 60%

morphology: 2%

total motile: 1 million 

Post # 227
467 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: December 2017 - City, State

mrsw88 :  I’m so sorry to hear about your chemical. 🙁  It’s awful having to go through these milestones without knowing when we’ll get our chance at a take-home rainbow baby.  How are you and Darling Husband holding up, with everything?

KittyYogi :  So many things crossed for you!

I feel you ladies on TTC in the midst of covid. We’ve had so many talks about it and have concerns and hesitations… but we are at least going to “try”. Our IUIs are postponed for the AT LEAST a few months, we’re still TTC for #1, and we’re not getting any younger. Per our RE, our chances on our own are like playing the lottery, but we’re trying to make the best of it… not much else we can do at this point! As for this month, pretty sure I O’d today, so might as well delusionally POAS in ~10 days.

View original reply
Equine_Breeder :  I am so so sorry. That is really shitty news, and just not fair. I hope you and Darling Husband are able to lean on each other. Sending big digital hugs.

Post # 228
185 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: May 2019

View original reply
Equine_Breeder :  I’m so sorry for the news you got. I can’t  imagine how hard that is to process and I’m sure it’s the last thing you were expecting as you’ve conceived before. I don’t have any practical advice but just wanted to say I’m thinking of you and hope that this has atleast given you some answers that mean are able to formulate a plan of next steps, whatever that might be for you.

Heartbreaking truely is the right word for ttc sometimes. 

Post # 229
185 posts
Blushing bee

View original reply
stellate23 :  Thanks girl. I wasn’t optimistic from the start as the lines just weren’t progressing significantly. I think after everything we went through the first time I’m just thankful that if it wasn’t meant to be it was over before it really started. I really hope that doesn’t sound callous, I just couldn’t imagine carrying another baby that had no chance of survival. 

I’m really sorry your IUI has been cancelled. Its so tough to be getting somewhere with treatment to have it all put on hold. I really hope that if you have no luck in the meantime your clinic is atleast back up and running ASAP.

Post # 230
1881 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

I don’t even know what to do at this point. She said she could refer us to a urologist, but I doubt anyone is seeing new patients right now. Idk how to fix this, idk what to do. We can not afford IVF so I feel like that’s it, we’re done. We beat the odds and conceived on our second month trying. And I lost it. 

Post # 231
467 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: December 2017 - City, State

View original reply
mrsw88 :  I can totally understand what you mean.  I’m terrified of another later loss, with all of the extra hope built up and torn apart, the physical toll, etc.  Still, it really sucks and I hope that you and Darling Husband can comfort each other.  And thanks; I’m thankful to be in a country that is taking covid seriously, and that we do have at least *some* chance on our own, even if it is a small one.  Are you still going through the fertility testing process?

View original reply
Equine_Breeder :  Ugh, that’s so hard.  I’ve had similar feelings, wondering how we could have gotten so lucky to conceive right away with a poor SA, but just to lose it and not know if/when we’ll ever hit the jackpot to try for a succesful pregnancy again. I’m sorry you’re going through this. Even if it’s a few months out, it seems worth trying with a urologist. I’m also so angry that you have to deal with the financial inaccessibilty of IVF in the US.  You’re going through a lot; try to take good care of yourself. 

Post # 232
185 posts
Blushing bee

View original reply
stellate23 :  I’m glad you got what I meant. The fear of later loss etc is very real once you’ve experienced it. We are just starting (as in bloodwork today) but I can’t see things continuing as normal for long. We’ll do what we can but be prepared for it to be put on hold. The UK were way behind in our response and we are only in our second day of lockdown. I feel it’s going to be a long road before we return to any form of normalcy. I know it’s so hard to stay optimistic but however small your chances, it happened before, so try not to give up hope. 

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors