January 2020 POAS – TTC After Loss Edition

posted 1 month ago in TTC
Post # 91
64 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: May 2019

stellate23 :  thanks, that’s helpful to know. There does seem to be so much variation in recommendations. I felt really positive after the ultrasound as the tech seemed really optimistic that everything was fine but as I’m ending another cycle (pretty sure I’m out this month) the worry is setting in again. 

Equine_Breeder :  it’s so hard not to focus on those dates and I can completely relate to the hope (or belief even) that you’d atleast be pregnant by your due date. Ours was boxing day and I have no doubt that I will always be thinking of our little one on that day. I’m sorry I don’t have much comfort to offer but just wanted to let you know that I understand how hard those milestones are. I really hope it happens soon for you.

Post # 92
1855 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

stellate23 :  I know right!?! My charts show clear ovulation, we have had good timing every single month since May, we’ve tried every plan and supplement and tip that I know. I just don’t get it!!! I’ve requested an appointment for the SA on the fertility clinics site, we’re just waiting to hear back when it will be scheduled. Hopefully before  this next weekend or so. I don’t know what else to do other than what we’re doing. Maybe go in for a consult to see if they reccommend any sort of additional testing?? I don’t even know anymore. This just feels more and more like it’s never going to happen for us 

Post # 93
375 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: December 2017 - City, State

mrsw88 :  Ugh, such a hard part of each cycle. I still have my fingers crossed for you!

Equine_Breeder :  Yeeeeep. We’re also doing all.the.things and.. nothing yet. Darling Husband has a SA on Friday, so I’m hoping that finally starting testing will point us toward something new to try. I’ve resigned myself to that idea that we’ll probably need some sort of intervention this time… I just wish I knew what it was, so we could get started! For me, even getting an initial consult with my gyno felt really positive, plotting out next steps.. SA, blood tests, HSG, etc.  I hope that you can get that SA soon, and move forward, since you’ve been doing so much already!!

Post # 94
64 posts
Worker bee

I’m out for this month so it’s on to cycle 7 for us. I have my fingers crossed for you all still. 

Post # 95
425 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: November 2018

Thank you for starting this! I saw another thread for recurrent loss and having only had one miscarriage (<i>”only”</i>), didn’t qualify. TTC also doesn’t feel quite the same once you’ve had a loss, so I didn’t participate in the standard POAS thread.

Your age/partner’s age: 35/37

Baby #: 1

Current Cycle Day/DPO: 5dpo

Ovulation Date: 10 Jan 2020

POAS Date: 24 Jan 2020

Usual Cycle Length: 26-27

Cycles Trying and Loss History: 8th all up; 1st after loss. May 2019 BFP which unfortunately resulted in Jul 2019 9w loss. She was a baby girl with normal chromosomes, and the miscarriage happened likely due to my known massive fibroid (15cm). I had a myomectomy to remove the fibroid in Sep 2019 and was instructed to wait at least 4 months before TTC. The delay really didn’t help with recovering from the grief… But here we are, finally back in TTC!

BFP Plan (BD timing, charting, prenatals, supplements, etc.): BBT, OPK

Trying anything new this month? This is our first TTC cycle following our loss and subsequent myomectomy. I have to travel overseas in the late luteal phase so temping will be unreliable.

Link to your chart if charting:

Treatment Plan (if any):

For fun: New Year resolutions

Post # 96
64 posts
Worker bee

happynuts :  I’m so sorry for your loss and everything you’ve had to go through since. I can imagine waiting to try again has been tough. I hope you get your bfp and sticky baby soon and aren’t on here for too long. 

Post # 97
375 posts
Helper bee

mrsw88 :  Sorry you’re rolling over, but FX for cycle 7!

happynuts :  I’m so sorry for the loss of your baby girl. Wow, how awful with the fibroid, and all that you’ve had to go through. I hope it’s an easier journey from here on, now that the surgery is done.

Post # 98
425 posts
Helper bee

mrsw88 : Thank you. I hope we’ll all get to move to baby threads soon!

stellate23 : I knew about the fibroid ahead of our first time TTC, but was under the impression from my OB that falling pregnant with a fibroid was the hard part, and once pregnant most women tend to do okay. I wanted a chance at vaginal birth so I took the risk and tried to get pregnant with it. If I had removed the fibroid first, I’d probably have a similar timeline to now, and I may never have to go through the heartbreak of a miscarriage. Ah, all the “if only”s.

Post # 99
375 posts
Helper bee

happynuts :  It’s so hard dreaming out those alternate paths and wondering about the “if only’s”. It sounds like you made the best decision with the information you had… it’s just not fair when you happen to fall into the minority for whom it doesn’t work out okay. <3  For me, I get stuck on “what if I “took it easier” and didn’t go on all those long bike rides”, and “what if I didn’t go see the chiropractor for the sciatica pain”.  What if, while I was being examined two days before my MC, the doctors had found some sign of problems that could have been addressed with a preventative cerclage? Could I have spared us the pain and be holding our baby, or at least be going through TTC without that cloud of loss? I just keep reminding myself to make the most of the path I’m on, but some days it’s harder than others.

Random tangent: yesterday, almost 9 months after my MC, I got YET ANOTHER NEW BILL for some charge related to my MC/D&E. I was sooo relieved in September because I thought the last bills were finally paid and done with. But nope.. thanks, insurance, for dragging this out!

Post # 100
2550 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: July 2018

mrsw88 :  ugh, sorry girl 🙁 🙁

happynuts :  I’m sorry for your loss and then having to wait on top of it.  I had a MC about 4 months ago and my cycle still hasn’t really regulated, so I am also feeling super frustrated with the wait (especially because I’m 37.5).  Hugs!

stellate23 :  I just got a bill from blood tests from my miscarriage too!  And the fucked up thing is that we had already hit our max out of pocket for the year of SIXTEEN THOUSAND DOLLARS (on my “gold plan”, eyeroll)…. like hell I’m going to pay another freaking cent.  I called them and told them to recode it because clearly it wasn’t billed correctly.

As for me, I just made an appointment with my OB because I’m really starting to get frustrated and concerned about my cycles being so long and unclear if I’m ovulating.  This is day 43!  The miscarriage was almost 4 months ago!  Unfortunately they can’t get me in for almost 2 weeks.  But shit I’ll probably still just be in this long long cycle then anyway.  Har har.

Post # 101
375 posts
Helper bee

KittyYogi :  UGH, $16K OOP is ridiculous!!!! I haaate the US health insurance system. And I’m sorry that your cycle is stillll dragging on… it really sucks that things haven’t gone back to normal yet post-MC. I really hope you don’t have to wait two more whole weeks before this cycle ends..

Post # 102
64 posts
Worker bee

KittyYogi :  thanks… didn’t think we’d get get to cycle 7 but I guess none of us expect to find ourselves here. Although they haven’t been nearly as long as yours, my cycles have been a mess since our loss. This past cycle was the first one that’s felt “normal” (amount and length of bleeding, pain etc). It seems like some people snap straight back physically but obviously not all of us. I hope this cycle doesn’t go on much longer for you and things regulate ASAP.

Post # 103
270 posts
Helper bee

Hi ladies. Well, I held out until today to test. My period was due on Tuesday or Wednesday but I had spotting since Saturday so figured I was out. I took a test today after work and got a BFP. I am really happy but it’s definitely very tempered and cautious. As we all know too well, getting the positive test is the first step but not the last. If you pray, please send prayers that this is a sticky baby. Thank you all for sharing your stories, it makes me feel so much less alone. A friend of mine who has had multiple miscarriages said that this is a club no one wants to be in but a club of the strongest ladies in the world. That’s so true. Praying for all your sticky babies too.

Post # 104
425 posts
Helper bee

pinkandgold88 :  Congrats! Is this our first BFP on the thread? Hoping you have a healthy, happy and uneventful 9 months!

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors