(Closed) January Check In – June 2011 bees

posted 8 years ago in June 2011
Post # 3
98 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

Souliganprincess that’s awesome that you hired a coordinator! That should be such a relief for you. it will definitely make your planning easier.

This month we are playing catch up, lots of things did NOT get done in December so we need to get back on track. We’re doing our invites, first round of pre-cana, finishing touches for our centerpieces, cake-tasting, pick out tuxes, and register!

5 more months! Can’t wait!!

Post # 4
5572 posts
Bee Keeper

It sounds like you ladies are making progress!!!!

We have a lot to get done this month =/ We’re meeting with the caterer tonight, we need to book the DJ (I’m going to email the one we’ve chosen today), we have engagement pictures on the 15th, we need to get save the dates done to send out february 1st and finalize invitations, order the Bridesmaid or Best Man dresses and look at florists! I feel like we’ve made a lot of progress but there’s still so much to do!!

Post # 5
Hostess
11113 posts
Sugar Beekeeper

Bridesmaids are booked in. Our tasting session is booked for the 15th Jan so i’m looking forward to sampling loads of yummy food and wine;) Just got to get on top of finding a DJ. May go to a craft shop and look at what they’ve got to see if it’s possible for me to do my own invites. Plus, getting a ‘proper’ guest list done.

Post # 6
42 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: May 2011

I feel like I have gotten most of the big things done (have been engaged for a loooooong time).

This month we are going to register, continue working on some DIY projects (finish pomaders, do table numbers etc.)

I guess I feel sort of in a lull because all the big stuff is done and I am not sure where to go from here, I am sure I will fill the month with something!

Post # 7
5095 posts
Bee Keeper

My to-do list for December was:

1. Pick a florist – this is number one.
  2. Start working with the friend who’s designing our invitations/discuss initial sketches.
  3. Depending on when my other friend sends it to me, try on the muslin mock-up of my dress and get it sized.
  4. Visit possible rehearsal dinner restaurants with Future In-Laws when they visit at christmas.
  5. Select officiant.

I didn’t to too badly!  We visited florists, and I’m going to call the one I want tomorrow to make sure they’re still free on my date, then send a deposit. I talked to the friend who’s doing the invites, and she’s going to send me a possible design this month.  I got the muslin version of my dress (EEEEE!!!) which I LOVE LOVE LOVE, although it’s a little too tight in the belly (le sigh.) I have to talk to my friend who’s designing it to see if I need to go get it fitted (she’s across the country from me).  We picked a rehearsal dinner restaurant with the FILS, and finally, asked my FI’s best friend to officiate. Whew!!

I’ve also compiled an email list for everyone except ONE holdout. As soon as I get his info, I will email everyone the wedsite address. Oh, and we wrote our ceremony/vows! Yay!

So, for the coming month, I will be continuing work on the dress and invites, and I think that’s probably it for now.  This month is INSANE for me with work, so it’s probably going to be a down time for wedding planning. My next big tasks are to select a hairdresser/makeup artist and to get FI’s ring, but I don’t think I have to hurry on those.

Post # 8
18 posts
Newbee

The things I hope to accomplish this month are:

Save the dates

Caterer Booked

Cake maker booked

DJ booked

and check out some local flower markets for possibly DIY

Post # 9
494 posts
Helper bee

I need to:

Choose a florist

Choose a makeup artist

Reserve chair covers

Find DJ

Post # 10
85 posts
Worker bee

At long last we selected an officiant in December. We DIY’d a photobooth on New Years that was a success so that project is a go. What’s left:

– food tasting

– suit shopping for the boys

– meet with officiant to plan ceremony

– figure out our DIY lighting

– design and print invitation suite, another DIY

– dress arrives this month!!

– handle all those million other details that pop up

Post # 11
56 posts
Worker bee

Have all the big stuff booked.  Then found out my reception place double booked us so I had to find a new one. So now that we are back on track I feel stuck.  Most things I can’t work on until farther down the line or after we meet with the priest.  So for this month I’m just focusing on purchasing all my centerpieces.

Post # 12
43 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: August 2012

This month I need to:

– Book hotel bloc for Out of Town guests

– Book a videographer

– Book a florist

– Pick & order bridesmaids’ dresses

– Pick groom & groomsmens’ attire

– Do our dinner tasting

– Schedule Pre-Cana

Feelin’ the heat! Why didn’t I get more of this stuff done in December? 

Post # 13
Bee
6473 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: June 2011 - Sydney, Australia

We’re looking at honeymoon – then hair & makeup trial, followed by invitation decisions. Phew!

Post # 14
17 posts
Newbee

We need to block the hotels for out of towners

get our save the dates

start looking at flowers, djs. etc.

I need to get moving…sometimes I feel so tired after work I cant get going!!

We already have our officiant, our reception hall, the bm dresses picked out and some ordered already, and I have my Wedding Gown in my posession already.

Pretty good job for someone who got engaged Turkey Day 2010 lol

Post # 15
85 posts
Worker bee

@JBartee2011: That is fast! Finding time for planning and research has been difficult for me too. There’s only so much time in the day.

Post # 16
566 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

This month I want to start addressing invite envelopes (I want to do one or two a day).  I also want to print a sample of my invite and make sure it looks as good on paper as it does on my computer screen.

The topic ‘January Check In – June 2011 bees’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors