(Closed) J.Crew Principessa Gown in Lace & Organza OR White by Vera VW351011

posted 7 years ago in Dress
Post # 3
2084 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: August 1993

Deep breaths! You know that I think you look amazing in the VW and personally, I’m not a fan of the J.Crew one. (I think it might make you look bigger than you actually are?)

I hope the alterations appt went well. Stop looking for dresses! I think dress regret is an inevitable part of the wedding stress too.

Post # 6
2084 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: August 1993

Thank you!! I was totally overwhelmed by it yesterday! Not long to go for you now!

Post # 7
3255 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

@Button: When I was dress-shopping, I really liked the J. Crew Genevieve, which was literally the Principessa just without the lace. The thing that deterred me from getting it was the plunged neckline because I’m flat-chested. 

Here are a few real photos of brides in the laceless version of the gown:

Post # 8
1 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: August 2012

@brideatbeach:  Hello, I am getting married this summer but have two ceremonies and need two dresses.  I love this dress and thought it would help to buy it used to save costs.  Would you be interested in selling your dress and how much would you like for it?

Thanks!!!

Post # 9
26 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: October 2012

I’m actually crazy too!  I first bought the silk principessa gown from JCrew, then returned it and bought lace and organza one…. but since then I have returned it too! haha!

Apparently, I’m a lot more finicky with gowns than I thought I was!  Now, I’m making my own dress… or actually skirt… and I”m going to purchase a top/coctail dress with a bodice that I really like/feel comfortable in!  I don’t know what size you are, but I’m 5’9″ and I got the size two.  It fits really well and it did feel magical, but it wasn’t the dress for me in the end.  The white by vera wang dress you bought is beautiful!!!  I would stick to it if I were you.  In the principessa gown you don’t get the form fitting look AND the website makes it appear as though there is more to the skirt than there actually is…. when I was prancing around in the jcrew lace and organza I noticed that I could see my pink undies!  Too see through!!!

Post # 10
4 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: August 2012

Hi there… Is anyone looking to sell the laceless/Italian silk Principessa gown? Preferably size 8? I’d love you forever! [email protected]

Post # 11
346 posts
Helper bee

im looking for one as well. I have seen it on ebay, oncewed, recycled bride… but all more than I want to spend for an elopement. so, I am thinking I will have dressilyme (sp?) they quoted it at about $200 but its taffetta not silk.

The topic ‘J.Crew Principessa Gown in Lace & Organza OR White by Vera VW351011’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors