(Closed) Jim Hjelm Wedding Dress Style 8962

posted 9 years ago in Dress
Post # 3
7975 posts
Bumble Beekeeper

for all Americans’ reference: 1.54m = 5′ 1/2″

Aussie Girl, I would guess it would look fine – looks like a pretty forgiving silhouette! What’s your build like?

Have you tried on similarly shaped dresses by other designers?

Post # 4
10 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: September 2018

hi

Saw the dress in person and tried it. It is pretty breath taking! i am 5’2 and it sits fine on me .. def try and get your hands on one!

Post # 5
2066 posts
Buzzing bee

Can you post a pic so we all know what you are talking about?

Post # 8
10 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: September 2018

I tried it on and purchased it.  It is fantastic.  The top is really beautiful with the tiny crystals, the bottom is billowy and soft –   looks great when you walk in it.  Like you are floating and the gray ribbon really makes the dress pop!

Post # 9
153 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: October 2009

I tried on a dress like this and it made my legs look very short, (I am 5’4″).  The problem for short people is that sometimes the waist like this dress works and sometimes it doesn’t.  I would avoid anything with a dropped waist, it makes your legs look very short if you are short person.

Post # 12
2342 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: May 2010

Which mermaid dress!?  I’m a huge Jim Hjelm fan!!  I got 8950 and I love it!!!  I saw the dress you like, but I didn’t try it on, but it is beautiful, I just knew I wanted a mermaid style dress!

Post # 13
2342 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: May 2010

I love the initail dress you were considering!!

Post # 14
14186 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2009

That initial dress is GORGEOUS! i love skirts like that. I wonder if being your height, if it would swallow you up a little htough? The skirt looks really full. Then again, i bet the model has crinoline on.

Post # 15
111 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: September 2010

I love both dresses! But I love the 2nd one more! It would be hard to decide on which really – go with the one you ABSOLUTELY LOVE.

Post # 16
4567 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

Love them! Both! Personally, I like the Jim Hjelm alot. It’s so… floaty. But I second that it might overwhelm your tiny frame!

The topic ‘Jim Hjelm Wedding Dress Style 8962’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors