Post # 1
Hi bees, I feel terrible!
Got offer with Company 1. Quite excited about ithe work i would be doing as lots to learn, title bump and good $. But, I am concerned about the work life balance and stress levels. I’ve been told the hours are long and I’m going to be the only women in the area I work – which may mean not much understanding when I have kids in a year or two. Also there are some big gaps in my experience so I may end up being terrible in the job.
Today I interviewed with Company 2. The problem is I like them more and they will take two weeks before making offers. What to do! Company 1 wants me to sign, but I want to consider both.
Think I will fit in better af Compamy 2, and the work is more in line withy experience. There would be a mix of women and men and less stress being in a larger team environment. Some cool travel opportunities may pop up and the place is big on work life balance. But position is lower and probably less $.
What do you recommend?
Post # 2
Tell company two that you have another offer on the table but that you’d really prefer them. But you’d need an offer by x date. If they don’t get you an offer on time then go with company one. And don’t look back.
Post # 3
Didn’t you JUST start a new job? And couldn’t even show up on time?
Job 1 doesn’t sound that great, so I second pps advice to reach out to #2.
Post # 4
Reach out to the other job. My SIL did this and the job she really wanted offered her the job on the spot because they really wanted her and didn’t want to lose her to the other company.
Post # 5
Hi Bees, I did ask about that wiht Company 2. Either I didn’t do that good or they are very structured. They said they want to follow the process so i have to wait two weeks, but they want to “do this quickly.”
Post # 6
You aren’t cut out for long hours. Pass on Company 1.
Post # 7
jellybellynelly : You always come through with the receipts!
Given what I’ve inferred about your work history, pass on job 1 and go for job 2. Best of luck to you.