Joining My May 2017 Bees!

posted 3 years ago in May 2017
Post # 16
10 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: May 2017

We are getting married on May 6, 2017 we’ve decided to wait becuause we wanted to save up (finances), lose weight, and be living in the same area. He lives in Upstate NY and I live in Manhattan. Plus this way we’d have enough time to really research and plan, which I am super OCD about. The search for an affordable venue continues!

Post # 17
87 posts
Worker bee

We just booked for May 13th at our dream venue! We got engaged last month and wanted to leave enough time for leisurely planning and to make sure we got the vendors we knew we wanted. Stuff books up early around here!

Post # 18
451 posts
Helper bee

We got engaged in college and wanted to leave enough time to have the kind of wedding we wanted. It’s already going SO fast though. May 2017 will be here before we know it! We are getting married on the 20th.

Post # 19
14 posts
Newbee

I wanted to wait to finish graduate school. May 28,2017

• This reply was modified 1 year, 8 months ago by  nokia05282017.
Post # 20
6 posts
Newbee

Were waiting so long because we’ve been together for 8 years, so whats the rush? And I’m the kind of person who REALLY stresses about little details (I had tell myself to slow down because I was stressing about not having a coherent idea about what I want the (for lack of a better word) “theme” to be…were getting married on the 20th of May, so im pretty sure i have enough time.

Post # 21
24 posts
Newbee

I am so excited for all the May twins I’m seeing! I’m May 13th 2017 and I’ve booked the venue and bought the dress. Our next thing is getting the deposit for our photographer. May in Oregon is warm/slightly hot but not “time-to-die-in-the-heat” hot. I want the detail to be done before the date hits May. 

I had a son in October and I wanted enough time to really plan. I also want him to walk me down the aisle since my father and I really aren’t that close. 

What’s everyone’s theme?

Post # 22
109 posts
Blushing bee

May 13,2017 here. Havent booked venue so date may change with that but excited.

Post # 23
117 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: June 2017

May 13th 2017…First need to lose Weight! Plus my niece is having a baby this May, so we thought it would be good to wait and at least we will have time to plan and get our finances together. We know the venue and our colors but havent booked anything. I think I may put the deposit down on the venue in the next couple of weeks though to lock it in. My wedding dress was given to me as a present…..

Post # 24
4333 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: San Francisco City Hall

May 6, 2017 here!  We are doing a small, intimate (20 guests) wedding on the beach in FL.

Post # 25
121 posts
Blushing bee

trillium :  I hope your day was full of magic and a memory you will always cherish! I got my edited wedding photos today and can’t stop looking at them!

Post # 27
7 posts
Newbee

chelsy33 :  Thank you! It’s so funny to see how idealistic I was when I first wrote that post… We ended up having a beautiful wedding, however we had 80 guests and it was definitely not a backyard BBQ — we ended up getting a hall (good thing — it poured all day). It was awesome and could not have gone better… Glad your wedding pics turned out well. We got his cousin to take photos. She’s sent us our couple photos, but not those from the wedding yet. Looking forward to it!

Post # 28
7 posts
Newbee

chelsy33 :  Thank you! It’s so funny to see how idealistic I was when I first wrote that post… We ended up having a beautiful wedding, however we had 80 guests and it was definitely not a backyard BBQ — we ended up getting a hall (good thing — it poured all day). It was awesome and could not have gone better… Glad your wedding pics turned out well. We got his cousin to take photos. She’s sent us our couple photos, but not those from the wedding yet. Looking forward to it!

Post # 29
121 posts
Blushing bee

trillium :  I am glad everything worked out for the best! I had a few curveballs thrown my way leading up to travelling, but once we were there everything was perfect! It also rained in Turks and Caicos but we were beyond blessed that it stopped long enough to dry up before the wedding as everything was outdoors, and it did not start back up until about an hour after we wrapped up. I wish you all the best and happiness 🙂

Post # 30
121 posts
Blushing bee

BabyInACorner :  It seemed like such a long wait at the time (I reserved my wedding date September of 2015 :o), but it went by so fast! Kind of sad it’s already come and gone, but it was such an amazing day and I will cherish the memory forever. Now time for me to start scrapbooking! 

Leave a comment

Get our weekly roundup of the best of Weddingbee.
I agree to receive emails from the site. I can withdraw my consent at any time by unsubscribing.

Find Amazing Vendors