(Closed) Jon & Kate + 8 – Last night’s episode

posted 9 years ago in The Lounge
Post # 3
2856 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2009

@MrsBee, I couldn’t agree with you more. My Fiance and I absolutely love the show but we caught on to what they are doing once they brought Emeril in. It would have been nice to see some of the good moments for the 100th episode. I feel like the show has run its course.

Post # 4
256 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2010

It’s definitely losing it’s appeal. For me, it’s mainly because I know their marriage is in trouble. It’s obvious they are not happy and don’t want to be filming together so they bring in all these celebrities to try to make it less awkward and uncomfortable. Just call off the season already!

Post # 5
2476 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2010

I totally agree with you @mrsbee!  I didn’t see last night’s episode, but I saw the one about Kate’s bday.  It’s so strange to see J+K always apart!  That’s not what I wanna see!  I feel so bad for those little kids too… I think carrying on with their reality show is the wrong thing to do at this turning point in their lives!  It’s so awkward to watch…

Post # 6
7082 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: July 2009

I have a friend that comes from their town and is friends with Jon’s brother.  It’s not pretty in their "household" right now…  I’ve never watched the show and only learned of what is going on through my friend.  What a sad situation!  They must feel so trapped 🙁

Post # 7
3979 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: January 2012

I’ve watched bits and pieces of this season… it has definitely lost its appeal. Watching this show hurts my heart. I hurt for the kids, for Jon & Kate.. they have isolated themselves from all their family and friend and now each other. Was this really worth it? 

I think they are delusional to think this show can make it through another 40 episodes. No one wants to watch tv that makes them sad!  Fans that have watched from the beginning can feel how different it is & are over it. The show was never really just about the kids– a huge part of it was the parents working together to raise multiples. Whenever they show flashbacks I’m always like, aww look how Jon & Kate used to really enjoy one another (in interviews)!!

Post # 8
458 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2009

TLC, Food Network, HGTV, DIY Network – they’re all owned by the same parent company.  I think really, they’re trying to use the talent that they already have to help pull J&K along.  I agree with RecessionistaBride – it’s hard to watch the new episodes because it does make people sad.  I always watched because their kids were SO cute, and it was fun to see how the handled the insanity, traveling, etc with so many small kids. 

…I’m not sure if I’ll watch anymore… I think I would have preferred if they had just ended the show at the end of last season.

Post # 9
2205 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2009

I don’t watch anymore for that very reason.  Seeing the kids go on field trips, etc….isn’t what the show was always about…it used to be real life. 

Obviously their real life is in shambles right now and I wish they would have the guts to realize what they’re doing to their family and deal with their problems privately. 

Post # 10
440 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2009

I don’t watch it anymore – not at all interested in the drama and watching a family put on an act for the sake of the show (which I do understand is the basis of their income – that must be tough). They’d probably all be better off not having signed up for another season… it’s very sad all around, and as a child of divorce I really feel for those kids having to go through their parents issues so publicly!

Post # 11
12 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: May 2009

Mrs. Bee I totally watched last night ( I missed the new one but caught the about Kate’s birthday) and the show just seems so forced now. I used to love this show but the interest was seeing normal people raising so many kids. But now Jon and Kate kind of have this hollywood sheen to them that is weird. Plus what husband plans a ski trip during their wife’s birthday. And does it disturb anyone else how TAN Kate has become?

Post # 12
3332 posts
Sugar bee

Mrs. Bee, my sister and I were just talking about this this morning.  It seems that every episode has to have some sort of "hook" now, and celebrity guest appearance.  We were wondering if this trend was being driven by TLC or encouraged by Jon and Kate, maybe in an effort to make the show more interesting/detract from their problems.  Either way, I think it’s less interesting to watch them itneract with celebrities and take fancy vacations.  I liked it when it was just showing the kids and their life.

Post # 13
216 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2009

@soontobewalsh: I totally agree! You could tell last night that Emeril was there as a buffer, to keep Jon and Kate from having to directly interact.  It’s very sad that through the show they and their children have gotten many an abnormal privilege that has now created a golden prison for them.  They can live on much less than they do, and many families do, but they have lost touch with normal fiscal realities.  Multiple children or not, there is a lot of extra income and perks in that situation and it’s a little grotesque at this point. 

Post # 14
74 posts
Worker bee

I didn’t watch the episode yesterday cause it really does seem they are bringing in these celebrities for the show and that is not reality.  I used to watched every episode since the beginning but not now.  I did watch that episode last week when Alexis bit her lip.  She is so cute!  What I enjoyed about the previous episodes were their family outings and how they got ready.  I liked seeing them doing things together even though Jon and Kate always bickered.  Now they do things separately?!?! So sad!!!

Post # 15
90 posts
Worker bee

I completely agree! I’m definitely losing interest. I’ve watched the show from the beginning, and it’s so much different now. I really would have thought that they would do something more special for their 100th show. There’s only so much I can take with the celebrity appearances!! The show has lost its heart. It doesn’t feel genuine anymore.  

The topic ‘Jon & Kate + 8 – Last night’s episode’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors