Post # 1
07/17/2010 Brides… what’s left on your TO DO lists?? It’s coming up SUPER fast. 46 days to be exact!
I find I’m running out of weekends to get stuff done.
Here’s my TO DO list. Hope I’m not forgetting anything.
- Food tasting (approx. 2 months before – Need to get on this ASAP)
- Wedding License and certificate (ASAP)
- Hair Trial(s)
- Pick spot or park for wedding pictures
- Engagement pictures
- Buy “Thank You” Sign for formal pics to use in Thank You cards
- Purchase extra pens for guest book
- Purchase toasting glasses for bride and groom? (not sure if I’m going to bother!
- Talk to DJ and send final song list (June 1st approx.)
- Buy decorations for vehicle?
- Finish making gifts for bridesmaids (can’t be done until after shower and stagette)
- Bathroom Baskets
- Book Honeymoon
- Seating chart (once all reply cards are returned)
- Print place cards
Post # 3
Yay! Same day as me!
2 weeks ago Fiance and I jumped ship on our May 2011 wedding, and are now planning a July 17 wedding!
- Obtain wedding license
- Meet with officiant to go over details of the ceremony
- Hair/make-up trial
- Have groom’s gift engraved
- Buy groom’s suit
- Complete seating chart
- Provide venue with menu selections and guest numbers
- Provide vendors with day-of timeline
Post # 4
OMG. I think the fact that tomorrow is June 1st is really hitting me hard today.. and now this! I (for the first time) feel like I’m running out of time. Eek! I have lots of little things to do and make, but here’s the gist of it:
- Design/Print Ceremony Program
- Finalize music list, put on disk
- Pack wedding day kit
- Pack for honeymoon
- Buy his wedding band
- Finalize wording of ceremony
- Package kid’s kits for reception
- Package bridal party gifts
- Order/Find thank you cards
- Order chairs/tables for rehearsal dinner
- Meet with baker/photographer/venue/florist- finalize details
- Get info on changing health/life insurance
- Get marriage license
- Seating plan
- Bake/package favors (day before)
Post # 5
I’m glad I’m not the only one starting to panic!!
@Jamielee – I JUST bought Thank You cards on the weekend. I bought them from Michael’s. 40 for $16.99 then I used a 40% off coupon so I got them for $10. I had looked at Hallmark and they were REALLY expensive there. 5 for $10 or something crazy!
Post # 6
Yay for date twins!
I have yet to do (it is a LOT):
- Part 2 of our e-pics (we get a free session since it was hella cold for our first one)
- Confirm who will do our reading
- Finalize music for 1st dance, parent/child dances, bouquet/garter, and cake cutting
- Sit down with venue co-ordinator to finalize service details, and make floorplan
- Pack wedding day emergency kit
- Bathroom baskets (was on the list – but BM’s have taken charge of it)
- Wrap bridal party gifts (waiting for last pieces to arrive)
- Hair/makeup trial (booked for 3 days before wedding – cutting it close)
- Spray paint table number frames
- Build wishing trees/ceremony arbors
- Buy pens for wishing tree tags
- Make signs for wish tree, candy buffet
- Make Menu cards for each table
- Finish designing programs, print and assemble
- Make tags for candy buffet jars
- Buy grooms gift
Post # 7
@ Ms mini – what toasts and speeches are you doing? (seems to be different in Canada.)
We’re doing a toast to the bride, and a toast to the groom before dinner.
Then speeches (after dinner) will be my parents, Maid/Matron of Honor, and us thanking everyone. Does the grooms parents usually give a speech at all?
Post # 8
@ Sunshine – we are doing things a little differently, we don’t have any toasts planned, and the speeches are just as people request to do them (so we are giving a thank-you, my parents are giving a speech, his parents are giving a speech, my sisters (BM’s) are giving a speech, and the Groomsmen are giving a speech)
Post # 9
Ohhh okay that sounds fun!
I need to figure out who’s doing speeches besides the ones I’ve told you 🙂
Post # 10
This is what I have left to do:
- Obtain Marriage License
- Make thank you cards
- buy silk flowers for centerpieces
- Finish table cards
- book hair appointment
- print programs
- make bridesmaids gifts
- Make guestbook
- figure out groom’s gift
- send final reception song list to DJ