(Closed) July 17th 2010 girls – 1 month to go!!

posted 7 years ago in July 2010
Post # 3
2111 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: July 2010

I was JUST coming on to make this post!

I’m feeling pretty good about my To Do list too.

Things I am happy to have behind me now:

• Engagement pics (just did them last Sunday)
  • Picked up the wedding license
  • Booked the honeymoon (going to Vegas on July 19th-23rd)
  • Burnt the CD of ceremony music
  • Sent final cheques to DJ and Cake lady. Only things left to pay are the photographer and venue
  • Bought TY cards so I have them ready when we get back from Vegas

Things left to do:

• Hair trial this Friday
  • Food tasting next Tuesday
  • Dressing fittings. Next one is June 25th. Then I should only have 1 more after that
  • Buy the “Thank You” sign to hold in pictures for TY cards
  • Make a CD with “elevator” type music in case there is a delay before the ceremony
  • Bathroom baskets
  • Print Programs (doing this at work)
  • Finish making the BM’s gifts (can’t do this until after the shower and stagette because I’m using pictures from them)
  • Meet with our officiant on July 6th to go over last minute stuff
  • Seating chart

I’m feeling pretty good now. The stuff I have left to do shouldnt take me too long. We have 90% of our RSVP cards in. We have 98 confirmed guests out of 126. Only 7 have said “decline”.

Can’t believe we’re 1 month out!!!

Post # 5
2208 posts
Buzzing bee

I’m totally with Ms.Mini, it feels great that even if I do the bare minimum from here on out, the wedding is going to happen. Kind of comforting.

Post # 6
2111 posts
Buzzing bee

Agreed. A few weeks ago I was panicking because my To Do list was HUGE. But a lot has been done so I feel much better!

We just sent our DJ the list of songs last week. Apparently we have to talk to him on the phone 2 weeks before, just to go over details.

That is cutting it close for hair/makeup trial but at least no one will forget what you want! We did our makeup trial in April and then my hair trial is on Friday. IF I decide I need another trial, I’ll have to find a day to book it.

My shower is this Saturday and my bachelorette party is next Friday.

How busy is everyone the week of the wedding?

Sunday July 11th I have a hair appointment to get highlights

Monday July 12th I’m getting my eyebrows waxed

Wednesday – Give final #’s to the venue and pay for the room and meals

Thursday – Off work! I have a nail appointment and pedicure. That evening we’re spending with our MC to go over last minute details (she lives in Victoria, BC and flying in that afternoon)

Friday – Off work! Anytime after lunch we can go look at the flowers to make sure everything is good. Then decorate the ballroom from 3:00 to 5:00. Rehearsal at 5:00. Dinner at 6:00.

Post # 8
2111 posts
Buzzing bee

Oh no!! I was wondering if you guys were getting the flooding now. It’s all over the  news here (Calgary). Hopefully they get some of it cleaned up before your wedding.

Post # 10
2111 posts
Buzzing bee

@Ms Mini: True about everything being lush and green 🙂

18 days to go!!

The topic ‘July 17th 2010 girls – 1 month to go!!’ is closed to new replies.

Get our weekly roundup of the best of Weddingbee.
I agree to receive emails from the site. I can withdraw my consent at any time by unsubscribing.

Find Amazing Vendors