Post # 1
How are the July 17th girls doing? We are getting excited here – we celebrated our “negative 2-week-iversary” last night with a bottle of champagne (LOL).
We have tracked down pretty much all of the RSVP slackers, and we have to hand over our final numbers to the caterer this week. We had more declines than anticipated, so I am reducing our chair cover and cupcake orders also this week.
I have to get our programs together (I had to nail down ceremony music and reader before printing – done and done) so that is on my things to do list this week as well!
We still have a couple things left:
- Hair and Makeup trial (booked for July 14th)
- Print, and assemble programs
- Assemble tears of joy packets
- Write a note in the attendant/parent thank you cards
- Submit catering numbers
- Final meeting with baker
- Book our rental SUV
- Mock-up candy buffet, buy some non-chocolate candy
- Final hair colours, and hair cuts for me and FH
We got a few things wrapped up over the Canada Day 4-day weekend:
- Finished the ceremony trees
- Tracked down the RSVP slackers
- Wrapped attendant gifts, bought thank you cards
How about you girls?
Post # 3
@Ms Mini: Wahoo!! Fellow July 17th bride!! Can’t believe it’s less than 2 weeks away. After being engaged for about 10 months it seemed so far away and now it’s here! I think if I wrote all my Do Do list items that would be tooo stressful, but the main ones are to lose a couple pounds, tone arms, call our vendors again to go over details, finalize programs, and put table numbers on escort cards. Phew! very excited!!!
Post # 4
Less than 2 weeks! For weeks I’ve felt as though time stood still, and now it’s snuck up on me! Last night I layed awake in bed forEVER thinking about all the little things that I have to get done in 12 days!
We’re hoping for an outdoor ceremony, so our fingers are crossed for great weather!
Post # 5
@Frugal Bride:Me too! I’ve had a couple nights like that in the last few weeks where my mind raced that I have to do this and that. I write them all down during the day, but can’t help my head from racing. Hoping it’s not 12 nights of tossing and turning!!
Post # 6
I can’t believe how close we are! One 1 more weekend until the wedding!!
My To Do list includes…
– Track down last 2 RSVP’s that havent replied
– Last dress fitting is this Friday. I should be able to take my dress home if everything is good.
– Colour my hair and highlights
– Fiance final hair cut
– Meeting with our offiant on Wednesday to go over vows and the ceremony
– Have a phone call with the DJ to go over last minute details
– Ask a friend to videotape the wedding (ceremony, and toasts/speeches at the reception)
– Make a CD to play if the ceremony is delayed
– Email my makeup lady to confirm details
– Finalize the timeline of the reception
– Put together the Day-of Emergency kit
– Give final count to the venue on July 14th (3 days before)
– Print Programs
– Print maps for get together the Sunday after
– Finish making bridesmaids gifts
– Make signs for bathroom baskets
– Seating chart
I’m sure there is more but that’s all on my To Do list right now…