(Closed) July 2010 brides, do you have your dress?

posted 11 years ago in July 2010
Post # 3
197 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: July 2010

i’m 7/31 and i do have my dress.  i bought it in september.  i definitely think you still have some time but to play it safe, i’d aim to have it ordered by end of december.  7 months is still probably do-able.  while you wait to shop, take a look around and get an idea of what your wedding style is so that the shopping is more focused.

Post # 4
546 posts
Busy bee

I don’t have mine yet, i plan to go this saturday and im really nervous. I dont want to get there and have all the dresses I love look awful on me.

Post # 5
420 posts
Helper bee

i just got mine 2 weeks ago!  i figured if i were to order one i should do it by dec/jan.  however i found mine at a sample sale so its already at my house.  happy shopping!

Post # 6
306 posts
Helper bee

I do have mine – I found it the first time I went shopping! I think that as long as you have it by December or so, you should be fine. At least, that was my original plan…

Post # 7
1675 posts
Bumble bee

I’m 7/31 (@marlie, we’re date twins!), and I ordered my dress in early July.  It’s supposed to arrive in December.  I agree with others who say that ordering by th end of December would probably be the best idea, just to play it safe.  I’m sure you could find something later than that if you really needed to though.

@sjones724 — I’m sure you will find something really truly beautiful.  I ended up with a dress that was somewhat different from what I was originally picturing, but I love it to death.  That’s the fun of trying on dresses — you might end up loving something that you never even would have considered otherwise!

Post # 8
10 posts
Newbee

I have my dress, I ended up ordering online since I couldn’t find something I liked. But I am doing weight watchers and I got a corset back so if I do lose weight my dress will be fine.

Post # 9
269 posts
Helper bee

I have not order mine yet either. I was planning on looking some more this past month, but I’ve had a few family emergencies (and spent more time at hospitals then I’d care to admit).

I went to this great bridal shop reccommended by two fellow teachers at my school back in September. The woman that works there picked out a dress for me that looks great, but I thought I needed to keep looking and that I couldn’t buy the first dress I put on. All month I keep looking back at the pictures. I really like the dress, but part of me feels like I should go out and look again. The problem is I just don’t have a lot of time to shop and I’m not really a shopper to begin with.

I think as long as your order within the next month or so, you should have plenty of time for it to come in.

Post # 10
1700 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2010

Yep, I have mine. Well, sort of haha. It’s still at the dress shop until I finish paying for it! Smile

Post # 11
32 posts
Newbee

I have mine too. There were two bridal shops going out of business (this economy!!) and I lucked out at one.  Of course I bought off the rack and it does not need alterations…good thing since the store is defunct.  I think if you’re ordering you should go ahead and do it, but if you can find off the rack, you’ve still got quite a while.

Good luck in your search!!

Post # 12
436 posts
Helper bee

nope, not even close.  hope that makes you feel better!  haha.  I’m giving myself until January before I REALLY start stressing (obviously looking in the meantime)

Post # 13
1060 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2010 - Anela Garden Chapel & Japanese Cultural Center, Honolulu

I have a sample dress, but haven’t made the final dress yet since I’m trying to lose some weight first! I’ll probably start in January or so, hopefully there won’t be too many problems..

Post # 14
373 posts
Helper bee

I have mine, I would not wait too long. I was really surprised mine JUST got in. I ordered July 1st and its in already, was not suppose to get in until Feb-march. I dont know what happened or why it came in early, not that I am complaing at all. But I do know some dresses if they need to be ordered can take over 6mos. Mine was scheduled orig to take 8!

As far as the wanting to loose some weight thing, oh heck ya, I would love to loose more too. I debated with that as well, but like someone else said…CORSET BACK, does wonders and gives room for change in your body weight!

Post # 15
582 posts
Busy bee

i ordered mine a month ago and its not going to be in until april.  The dress takes 6 months to be made, then i need time for alterations. I think it depends on the designer, but you definitly want to give yourself time.

Post # 16
74 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: January 1992

I’m 7/24 bride and I bought my dress in June. I received the dress about a month later so the only rush for us was that we saw the dress go up once in price so we didn’t want it to happen again. Also, my dress has a corset back which I initially didn’t like before trying it on but it leaves you some room for weight fluctuation!

Happy hunting!!

The topic ‘July 2010 brides, do you have your dress?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors