(Closed) July 2010 brides, do you have your dress?

posted 11 years ago in July 2010
Post # 17
2066 posts
Buzzing bee

I’ve found mine, but I’m not ordering it until next week (I want to be as small as possible before I have to order it).

The lady at the dress shop isn’t exaggerating.  If you are ordering a dress, it takes 4-6 months for the dress to come in.  And then you need 4-6 weeks for alterations.  So, yes, you need to order your dress very soon.

If you aren’t ordering a dress and are buying it off the rack, then you don’t have to rush so much.  

Good luck!

Post # 18
228 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2010

Yes, I have mine but I bought it off the rack.  I agree with the other comments.  If you have your heart set on a particular designer find out how much time you need.  Some take as much as 9 months I’ve heard so now’s the time if you’re ordering.

Post # 19
188 posts
Blushing bee

I am so excited! I ordered mine tonight. It is supposed to be in by the end of Feb, so that gives me plenty of time for alterations. I was trying to get as thin as possible, but the dress can always be altered down to fit me. My dress store recommends up to 12 weeks for proper alterations.

Post # 20
1509 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2010

Yes!  I bought mine about a month and a half ago!  I got a Kenneth Pool – I love it!

Post # 21
71 posts
Worker bee

I have mine! I found my dream dress at the shop but couldn’t commit because of the hefty pricetag. I came home and found the same dress on eBay brand-new for $300 less. And in my size too! So I snatched it up. I may need to get a few alterations but I think it’s perfect! It’s also corset-laced in the back so I’m not too worried about fit. 🙂

Post # 23
1509 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2010

Congrats Charm Bracelet!!  It’s exciting isn’t it 🙂

Post # 24
1568 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: March 1996

So many date twins for July 24 – exciting! I haven’t ordered mine yet, though I’ve had in mind since a week after my engagement date the one I want. I tried it on the first shop we went to and fell in love, but figured I should wait and look around some more to be sure. I really want to go back and look again and just order it. I know, it’s getting close; I figure no later than December 1st should be my deadline.

Post # 25
546 posts
Busy bee

I BOUGHT MY DRESS YESTERDAY!! im so excited i love it its Ella by Essence style 5324 =D

Post # 26
461 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2010

im june 26th so not quite july but very close.  i dont have mine but ive been told i should not wait much longer!

Post # 27
269 posts
Helper bee

Bought mine yesterday too! I’m happy to get that checked off the list!

Post # 28
792 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

I think you can lose weight, and still have use the same wedding dress you bought before you lost wieght. They can usually take a dress in if it needs to be. I wouldn’t gain to much weight though, because it’s difficult to make a dress bigger.

Post # 29
137 posts
Blushing bee

I am July 16th and I ordered mine in September and they said it should be in late January-early February, then theres the time for alterations. they told me about 8 months before…but also said that around the holidays production slows down, some factories close, and they said a lot of people tend to get engaged over the holidays which slows production down too. So I would personally try to do it by the end of November. Good luck!!

Post # 30
142 posts
Blushing bee

I have mine too!   I boughtmine it April… It was the first wedding related thing I did and I LOVE it!

Post # 31
732 posts
Busy bee

I got mine back in May!

The topic ‘July 2010 brides, do you have your dress?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors