(Closed) July 2010 brides, do you have your dress?

posted 11 years ago in July 2010
Post # 32
46 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: December 1969

I got my dress this past week and have until JAN to pay for it. The only alterations it needs is a bustle, cleaning, an eyehook added and a hem of about 1″. Hopefully all of that won’t take long.

Post # 33
13 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: October 2020

Nah – your fine. I am getting married in August and have found my dress – but will not order it until January (since I am tying to trim down before ordering it). I was told that is ample time for fittings and such.

Post # 34
31 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: June 2010

Going shopping in January – hope it is not too late.  I guess worse case, I’ll have to find somewhere with a sample sale!

Post # 35
129 posts
Blushing bee

July 3 and I ordered mine November 21!  Can’t wait till it comes in!  Good luck…  I think you’re fine if you haven’t found yours yet, but I’d make January the deadline.

Post # 36
59 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: July 2010

I’m ordering mine sometime in the next week or two.  @meremarty, I wouldn’t be concerned unless it takes you a couple months to find the perfect dress.  Good luck!

Post # 37
31 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: June 2010

@Paz1697  thanks.  The longer I have, the longer it takes me to make decisions.  Since I don’t have long, I’m hoping I’ll decide quickly! 🙂 

Post # 38
4 posts
Wannabee

I’m a July 24th bride and my dress should be here by the end of Feb. for my first fitting. I’m so excited!! Laughing I started shopping early (a little over a year from our date), which turned out to be a good thing because I had a hard time finding something I liked. I ended up ordering my dress in September and I have to wait 5 (long) months for the designer just to make it. From what i’ve heard that’s a lot longer than average, so I think you have plenty of time!

Post # 39
389 posts
Helper bee

yup! bought my dress october 24th….its being made right now!! 🙂

Post # 40
2 posts
Wannabee

I just ordered mine 2 weeks ago, then again I ordered my first one back in June and had a change of heart

Post # 41
151 posts
Blushing bee

@Charm Braclet – We’re date twins!!  I bought my dress back in July ’09 and it just came in!  I would definetly have it orded by the end of the month.

Good luck!!

Post # 42
16 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: July 2009

Got mine last year around august, i tried one dress from maggie sottero vogue royale from a local shop and really like it, it was $1600 yikes, so i went online and found a close out bridal shop in ohio selling one, got mine for $400 brand new!!!

but now im feeling sick with my dress, looking for a new one yikes, any of you brides to be feel this way?

[attachment=614258,79945] [attachment=614258,79946]

Post # 43
216 posts
Helper bee

Yes! Although I put it off as long as I felt comfortable doing so.

Post # 44
422 posts
Helper bee

Yes, I have mine. I bought it in May of last year!!!

Casablanca 1948. Their dresses are amazing!!!!

[attachment=695209,90151] [attachment=695209,90152]

Post # 45
281 posts
Helper bee

I ordered mine in early January and it should be here around April 17th…  better safe than sorry I figured…

Post # 46
167 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: December 2015

Yes!  I got mine already…don’t mind me not looking very pleasant.

The topic ‘July 2010 brides, do you have your dress?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors