(Closed) July 2011 Brides: How Did It Go?

posted 9 years ago in July 2011
Post # 17
6 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: July 2011

I was adamant that our wedding ceremony be outside, and I thought hey, in July what are the chances its going to rain?
Turns out this year, where I live has had the second coldest July on record and more than double the amount of precipitation.
It POURED on our outdoor ceremony. We had no back-up.
It was raining so hard that our guests couldn’t hear us over the rain hitting the tent.
The rain stopped the minute the ceremony was over.
The day after the wedding and the forecast henceforth? All sun. Go figure.

It is hard to accept what cannot be changed and I can tell you, I’m having a difficult time with it. I keep having to remind myself that it was a wedding, not a performance and the important thing is that I took that step and married the person I love.

That being said, the reception was fantastic!

It was a nice small wedding and the venue was perfect. The food was delicious. I convinced my husband to do a first dance after he swore he wouldn’t. My bridal speech couldn’t have gone better.
Everyone loves the little quirky touches I put in.
I danced the night away.

Now… I patiently await photos.

Post # 18
1356 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

it was great! there were some things that went wrong

• sash on my dress was falling off (luckily, my Bridesmaid or Best Man sewed it back on during salad!), 
  • photog scared the crap out of me while I was getting my hair done (said I only booked him until 2 p that day instead of 12 p!), etc.

And..barely anyone signed our guest book. I was so bummed. I spent hours making it on shutterfly. 

But all in all, I’m married to my best friend, and newlywed life has been fantastic..aside from when I discovered he cut some “extras” off our dog’s bum with my new kitchen shears!!!!!!

Post # 19
1279 posts
Bumble bee

congrats to my fellow July bees! i hope you all had the wedding of yoru dreams!

i’m still on a high from it all, and anxiously awaiting all of our photos! fortunately our photog. posted some teasers on Facebook to whet our appetite 🙂

we had a mini-destination wedding in the hudson valley, NY, so it was a weekend of awesome, but it flew by way way way too fast! it’s funny that as a guest at a destination wedding, it always seems like a normal weekend in terms of time passing. but as a bride, it seemed to go twice as fast!

the day itself was perfect (well, near perfect)! it started off with eveything going according to schedule – hair & makeup showed up on time, as did me & mom. the only snafus that i knew of/witnessed were pretty minor:

– after getting into my dress – a process that took like 15 mins, my zipper popped open in the middle, and i eventually had to be sown into it!

– despite the fact that neither me nor my now-hubs are jewish, we agreed to do the hora at the request of our jewish friends. well my chair was not being supported enough in the front so i fell out! fortunately i fell with my legs straight out and i was caught just before i hit the ground… it was soooooo freakin’ scary!

otherwise, it was soooo much fun! all of our music was fantastic, and our coordinator and venue set up everything perfectly – everything looked gorgeous and exactly how i envisioned it! my guests totally noticed all the little details and everyone loved our venue and our ceremony! i surprised my groom with a Dungeons & Dragons groom’s cake, and i hadn’t seen what it would look like beforehand, and my friend, who gifted it to me, did the most amazing job!

diappointments/regrets:

– flowers were a big disappointment. i had made very specific requests of my florist, based on a centerpiece sample she did for me, and i feel like she ignored them all, rahter than tell me what she could and could not get or make happen (she literally said “no problem – i can take care of it all!”). i did not really like my bouquet at all, but fortunately, the colors all worked out and it looked great. it just wasnt at all what i wanted.

– we didnt get to listen to our (super amazing) cocktail hr music as much as we wanted to, and we didn’t dance as much as I had hoped.

– since we running late because of the dress snafu, we didn’t get to take all the photos i wanted to take. primarily the ones in our ceremony garden, because its so beautiful.

– i didn’t get to say goodbye to everyone before they left. its so hard to balance time on your wedding day! i wanted to enjoy everything personally, but also tried to talk to our guests as much as possible too!

overall, everything was great, and i totally wish i could get married again to go through the whole experience again! here some pics, which are phenomal!

Post # 20
256 posts
Helper bee

It was amazing! The best day ever!!!

this is where it all happened!

my hubby fighting back the tears!

Post # 21
2738 posts
Sugar bee

Beautiful. Just beautiful. I’m glad everyone had tons of fun.

The topic ‘July 2011 Brides: How Did It Go?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors