congrats to my fellow July bees! i hope you all had the wedding of yoru dreams!
i’m still on a high from it all, and anxiously awaiting all of our photos! fortunately our photog. posted some teasers on Facebook to whet our appetite 🙂
we had a mini-destination wedding in the hudson valley, NY, so it was a weekend of awesome, but it flew by way way way too fast! it’s funny that as a guest at a destination wedding, it always seems like a normal weekend in terms of time passing. but as a bride, it seemed to go twice as fast!
the day itself was perfect (well, near perfect)! it started off with eveything going according to schedule – hair & makeup showed up on time, as did me & mom. the only snafus that i knew of/witnessed were pretty minor:
– after getting into my dress – a process that took like 15 mins, my zipper popped open in the middle, and i eventually had to be sown into it!
– despite the fact that neither me nor my now-hubs are jewish, we agreed to do the hora at the request of our jewish friends. well my chair was not being supported enough in the front so i fell out! fortunately i fell with my legs straight out and i was caught just before i hit the ground… it was soooooo freakin’ scary!
otherwise, it was soooo much fun! all of our music was fantastic, and our coordinator and venue set up everything perfectly – everything looked gorgeous and exactly how i envisioned it! my guests totally noticed all the little details and everyone loved our venue and our ceremony! i surprised my groom with a Dungeons & Dragons groom’s cake, and i hadn’t seen what it would look like beforehand, and my friend, who gifted it to me, did the most amazing job!
– flowers were a big disappointment. i had made very specific requests of my florist, based on a centerpiece sample she did for me, and i feel like she ignored them all, rahter than tell me what she could and could not get or make happen (she literally said “no problem – i can take care of it all!”). i did not really like my bouquet at all, but fortunately, the colors all worked out and it looked great. it just wasnt at all what i wanted.
– we didnt get to listen to our (super amazing) cocktail hr music as much as we wanted to, and we didn’t dance as much as I had hoped.
– since we running late because of the dress snafu, we didn’t get to take all the photos i wanted to take. primarily the ones in our ceremony garden, because its so beautiful.
– i didn’t get to say goodbye to everyone before they left. its so hard to balance time on your wedding day! i wanted to enjoy everything personally, but also tried to talk to our guests as much as possible too!
overall, everything was great, and i totally wish i could get married again to go through the whole experience again! here some pics, which are phenomal!