Post # 1
For is of us lucky ladies getting hitched in July of 2011, what is your to-do list for October?
For me it is:
~ Downpayment on photographer
~ Engagements FINALLY taken.
~ Chose ceremony music and find the sheet music for my quartet
~ Find and book a DJ
~ Begin looking for a dress and maybe even buy one
~ Start making Save The Dates
I am a little behind on the planning from what I have been told but with 10 months left I am sure I have time.
Post # 3
@kfricke89: LOL. The only thing I’ve done is bought my shoes.
Post # 4
This month is:
– Sign contract with DJ
– Find videographer
– Find a bridesmaid dresses
– Finish Save the Dates/Send (holiday weekend wedding)
– Finish website
Post # 5
This month for me :
– Get Engagment pictures taken
– Look for invitations
– Book my reception hall
– Look for a reception (Done have Wedding Dress)
Maybe more to be added . 🙂
Post # 6
-Find bridesmaid dresses
-Get engagement photos taken.
-Schedule cake tastings.
-Schedule appointments to talk to florists.
Post # 7
– Finish Save the Dates
– Collect addresses
– Look for dress (which I think I already found!)
– Look for bridesmaid dresses
Post # 8
Since we hadn’t checked one single thing off “the list” since getting engaged 5 months ago our October list is huge! Luckily due to two trips back to NJ in September, the first week has been quite successful.
Heres what it looked like Oct 1st:
- book the reception site (done)
- find and book ceremony site (almost done)
- book dj (done)
- interview photographers (done)
- book photographer (done)
- finalize catering menu (done)
- finalize chair/table/linen/china order (done)
- pick out bridesmaid dresses (done)
- have Fiance try on tuxes and choose his tux
- again ask Fiance to pleeeeease ask his groomsmen
- work on save the dates
- final proof of engagement album (done)
October is half done…and my list is more than half done 🙂 YIPPIE!
Post # 9
Meet with two officiants, pick one….hopefully!
Get wording for invitations!
….wait for sample invitations in the mail!
Begin gathering addresses for wedding guests!
Engagement pics were done Oct 2nd!
Post # 11
Interview Officiant and choose one (done)
Book Honeymoon (met with travel agent so 1/2 way there)
Schedule Cake Tastings
Decide on a DJ
Get Save the Dates going
I can’t believe how close we are getting! My Fiance made some comment about it being a year away – I was like try 9 months, love!
Post # 13
Our October List
Book Caterer (almost done)
Book date at church (almost done)
Send deposit to Photog
Make prigress on personalised parasols
Begin calligraphy practice
Begin folding paper cranes
Phew. October is looking questionable haha.
Post # 14
Well, go easy on me, I’ve only been engaged about a month now. So in the next week we should have a signed contract with the venue/caterer and I will be locked in as a July bride.
I thought it was too early to look for a dress… but maybe not? I’ve did a tour through David’s Bridal and now am looking at stuff online. So maybe that will be on my November checklist.
Post # 15
Our September/October list:
– take engagement photos (done)
– find/book DJ (done)
– find/book videographer (found, just need to book)
– find florist
– finish website
– order save the dates
– finalize wedding list and get the last few addresses
– finish making pomanders
– book honeymoon (done)
Feels good to check things off but it seems like the to-do’s keep adding up each month. One thing at a time though!
Post # 16
Oh my goodness, I suddenly feel so far behind!! We’ve been engaged for about 6 weeks and here’s what we have done
– Venue booked
– Photographer chosen, just need to send the deposit
– Decide on color scheme
– DJ (a friend)
Hmm, that’s it! Next on the list is finding a caterer and I’m going dress shopping in 2 weeks. Am I incredibly behind or are you ladies just on top of things?