(Closed) July 2011 Brides ! When is your fitting for your dress ?

posted 8 years ago in July 2011
Post # 3
186 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

mine is on the 9th of april ๐Ÿ™‚

february seems sooooo soon

Post # 4
830 posts
Busy bee

I actually have my final fitting and take my dress home next week. However I purchased my gown online from a bridal shop selling a discontinued sample dress and it needed a lot of alterations. It needed to be taken from a size 6 down to a 2 and we did a lot of other customizing to it as well. I only took it in so early because I’m using a local seamstress who’s quite popular and books up fast in the busy spring months. I’m actually looking forward to having it done so early. The only thing I’d be concerned with is if you think you’ll gain or lose weight before your big day. Mine is a corset back so my seamstress says I can gain 10 lb and it’ll still fit like a glove. Also depends on how many fittings you will need. But no, I guess I don’t think Feb is too soon.

Post # 5
2 posts
Wannabee

I was told at davids bridal when I bought my dress that typically they recommend your fitting about 2 months before the wedding, unless you have a lot of alterations or customizing that you would like to have done.

Post # 6
3049 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: January 1991

Well seeing as my dress will not come until mid-May, my fitting is not even scheduled yet!

Post # 7
367 posts
Helper bee

My dress is scheduled to come in Mid-March. I’m looking at fittings likely in April and May.

Post # 8
73 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

Just ordered my dress this week.  Won’t get it til March, then we will talk about fittings. 

Post # 9
225 posts
Helper bee

My first fitting in on Jan. 29th. Im excited I have not seen my dress in 3 months and the store has been holding it for me. Then once alterations are done it is being shipped to NY. Is is ok to go alone to your fitting?

Post # 10
198 posts
Blushing bee

I am going to try on MY wedding dress for the first time tomorrow!!! It came in before the holidays but I haven’t had a chance to try it on yet. Not planning to do any alterations yet just put it on and see how it fits and then do a formal fitting in a few months after I have my shoes etc.

Post # 11
798 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

Wow, February does seem very soon. 

I’m with @kperry3, I JUST ordered my dress, and it won’t be available until May, so i’ll probably do it around the beginning of June.

I think it’s fine to go to your fitting alone, having another person there for an opinion on length etc, can’t hurt though….

Post # 12
724 posts
Busy bee

I ordered my dress in December and it should arrive in May, so I’ll do my fittings in May and June.

Post # 13
267 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: December 2011

The dress ships from the designer on Feb 1st to the shop where I purchased it.  I imagine I’ll do my first fitting by the end of Feb or early March.

Post # 14
508 posts
Busy bee

Our wedding is July 9th. My dress won’t even be here until May so fittings won’t be until May/June. However, the sample size fit me like a glove and I ordered that same size, so I’m not expecting to need any major alterations. 

Post # 15
353 posts
Helper bee

Wedding July 2nd and fitting May 7th.

Don’t want the fitting too early as I’m probably going to lose some weight so two months out from the wedding seemed good.

Post # 16
2410 posts
Buzzing bee

My first fitting is on April 1st. Feb 1st seems incredibly early to me.

The topic ‘July 2011 Brides ! When is your fitting for your dress ?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors