(Closed) July 2011 Brides ! When is your fitting for your dress ?

posted 9 years ago in July 2011
Post # 17
5 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: July 2011

I ordered my dress in Dec ’10.  Its not expected to be in until April/May.  Just make sure with your fitting being so early, that you get fitted closer to your wedding too.  Just in case you lose some weight unexpectly.

Post # 18
368 posts
Helper bee

I have my dress fitting in April, mostly because I want to wait and see if I lose any weight. 

Post # 19
14 posts
Newbee

I also JUST ordered my dress.  It won’t be in until June so we are looking at fitting for June/July.  The sample I tried on also fit me like a glove though, so we should have very minimal alterations that need to be done. 

Post # 20
2410 posts
Buzzing bee

Just double checked with the bridal store and my first fitting is actually April 30th not 1st.

Post # 21
225 posts
Helper bee

I just had my final fitting so my dress ships from Florida to NY next week just gotta hope nothing chnages in the next 5 months.

Post # 22
113 posts
Blushing bee

I was just trying to decide when to schedule mine. I’m thinking the second weekend in April for the first just because June is such a popular wedding month…I want the lady I want! 🙂

It’d be more convenient to do it in early May. I think I’ll give the lady a call and ask what she thinks.  She is, after all, the professional.

Post # 23
2906 posts
Sugar bee

🙁 🙁 I’m out of town, so I’m actually getting my fittings done on FRIDAY BEFORE THE WEDDING! OMG.

Hopefully I can afford to go home and get an earlier one. Sigh.

Post # 24
104 posts
Blushing bee

My first fitting is April 22nd.  A little more than 2 months before the BIG day!  EEEKKK! 

Post # 25
2739 posts
Sugar bee

I’m starting my fitting end of April or early May. It’s an informal kinda thing I have with the seamstress. Also, I don’t think I will need a lot of alteration. I do NEED to lose 10lbs though!

Post # 26
2161 posts
Buzzing bee

Mine is due to come in this month.   I am getting my alterations done off site, so I will have to start thinking of those soon!

Post # 27
2829 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

I had my ‘fitting’ on saturday afternoon. The initial alterations are going to be done by April 14th. Then I go in for my second fitting to decide if I want cups, or a bustle.

The topic ‘July 2011 Brides ! When is your fitting for your dress ?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors