(Closed) July 2011 Brides!

posted 12 years ago in July 2011
Post # 137
830 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

hi gang! happy t-minus 1 year to go for everyone! how exciting! does anyone else have this weird feeling like you have so much time to get everything done, and yet you fear not being able to do things you need to do in the time you have left? eeek!

since last posting, we have booked our photographer! we entered his yearly giveaway contest on his blog and have almost sealed the deal! contest ends 8/31 so keep your fingers crossed that we stay in the lead!

have narrowed down our ceremony and cocktail music options – very excited about this because i can already hear how awesome the tunes will be! still researching affordable live band options… sigh. may end up going with a DJ just to save some dough.

decided on a color scheme, but i think i may have mentioned that somewhere already…and we’ve chosen our wedding party – very small, just 3 bridesmaids and 3 groomsmen.

next on my list is flowers!

is everyone enjoying the summer so far?

Post # 138
1208 posts
Bumble bee

So even though I’m only 2? and half weeks into the engagement, we have been making plans for the past year.

What we know so far:

– colors: purple (grape) and green (hunter)
– Flowers: Purple and Antique Hydrangea (with Queen Anne’s lace in my bouquet)
– Location: Reserved two days after the engagement, a historic building in Ft Worth whose operators love us (especially FH)
– Band: They usually play first Friday of every month so we’re not concerned with booking them yet (play at the same building every month)
– Dress, Shoes, some underpinnings
– Groom and Groomsmen attire (tails and tuxes)
– Ushers (brother and best guy friend)
– Designer for our invitations/STD (good friend of FH)
– Choreographers (friends and two of the best instructors in the state)
– First and Last Dance (Natalie Cole’s arrangement of Orange Colored Sky and The Andrews Sisters’ Why Talk about Love)
– Officiant (good friend who is a pastor in Ft Worth)

What we have a good idea about:

– solje (seeing if my Grandma’s is the right size tomorrow)
– veil material (illusion tulle in birdcage)
– Caterer
– Bakery (and what cakes we want, including groom’s cake- the TARDIS)
– Playlist
– Verses we’re going to use in the ceremony
– Music for the ceremony
– Photographer (50% off company or pay the way of a family friend)

Post # 139
11 posts
Newbee

@ heleng5 IM GETTING MARRIED ON JULY 23 2011 AS WEEL. WE ARE GETTING MARRIED THAT DAY BECAUSE ITS BETWEEN BOTH OUR BIRTHDAYS AND ITS THE DAY MY GREAT- GRAND-MOTHER DIED. IM SO EXCITED THAT I FOUND SOMEONE WHO WAS GETTING MARRIED ON THE SAME DAY AS ME. CONGRADS BY THE WAY.

Post # 140
274 posts
Helper bee

I can’t believe we are almost 10 months away!

Post # 141
347 posts
Helper bee

YAY! So many others next July!

This is my 1st post, and I will be a 07/09/11 Bride!

Engaged July 16th last month and so far have venue/date booked, photographer, caterer. I would really like to get music sorted out (ideally a band, but maybe dj) and then I will relax for a bit with the biggies out of the way.

Beyond that….I know more of what I don’t want, than what I do want!

Not doing STD’s, doing early invites for FI’s fam as they are in Nova Scotia (to the two posters who I read are from there, he is from Antigonish!) so they have lots of planning time and less paper usage! We plan to take them home with us at Christmas, then give them to my side in Ontario shortly after.

No idea on colours….I see people picking two…is this what I should be thinking? How many is “normal”?

No idea on what I would like for a dress, I have a bit of “skinny fat” as I like to call it going on right now and am not allowing myself to dress shop until I am happier with my body. We just got a house, and a puppy, so my keeping in shape regime has been kicked to the curb!

We know wedding party (5 on each side), but I am waiting until Christmas to tell my girls (when I will see 2 of them in person again, and I don’t think it’s fair to tell the others until they can all know). However, Maid/Matron of Honor will know soon (my sister). Fiance has already asked his Bridesmaid or Best Man and 2 brothers.

Venue is very DIY, down to us having to rent tables, chairs, and bring in absolutely everything. I plan events for my employer so none of this scares me, just a matter of staying organized and on top of things!!

Anyone thought of first dance songs?

I am very excited for all of us! We originally thought July 2nd to use the long weekend for out of province guests to travel, but with Fiance being a teacher thought it would be better to have some extra time after school year wraps up….July 2nd would have meant school over Wed, wedding Saturday, this give him and extra week and a chance to spend more time with any family that comes in early!

I have a very broken family, and am struggling with being traditional, versus going with my comfort zone, but then wanting to be quietly different with some aspects of the wedding as well!

Can’t wait to keep hearing about all of our planning stages 🙂

Post # 142
348 posts
Helper bee

Wow!  I haven’t checked this board for a few weeks and there’s been so much going on!  Except for I feel like I haven’t done anything yet.  Just this past Monday, I decided to change our venue and I’m still waiting for the contract!  That’s pretty much all I have. Haven’t asked bridesmaids, haven’t booked any other vendors, kinda started a website but put that on hold, and haven’t started looking for a dress.  

First big dress appointments are on September 19th! And then Kleinfeld on October 2nd!

Anyone else falling behind, like me?  Or anyone have some advice for this slacker?  🙂

PS – Fourth of July weekend brides, we are approaching the 9 month mark FAST!

Post # 143
36 posts
Newbee

I am getting married july 16th 2011 , We have already started doing a few things .

we ordered our save the dates the beginning of august and have sent over half of them out still working on the rest cuz we have people that keep telling us to invite them to the wedding so right know looks like we have to order more so yay !! … lol.

And i picked up my wedding dress on August 18th , and i have picked up a few things for my reception and got my ring bearer’s pillow and a few things like that . but i still have a lot of work ahead of me . and im already stressed over it and the work has not really began .

Post # 144
2 posts
Wannabee

@RingPup I also got engaged on July 16th and my wedding is going to be July 3,2011 so I’ve just started as well! We have about 10 months to get things together! I’m very indecisive and take forever to make decisions so we’ll see if everything gets done!!! I just have the venue which includes the cater etc. Going to start looking for dresses and still have to decide colors !!! So much to do! good luck!

Post # 145
347 posts
Helper bee

@kelbrodec:

So cool we were enagaged the same day! I have colours picked now, purple, white and beige! We also ended up booking a DJ, I went to a wedding on Aug 28th and he was awesome, I booked him 2 days later! Not going to go dress shopping until November -I don’t want to go now and be like “I’m not usually like this, usually I am in better shape, blah blah. I am going to get back in gear now, and hopefully be happier with my figure by then. No rush for that yet anyways! I am not telling my Maid/Matron of Honor and BM’s they are in bridal party until December, some I won’t see til then again, and I want to tell them all in person, and around the same time!

Post # 146
18 posts
Newbee

Hey Everyone!

I’d love to join the discussion.

We got engaged on May 14th, 2010 and will be getting married July 9th, 2011 in upstate NY.  Where my date twins at?

I can’t believe I’ve been engaged for 4 months already.  Geez!

What’s done?  Let’s see… so far I have the reception hall which includes the food, I have a DJ, a photographer, got the engagement photos done, booked the church for the ceremony, and booked a florist.  I have gone to try on dresses only once but am going with my mom in two weeks… hopefully I’ll find the one!  I know where I want to get the cake but haven’t talked to them yet. 

I think my colors are going to be fushia and light pink… maybe some greens.  I know that I want to include my favorite flower the stargazer lily in my bouquet at least.  I have only a Maid of Honor and a Best Man.  We think we have picked out of first dance song.  I feel like I’ve gotten most of the big things out of the way already and am not doing much wedding stuff right now.  Soon though in the next couple months I have to have meetings with the reception hall, and the pastor and get a dress so things are going to start getting really sorted out pretty soon.  We are trying to keep the wedding budget at 10k with 150 guests.

Post # 147
367 posts
Helper bee

@tigarlily1: I’m also getting married on July 9! 🙂

So far, I’ve booked venue (ceremony and reception combo, and they’re the caterer!), the photoographer, videographer, and DJ. I am pretty sure I know where we’re getting our desserts and flowers, and one of my bridesmaids is helping me with all things stationary. We’re currently working on the STDs, which I’m planning on sending out in a month, or beginning of November (before the holiday season gets crazy). My Maid/Matron of Honor and I are going to look at dresses the second week of October too. Things seem to be progressing along pretty good. Now I’m just collecting ideas for decor and whatnot. My colors are berry colors with a hint of green and yellow as accents. and lots of wood, because I’m getting married in Oregon. 

Post # 148
348 posts
Helper bee

Yay for July 9! And all July Brides!

I think I chimed in on this post months ago, but since then we have booked our photographer, finalized the ceremony venue, and are totally changing up our reception venue! Haha, we went from a restaurant reception to a museum gallery instead… I’m so excited!

Our colours are black, white and yellow. My bridesmaids are wearing black dresses that they choose on their own. Next in the to-do list is my dress! I’ve already done some dress shopping, so I just need to make a decision…

Oh, and I was at a wedding show this past weekend and just found our I won a free engagement session and photo album, so we will be doing that over (Canadian) Thanksgiving weekend. Super excited because we weren’t planning on doing them, and now we can incorporate our pup into the pictures!

We’ve been engaged since August 2008 (oh yes!), so I’m excited to get this show on the road! 298 days to go!

Post # 149
1 posts
Wannabee

I’m a July 3 Bride too!  Nice to have soo many wedding buddies!:O)  I chose this date, because my Hubby-2B, loves July.  It’s his favorite month, and also his birthday month.  I chose the 3rd, because it falls on a Sunday in 2011(cheaper costs), and my guests shouldn’t have to work that Monday!  I also have a thing for fireworks, so I loved the idea of celebrating the 4th as Husband and Wife!Smile

We are having a late afternoon outdoor wedding in a private garden, and rececption indoors.  My colors are Ivory, Red(His fav), Deep Purple(My fav), and Lanvender(for contast), with hints of Silver. (Photo ideas attached below)

I chose a “Roses are Red, Violets are Blue” theme, because I’m a romantic, and its perfect for my color scheme.  So of course these will be my focal flowers, especially the Red Rose (my fav). 

So far I’ve completed the following:

Ordered and paid for my dress (Custom Made)

Booked Ceremony & Reception Sites (Same Location)

Booked Caterer

Designed my Save-the-Dates

I’m a DIY bride, and plan to put my BA of Graphic Art to good use!  I’ll be doing all of the stationary, programs, fans, and I’m even working on some wedding activity books for the children, which they can take home as favors!….

I’m still brainstorming, so let me know of any ides that will go with my theme/colors!

Thanks in advance!

[attachment=1270526,161893] [attachment=1270526,161894]

Post # 150
134 posts
Blushing bee

Hey July brides,

I’m new to this board and the whole wedding planning process. It seems many of you have most of the wedding all figured out. I live in Florida but am getting married in New York where I grew up so my mom and sisters are planning it. We picked Sunday July 31st. The only thing we have booked so far is the venue/reception site where we will have the cermony outside on the water and the reception inside over looking the water. I’m not sure if I should look for a dress in NY or Florida. Here is my venue http://www.chateaulamercatering.com/

Post # 151
70 posts
Worker bee

Yay, just found this thread.  I’m July 23, 2011.  I got engaged back in May but we just took engagement pics this weekend.  Our colors are Navy and Lime green.  I’m feeling a little overwhelmed with the planning now, as all of the “big picture” things (venue, officient, caterer, bridal party) are all taken care of and now it just all seems like details.  How many of you have your dress yet?  I can’t committ just yet, with 10 months still…

The topic ‘July 2011 Brides!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors