(Closed) July 2011 Brides!

posted 12 years ago in July 2011
Post # 152
373 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

Wow….im feeling crazy overwhelmed too.  We just booked our July 23 wedding and all we have is the venue, caterer and officiant.  Summercamp - looks like were in a pretty similar boat – how many guests are you inviting??   I better get my ass in gear!

Post # 153
46 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: July 2011

@tigarlily1: Hi date twin! I was engaged on May 14 and am (hopefully) getting married on July 9 too Wink

I’m a newbie, but reading this thread is making me a bit nervous.  All of you bees seem so on on top of your planning!  Even though I’ve been engaged since May, I studied for the CA BAr for the first 3 months and then needed an extra 2 months to recoup.  Now it’s November and I feel so behind!  Is it possible to plan a wedding in 8 months?

So far, Fiance and I have only picked our wedding party (whom we are asking next month), determined our guest list, and booked the church for the ceremony.  We’ve visited about 10 possible reception venues, but most are either not within our budget (which we’ve only ballparked, but haven’t specifically set) or aren’t what we’re looking for.  Some are even booked on our date.  I’m just hoping we pick a place SOON and that it’ll all get easier after we find a venue.

Post # 154
686 posts
Busy bee

@monamiestephanie: We’re July 30th, but I have nearly everything planned at this point. I guess our wedding has brought out the subconscious control-freak in me because we have good friends getting married in June 2011 and October 2011 and they literally have not done a thing – not even the dress! Oh and I LOVE PEONIES… I had every floral arrangement and bouquet perfectly planned in my mind, but NOOOO.. we can’t get peonies for July 30th according to, well, everyone. Sigh.

Here’s what we’ve done so far:

– Venue – Guest list – Save the Date’s – Determined/Asked Bridal Party – Dress/shoes – Tux/B-maids Dresses – Flowers – Photographer/Engagement Photos – DJ – Officiant – Cake – Lighting – Linens – Chargers – Photobooth – Etc. –

The one thing that I can immediately think of that I haven’t done is hair/make-up. I’m waiting until my dress comes in to do any trials 🙂

Post # 155
1557 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

@summer7911:

I think once you nail down your venue you’ll find it easier to knock off other things on your to-do list.

Have you started thinking about your budget/menu etc?

Goodluck with finding a venue & happy planning.

Post # 156
625 posts
Busy bee

At this point we have:

-Our venue Booked

-Date set. July 10th!

-Officienets booked. Rabbi AND Minister ready to go!

-Our photographers booked

-E-pics done

-Dress chosen (but not purchased… as I am poor now)

-Colors chosen

-BM dresses chosen but not pruchased

-Planning on buying ring during holiday sales

-Once we get oour pictures from our e-shoot back we will make and send out our Save The Dates.

Still SO MUCH TO DO! I have alot decided on and planned out but not much set in stone. We are meeting with our first DJ next week!

Post # 157
46 posts
Newbee

@missmouse29: Thanks for your comment! We have a rough budget that still needs some tweaking and we’re hoping to go with the venue (any venue)’s inhouse catering.  Outside catering (+ costs for renting a venue) will probably be over our budget.  We’re having separate meetings with both sets of parents this weekend, so hopefully that will help move us along.  Kind of nervous though! =)

Post # 158
32 posts
Newbee

Alright here we go:

Date: July 9th 2011

Photographer: Booked

Caterer: Booked

Dress: Purchased

BM’s Dresses: Being made by my friend. Design decided

Shoes: Purchased

Save-the-dates: Sent

Invites: Designed but not printed

Wedding decorations: Started……..

Post # 159
95 posts
Worker bee

i’m getting married on the 22d of july 

i have my venue and caterer, my photographer and videographer, beautician/hairdresser/bridal dresser (we have a traditional south asian wedding), we have our flight tickets (we are gettinh married in Sri Lanka), we have our decorator, i bought my white wedding dress but need to buy 3 sarees more… we have a seamstress that will make bridesmaids dresses but not decide the style yet.

Post # 160
694 posts
Busy bee

Oh man…we are almost at 7 months out!!!! SEVEN MONTHS!  Where did the first 8 months of my engagement go???

Anyways, I have done the big items and have a few more things I gotta get going on, like, NOW!

Ceremony Location and Officiant – Booked

Reception Location and Catering – Booked

Dress – Purchased and being kept at the salon!

Shoes – still looking…

DJ – Booked

Transportation – Booked

Tux Rentals – Paid Deposit

Bridesmaid or Best Man Dresses – we got together and looked, but nothing purchased yet

Save the Dates – printed in August, some hand delivered, most still on my counter at home (BAD GIRL, I know! I gotta get these suckers out!)

Nothing yet done on wedding bands, decorations, invites, flowers or cake (other than the thoughts in my head about what I want), but those will be the next round of things to do.  Just when I thought I had so much done…!

Post # 161
4 posts
Wannabee

July 16 2011

My wedding is a destination wedding in the Bahamas.  I wanted to do it in May
but we had to change the date.  Since it is destination we had to start planning early. I am doing most of the planning on my own, else I would drive any planner crazy!!!

DJ – DONE
Wedding Dress – Ordered not Fitted
Reception Venue – Chosen
Food Tasting – Two Weeks
Invitations – Sent
Wedding Colors – Turquoise and Brown
Bridesmaide Dresses- Ordered
Flowers – Calalillies

The topic ‘July 2011 Brides!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors