(Closed) July 2011 outdoor wedding brides how are you beating the heat!

posted 8 years ago in July 2011
Post # 3
1330 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

hello date twin!!! ๐Ÿ™‚  we are looking for ideas as well….

i’m thinking lots of ice bottled water and lemonade and possibly no soda so that everyone stays hydrated…..we also thought of fans and i’m thinking of somehow having a shaded area, like possibly a handmade canopy between tree trunks with fabric or something….not entirely sure yet…lol

Post # 4
643 posts
Busy bee

Mini ice cream cones!

Personalized water bottles and fan-programs like you!

My website has a small forewarning to dress for the weather too, lighter dress if it’s a hotter day….

Lots of cold beer will be on hand which also helps!

Where are you located?

Post # 5
29 posts
Newbee

@RingPup: We all have the same wedding date!!! Ilove it!!!!
I too am having an outdoor wedding ceremony, and just like the rest of you girls will have waters, and fan programs. Fortunately the huge oak tree we are getting married under will provide some shade.  I’m in Georgia so July is crazy hot, and I dont want anyone passing out on me! Also, I am starting my wedding at 6:30, so it will give a bit more relief from the heat.

Post # 6
1330 posts
Bumble bee

@FutureMrsWatson: we are thinking of the same start time as well for the same reason!! ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 7
843 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

I’m end of June, so I’ll be beating the heat with you guys!

My ceremony is outside, weather permitting, and I plan on having sweet tea and lemonade jugs.  Iced down water bottles.  Fan programs like PPs have mentioned.  We’re getting married in one of Savannah’s beautiful squares underneath a huge oak tree, so some shade will be provided.  I’m thinking of having some parasols there for the ladies if needed.

Post # 8
36 posts
Newbee

@soon2bmrs.D:

My wedding is July 2, 2011..in Oklahoma..it’s gonna be a HOT day!  Our coctail hour is outside and will begin in the evening..between 5 and 6pm …we will be serving pink lemonade and to help with the heat I’m planning on getting these fans ..10 for $10 off of http://www.goodthingsweddingfavors.com

Post # 9
4137 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

cold water and program fans!

Post # 10
2410 posts
Buzzing bee

I was initially planning an outdoor wedding though it is now in a church instead. I bought a bunch of parasols and personalised them with our wedding details which was a bit time consuming, but pretty.

Post # 11
1359 posts
Bumble bee

ours is in the shade! and at 5, so no real worries there..and my aunt is renting a Del’s Lemonade truck for after the ceremony, and before cocktail hour starts ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 12
546 posts
Busy bee

I have mine starting at 5pm but not in the shade! Ohh geez, I’m going to have to look into getting water down to everyone. I’m getting married on a golf course where the guests will be carted down to the pond.

Post # 13
3709 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

Lots of cold bottled water and program fans. Maybe some chilled damp towels although I don’t know how you would pull that off. You could also add a note in the invite giving tips on ways to stay cool, sundresses and sandals instead of more formal dresses, slacks and shoert sleeved shirts for the guys instead of long sleeves and ties. 

Post # 14
643 posts
Busy bee

@Luckygir15:

We won’t have full shade for ours either (4:30 start) but hopefully the sun won’t be too bad, worst case and it is….the ceremony is super short!

Post # 15
2829 posts
Sugar bee

Lots of chilled drinks (water, punch, beer etc), ice cream woo!, and the natural breeze off the lake (during the day the land is hotter and the air above it warms faster than that above a body of water creating a natural convection which draws the cooler air in off the water–in the evening when the land cools, it cools more quickly than the body of water, as does the air above it which causes the air to be drawn out over the water. Horay for SCIENCE!).

there is also an indoor lounge area attached to the bathrooms & kitchens that guests will be welcome to if they are too overwhelmed by the heat.

The topic ‘July 2011 outdoor wedding brides how are you beating the heat!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors