(Closed) July 2011! Share your invites & stds!

posted 7 years ago in July 2011
Post # 3
3049 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: January 1991

I don’t have my invitations yet, but here are my STDs! I LOVE them and people are already calling/texting me about how much they like them πŸ™‚

Post # 4
2161 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

We don’t do save the dates around here as a standard.  It’s all word of mouth, I have spoken to everyone invited over the past few months.

My invites are DIY from Michael’s.  http://www.michaels.com/BRIDES%C2%AE-White-Wisp-Invitation/wd0526,default,pd.html?start=21&cgid=products-wedding-invitations

They aren’t fancy but I love how they look in person.  I couldn’t find the perfect green invitations and decided to play it safe.

Post # 6
2907 posts
Sugar bee

Save the dates! A postcard (but we put the stamp, the address and the little message on the back of this–that stamp you see there is just an image.)

Invites (I’m doing the wax seals now!)

Post # 9
1506 posts
Bumble bee

Here were our STD magnets:

and here’s our invitation suite which we just picked out this weekend!

Post # 10
160 posts
Blushing bee

Here are my STDs!!  I did the photography myself with a tripod and created the postcard in Microsoft Publisher!  I tried photoshop but got frustrated trying to resize the images!  Also, once we got them printed (for $6.00 at Office Max!!!!!!!) I rounded the corners before I sent them!  Total cost including postage: ~$31 woohoo!

Post # 12
575 posts
Busy bee

I can’t get a good pic of the invites that we are ordering this week, but here is our sve the date magnet.

Post # 13
2907 posts
Sugar bee

@missmouse29: Thanks! I designed with him looking over my shoulder. I wrote the whole thing with a calligraphy pen. πŸ™‚ The RSVP card– I cheated, I scanned the invite and scaled the pattern down on the computer. Sneaky sneaky.

@MrsMcGyro:I love the bicycle! That is AWESOME.

@TXNHBride: I love that you did the writing in the sand, too. That was a must have for me. πŸ™‚

@retreadbride:Cool. Very cool.

@crystlrox:Aww, sweet! Where did you get them made?

Post # 14
575 posts
Busy bee

@ellabee: Magnetstreet.com and they also gave us a 20% coupon off invitations so that’s also where we are getting the invititations!

Post # 15
3049 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: January 1991

Aww! Everyone’s Save-The-Date Cards and invitations look so great! I’m excited for us πŸ™‚ We have about 3 months and change… so woohoo!

By The Way, I got my Save-The-Date Cards from Peartreegreetngs.com They only have a few designs but ended up being the cheapest for what I wanted! I guess I have to figure out programs now…

Post # 16
693 posts
Busy bee

Here are ours!  We compromised… I wanted a blue background with white text, but he just couldn’t imagine not having White invitations. (Sorry for the bad lighting!)

@ellabee: We also had our Save-The-Date Cards (magnets) and invitations done by Magnetstreet.com.  You can customize them SO MUCH and the service and quality was excellent.  Also loved the 20% coupon off the invites.

Blue Vista pearlized envelopes from Paperandmore.com  We also got matching paper for the Menus and Ceremony Programs.

The topic ‘July 2011! Share your invites & stds!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors