(Closed) July 2011 Venues!

posted 8 years ago in July 2011
Post # 4
239 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

We’re leaning toward July 2011. Currently, we’re looking at a rose garden wedding with a loft-type reception OR a ceremony/reception at the U.S. Space and Rocket Center. We’ll see though…going to look tomorrow, actually!

Post # 5
Hostess
16213 posts
Honey Beekeeper

We are getting married on July 16, 2011. I don’t have images of the church handy, but the reception is at a historic building downtown. Below are images of the exterior and our ballroom, the Emerald Ballroom.

Post # 7
341 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: February 2008

We’ve chosen our venue!!! Where in Canada are you missmouse? A small little resort on the coast of NS. We’re pretty excited, I’m planning from out west though and then will do literally ALL of the planning I can this summer while we’re home 🙂
Ceremony will be on the beach, and reception in one of the banquet halls overlooking the ocean 🙂
This is the picture on their website:

[attachment=870580,108618]

Post # 8
212 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

We booked our ceremony venue (church I grew up in…. and my parents were married there) and our reception venue over Easter weekend.  I honestly was not planning on booking a reception venue until the summer, but A LOT of places were booking up already.  Crazy!

Most of our guests are from out of town (about 80% of our 200 guests), so we wanted a hotel venue in a fun location.  Plus, like many people, we are working with a tight budget.  After looking at 10 reception venues in 2 days, we found the perfect spot.  The ballroom is HUGE…. dining will be in one half and the bar, dance floor and other fun things will be in the other half.  It’s more formal than I originally planned, but I’m really excited about this place.  Here are pictures I took while looking (ignore the ugly tables without tablecloths)…

Post # 10
Hostess
16213 posts
Honey Beekeeper

@Miss Mouse: Thank you! I think yours is lovely too!!! I think it is SO perfect for a summer wedding!

@ Future Frett: Great pictures! I love the chandeliers! So elegant!

Post # 11
1280 posts
Bumble bee

Here’s mine! It’s an old house in the Hudson Valley owned by a catering company that’s got lots of beautiful gardens, a wrap-around-porch, funky rooms inside and a separate dance floor area! So excited!

Post # 13
2410 posts
Buzzing bee

Jaxx317  your venue looks amazing! I’m so glad you found a great spot you like. We are now officially date twins too because when I booked my venue there were no Saturdays left till the end of 2011. I had no idea people booked venues that far in advance. I’m getting married at the Branford House Mansion in Groton, CT.

Post # 14
1280 posts
Bumble bee

oh plantains – i hope you have good weather because that place is gorgeous!!

Post # 15
1280 posts
Bumble bee

@missmouse – it’s definitely unusual. and it off a pretty quiet road, so it feels like you’re going to hang out at someone’s house for the afternoon. so even though we’ll probably have a medium sized wedding, it will feel very intimate. i’m so excited to get down to the decorating and color and whatnot.

it seems like your venue has the same vibe, which is so great. and how cool that there haven’t even been many weddings there at all! your guests will definitely have a one-of-a-kind experience! how fun!

Post # 16
154 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

We booked Swan Harbor Farm — July 30th 2011

[attachment=1061106,132064] [attachment=1061106,132065] [attachment=1061106,132066] [attachment=1061106,132067]

The topic ‘July 2011 Venues!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors