(Closed) July 2012 bees…

posted 7 years ago in July 2012
Post # 3
860 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

@Mrs.T To Bee: Hey…. It’s pretty hot here in July and I am wearing a long dress…. My ceremony is not outdoors….but even if my ceremony was outside, I would still wear a long dress… I think that you should wear what you want….

Good luck date twin 😉

Post # 6
3982 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

I got married in Fort Worth Texas on July 10th in the middle of an insane drought and heat wave (that ended up lasting for MONTHS) and I still wore a giant ass ball gown! And I love it! I was outside for a few hours for pictures the next day and while at the end of it my crinni was sticking to my legs like pants, I still felt okay. Not as good as I would have felt in AC but not as bad as I thought I might. Since it will only be for a short period of time for you, I wouldn’t worry. I would, however, invest in some spray on antipersperant and pretty much bathe in it. My mother prayed me down from head to toe before I got in my dress on my wedding day and I didn’t sweat one bit! It was glorious!

So, DO IT! Why risk regretting the dress you chose because one person things it will be too hot for the ceremony? Wear your dress and love it!

Post # 8
571 posts
Busy bee

I’m getting married just west of you in NE and am wearing a long dress. Personally short dresses aren’t very bridal to me so I wouldn’t waver; it sounds like your ceremony won’t be too long anyway. But I understand your concern about heat, I’m worried too even though my ceremony won’t be outside. Great date choice NE twin! 7-7-12 🙂

Post # 9
2247 posts
Buzzing bee

I live in the south, so I am prepared to sweat a little.  I wasn’t about to skimp on my dream, princess gown!

Post # 10
157 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

I live in Oklahoma, and our July was miserable this year!  Over 100 degrees almost everyday.  I’m still wearing a long dress for our July 14 wedding though!  I made it a point to find something I loved, but that wasn’t too heavy.  Our wedding isn’t outside, but we are taking alot of pictures outside.  Wasn’t about to sacrifice my dream dress just because it was hot though 🙂 I’ll suffer.   I say go with the dress you love!  Sure it’ll be hot, but you’ll look gorgeous!

Post # 12
1235 posts
Bumble bee

@MrsSnowPoke: Yay date twins! 

And Im wearing a ball gown as well…oh well if im hot. 

Post # 14
516 posts
Busy bee

Get the dress you want!  It’s your wedding and if you want a long dress go for it.  Our ceremony is outdoors up in the mountains, it will be hot, but the site is mostly in the shade by the time 5p rolls around.  I am more concerned about being sweaty and gross taking pictures leading up to the ceremony.  Personally I am going to do a long dress, but opt for lighter materials nothing heavy, stiff or shiny (but those just also happen to be my personal preferences in dresses regardless of weather).  Happy dress shopping!  Hope you all find your perfect dress!

Post # 15
474 posts
Helper bee

Believe it or not, it get’s hotter than the hubs of hell in Idaho in July. My dress is still long and I’m wearing a crinoline. Our wedding is not til evening through so I’m hoping it will be a little cooler by then…

Post # 16
1676 posts
Bumble bee

Eh, I’m wearing a ball gown for 7-7-12. It’s what I loved. I figure the church and the hall both have AC.

The topic ‘July 2012 bees…’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors