(Closed) July 2012 Moms – Part 2

posted 7 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 3
236 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

Hoping everyone is feeling good so far. 🙂 Can’t wait until this 1st trimester is over already. lol

Post # 5
1078 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: March 2009

@seg31085: Agreed! I’m at 9w 3d, and am anxiously awaiting my 2nd tri! Only a few weeks to go. =)

Been feeling a little nauseous the past few evenings, right around dinner time. However, still no sickness yet *fingers crossed it stays that way*.

How’s everyone else been feeling this week?

Post # 6
3671 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: March 2011

I’ve been okay this week.  I’ve had a lot of bloating and gas which always seems to result in some nausea and always makes me uncomfortable.  I’m still exhausted all the time but right now it’s not helping that it’s been cloudy/rainy for about four days straight.  

I’ll be 10 weeks on Saturday and I can’t wait to get to the end of the first trimester.  We wanted to wait longer to tell more people but we’re considering sending out Christmas cards to announce it that’ll hopefully arrive on the 23rd or 24th.  I actually could wait but someone in our close family will tell on Christmas Eve at my husband’s grandparents’ house anyway.  We won’t be there and we’d rather be the ones to tell people.

You’d probably think they would listen to “Don’t tell” but it’d probably slip out and my BIL and his wife announced it to the world at 4 weeks (on Facebook immediately after calling immediate family) so they already think we’ve waited super long and his dad has this complex of not understanding why other people wouldn’t tell early when he would.  It’s not fun, but it’s also not something I want to argue with people about around Christmas.  Everything seems to be going well anyway so we’d just like to beat them to the punch. 

Post # 8
3671 posts
Sugar bee

@panterapeach: We thought about it.  We figured we’d send out the cards.  And I’m thinking of changing my status on Christmas Day to something about it and maybe posting the first ultrasound picture.  I’m also thinking of letting everyone get their cards and I know some of them will congratulate us on Facebook and then announcing that it is true once I reach 12 weeks. 

Post # 9
180 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

@panterapeach: My Darling Husband and I were just talking about this and I’m hoping to never “officially” post it on facebook. We told our families last weekend (10 weeks) and we are going to start telling friends in person/over the phone this week. I figure it will leak to FB eventually, but I always feel a little weird when I see people’s ultrasound pictures up there so I am going to try my best to avoid it. But to each her own. That said, I love the “bun in the oven” picture idea! Much less direct, but people will catch on eventually.

Post # 10
2792 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

@panterapeach: Sorry to butt in on the convo but I love following you ladies! Just wanted to share that I had a friend who took a picture with her Darling Husband and a can of “Prego” spaghetti sauce and posted it as their profile pictures. It was cute and totally corny, but it took some people a little bit to catch on!

Post # 11
3671 posts
Sugar bee

@NYC.BOS.CHI: Oddly enough I think ultrasounds are a bit tame with some of the people I know.  Like I said, my BIL and his wife announced it on Facebook the day they took the test when she would have been four weeks, maybe even a little under.  They also posted the picture of the positive pregnancy test and went ahead and started a whole photo album.  That was a bit much to me, especially so early. 

Plus, we’re pushed to put a lot on Facebook since we live so far away so we’ll probably post one picture from each ultrasound. 

Post # 12
618 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: January 2011

Hubby and I were talking about this last night since we have our first doctor’s appointment this afternoon. I want to show the ultrasound picture with a caption of “Merry Christmas to us!” or “The best Christmas present ever”–something sweet. Hubby wants to wait until our tacky Festivus party at some friends house and post a picture of him with a beer and me with milk or orange juice and say something along the lines of: Here I am with my wife and Dirty Delete. I’m drinking beer and she’s drinking orange juice, Why? Oh, yeah, because she is pregnant. THat’s right I said it. Boom.

My husband is so weird.

Post # 13
128 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: September 2010

@MrsMaine: That is a super cute way to announce!  Unique too, I’ve never seen it before.

We’re planning on telling family as we see them over the holidays – siblings first, then grandmothers/aunts/uncles all together on Christmas.  Will be over 10 weeks by the time we see my family (am 9w2d today).  But we’re going to ask them not to spread it outside that group until after my next appointment which is almost 13 weeks.  I think after that I will tell everyone else and not have anyone keep it quiet anymore.  Luckily my family is fine at keeping secrets to themselves!

As for facebook, I don’t think I’ll put anything on there until I’ve either got a big bump and I’ll change my profile pic to me rocking that, or else when we find out the sex maybe.  I’d rather not tell the entire facebook world for awhile, just my personal preference.

What exciting news we all get to share this holiday season!!

Post # 14
794 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2010

Thank you ladies for the sweet messages from my appointment yesterday.  I am still on cloud 9.

We have told our immediate families and very closest friends early on.  At christmas time we are going to tell our more extended families and close friends since we will be 10 weeks then.  I won’t put anythign on facebook or out to all friends until the middle of Jan, that will be after the first trimester and after my 2nd appointment. 

Post # 15
236 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

I’ll be 10 weeks tomorrow. I’ve been soooooo sick the last 2 days when we called the dr today(came home early from work) they called in a perscription. I haven’t been this sick at all ever. Like I said, can’t wait for the 1st trimester to be over and hopefully it won’t continue for much longer!!

By The Way, husband already posted the good news on FB. Didn’t matter to me, I was sick of hiding me sick. lol

Post # 16
794 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2010

@seg31085:  I have had awful all day sickness as well.  Just a Public Service Announcement for the prescription if you are using Zofran. I am using it and it is amazing to have a moment without constant nausea.  Just be careful.  It can cause insane constipation.  Be sure you handle it early or it can get bad.  Milk of magnesia, fiberone bars, and fruit have helped me a little but seriously there is no NORM again while on it.  Also, I found taking the whole pill too be kinda harsh on my stomach so I cut a pill in half and use it that way.  I hope you find some relief.  Despite the side effects it is a godsend when you are projectile vomiting up to 12 times a day. 

The topic ‘July 2012 Moms – Part 2’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors