posted 9 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 542
368 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

View original reply
@miss.skinner:  I have the same question as
View original reply
@chrispygal:  What do contractions feel like? 

Post # 543
638 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: April 2007

Babymoon Report: It was AWESOME. A whole lot of relaxing which was perfect. Seriously I got up and worked out (usually a 3+ mile walk) every morning – had breakfast – then settled myself into a beach chair with a book! Drinking lots of water and Virgin Mango Daiquiris πŸ™‚ We got dolled up for dinner every night and were in bed by 10 or 10:30. AMAZING! All of us on the trip are mom’s mostly to young ones so it was really nice for everyone to get this break. We never even left the resort. We’re thinking we should plan a yearly Mom’s Trip Away πŸ™‚ Plus all the Jamaican’s seem to LOVE babies and their faces would light up with so much joy when they’d notice my belly and ask about the baby. It was REALLY sweet!

Only negatives…. my feet TOTALLY swelled on the flight down. Hello Cankles! They didn’t go down until I had slept with my feet up all night. Then all seemed fine. And I had no issues on the flight home. Maybe because I got a random upgrade to first class for the first leg!

My worst fears come true on my final leg. I was feeling fine and then all of the sudden about 15 minutes before we landed it started getting bumpy and I just knew I was going to be sick. Thank goodness there was a ‘bag’ in my seat pocket. My seatmate (total bitch!) was not thrilled. But whatever – I couldn’t help it. Luckily I only puked twice and not the whole way into the landing. It got even better on the drive home from the airport (45 min drive) when I puked out the window of my friends car. It was so gross and I felt like a drunk kid. Third times a charm when I woke up at 3am puking again. But I felt fine the next day. UGH. The joys of pregnancy. Luckily my flight in May is just one leg both directions – I will NOT be looking forward to it!

View original reply
@krsmall:  As far as bras go and boob size they don’t stay one size even when nursing. When your milk first comes in your boobs will also swell which will make them GINORMOUS (be sure to ICE!)… but this doesn’t last more than a week. In early nursing mine stayed pretty big… but after a couple months (especially when Roo started solids) they settled into a new size. Etc. Etc. I started to feeling like a bra would never fit right again πŸ™‚ They ended up smaller after pregnancy and nursing then what I started with. All this to say I wouldn’t go crazy buying bras. I found the best post delivery nursing bras were the nursing tanks from target. Super comfy. Not even $20. PLUS it takes a while for your belly to ‘go down’ so it was nice to have the tank covering my belly while I nursed – especially if we had company. I didn’t like being reminded of the jiggle! I really have no advice because I NEVER found a nursing bra I REALLY liked. (Besides the tanks) I just kinda dealt with the $40 ones from Target or the Bra (Jockey/Hanes etc) stores at outlet malls. Maybe I should have paid the $80.

View original reply
@chrispygal:  I had an anterior plancenta with my first and it took FOREVER before I could even feel movement. Even throughout my entire pregnancy I didn’t feel a whole lot of flips or kicks. So it’s really cool that you’re able to feel so much! Roo was so chill he was usually just stretching so you could tell his head was butted up against my tummy – but not many kicks. They way my hubby first started feeling anything was at night if a laid flat on my back for just a bit… for some reason that made the kicks more powerful on the outside.

View original reply
@miss.skinner:  Awesome on your appt checkup AND being able to stay at home. That will be awesome!

I’m going to start tackling ‘transitions’ with our son this weekend to get us more ready for this baby. Like taking away his paci at bedtime! (Yikes – I hope we get some sleep!) Plus I’m ordering a bed rail so we can transition him into his big boy bed. I hope it goes well!! He is telling us more and more (even at daycare!) when he was to use the potty so that’s positive!

Post # 544
234 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

Well we hard our appt with 2 different Drs yesterday. Basically a wait and see game now. We had 3 different ultrasounds done and after 2 hours of being in the chair I was so ready to leave!! lol The second they put the ultrasound wand on me, little girl kicked pretty good, I think she’s going to get sick of the sneak peaks between now and July. She is doing good as of now but I am supposed to go in for weekly ultrasounds until she’s born to measure the mass on her lung. There is about a 1/3rd of a chance it could go away before she’s born, which is what we’re praying for. We’re definitely not our of the woods yet, but there just might be a glimmer of hope at the end of the tunnel. Thanks for all the prayers too. I’m feeling a little bit better about things now. Now if we could just get going on her room we would be all set! lol

So glad to see everyone doing well. I’ll have my 1-hour glucose test done next week, hoping I pass like I passed the last one(diabetes runs heavily in my family so I had a 1-hour test done at about 18 weeks, passed with flying colors!) Oh yeah, Dh finally felt baby on Easter as we were laying in bed. She was super active so I grabbed his hand and said “FEEL THIS!” and right when I said that, she kicked him pretty good. Feels so reassuing to feel those big kicks and movements. πŸ™‚

Post # 545
794 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2010

View original reply
@chrispygal:  
View original reply
@krsmall:  At first I didn’t even know they were contractions but my doctor confirmed that they were. I thought it was just the baby was really low.  Turns out they were all contractions. I will get a really heavy feeling in the lower part of my uterus and it almost feels like a rubber band being stretched.  I can’t say it honestly hurts yet but it is seriously uncomfortable.  For example I was walking my dog and had to hold onto a tree because it just felt so uncomfortable and didn’t want to walk anymore.

Post # 546
129 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: January 2007

Opps – Just realized my last post was under my other name. Hope I didn’t confuse anyone. I went ahead and uploaded the same avatar for both names to maybe help link them together πŸ™‚

View original reply
@seg31085:  Thanks for posting the update. I’m glad the doctors are so positive about the chances of the tumor going away on it’s own. I can’t imagine having to think about that everyday — you are handling the news like a champ. I’m so glad she’s active – I know those kicks are reassuring! Enjoy getting the nursery set up!

Post # 547
368 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
@seg31085:  Your doctors appointment sounds like it went well.  Hopefully the mass on her lung will go away on its own before the birth. 

View original reply
@jilian:  Sounds like you had a great time on your babymoon! 

We have our baby care class this Sunday.  Can’t wait!  I hope everyone has a great weekend!! πŸ™‚

Post # 548
129 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: January 2007

So yeah… my 99 day countdown got posted on the nursery door this weekend (will post pic later) AND only 1 more week until the 3rd trimester. Where is the time going???

Question… how close are you guys on names?? I think naming is the HARDEST part of the whole pregnancy!! I’m feeling it’s a girl – and if it is we’re all set…I think! Either Alta “Paisley” or Alta “Paisley” Celia (if my hubby really wants to include an honor name for his mom – I don’t love the flow – but whatevs). (Alta is my first name and she would be the 4th Alta)

I love “Warren” & “Paisley” as a sibling pair and think it HAS to be a girl just because it HAS TO be so I can have my little Paisley πŸ™‚

BUT… then what if it’s a boy? We don’t even have a short list! We can’t even find a family honor name we like. (It was hard enough with Warren!) I keep thinking of names that fit my not too popular but not strange requirement – but then they don’t sound right as a sibling for “Warren”. Or they have a nickname I don’t like. Or my hubby hates it! Warren is older.. but it’s not ‘dusty’ if you know what I mean. Any name I can think of that’s old is just TOO OLD for me πŸ™‚ Ugh. This is my biggest worry for the next 97 days!! If I can get a list together I’ll post a thread for assistance.

Happy Monday!

**We are Virginia Tech – 4.16.07**

Post # 549
234 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
@babycrz:  Naming was the easiest part for us. lol We already had a boy and girl name picked out before we got married….but I really do feel for those who have a hard time coming up with names. For our little girl we decided on Kennedy Rebecca. DH is a big JFK fan, but that’s not the only reason he wanted Kennedy. Rebecca is after my mom, that’s her first name. We think they go well together. It feels weird to be calling her by a name now and not just ‘the baby’ or ‘little girl’.

I agree, 3rd trimester already?! Time is going by so fast!!!

Post # 550
1145 posts
Bumble bee

View original reply
@babycrz:  We still cannot agree on a name.  My hubby has vetoed all my favorites and our list consists of his favorite (Abigail) with others I have suggested that he is ok with (Paige, Tessa, Kara).  I’m just not excited about any of the names.  The names I love are Sydney, Sadie, Savannah, Lila and Eloise (nickname Ellie).  I think we’re going to be the couple that decides in the hospital.  Maybe then I’ll get more pull.  lol. 

View original reply
@seg31085:  I, too admire your strength.  I am praying that the tumor goes away before your LO is born!

Post # 551
3670 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: March 2011

View original reply
@babycrz:  We had a hard time with names when discussing them but settled on two we loved right before we went in to find out if it was a boy or a girl.  Our boy’s name stayed the same as it has been for about two years but our name for a girl changed due to the first name becoming super popular.  We decided on Zoey Lorelei for our little girl.  My husband has always loved the name Zoey (it was number two on our list) and we wanted a middle name that sounded feminine and flowed but was a little different. 

View original reply
@seg31085:  I’m thinking about you too and hoping that the tumor does go away.  Definitely keep us updated.  I love the name Kennedy though but I don’t think it’s something my husband would go for.  He’s really weird about names.

View original reply
@chrispygal:  My dad recently told me that’s how I got my name so it might work!  My parents were team green with me but had a couple names picked out for a boy or a girl.  When they asked my mom what my name was and she told them, my dad said he was caught off guard because it wasn’t anything they had ever even discussed as a name.  I don’t think he wanted to argue with someone who had just given birth though!

Post # 552
368 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
@seg31085:  I like the name Kennedy, very cute!

View original reply
@mandb122:  Cute name! I love the middle name Lorelei..  I was a huge Gilmore Girls fan..

We picked out the name Brennan Michael for our son.. 

How’s everyone feeling now that we are embarking on the third trimester??? 

Post # 553
2299 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2010

View original reply
@seg31085:  I love the name Kennedy!

View original reply
@chrispygal:  I’m sorry you guys are having troubles picking out a name! I agree with you, maybe wait until you give birth and he’ll let you name her whatever you want;)

My DH and I had a list of names that we liked for each gender and once we found out we were having a boy we narrowed it down. We were pretty set with boy’s names, but had no clue with a daughter’s name. At first we wanted to name our son Francis, but I hate nicknames (Frank, Frankie…ick). Right now we’re about 99% sure we’re going to name him Myles, but I’m keeping our options open:)

Post # 554
3670 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: March 2011

View original reply
@krsmall:  Thanks!  I was a huge Gilmore Girls fan too!  I was actually torn on whether to actually give her that name or not because of the show but I decided it’s beautiful and sounds good with her first name.  Plus, it could be worse.  Even though we didn’t name her after the show (although it was where we first heard it), the character isn’t a bad one to be named after.

I am nervous about getting so close.  We have our first class next Sunday and then the rest are in a month.  I pre-registered at the hospital already and we made an appointment for one more 3d ultrasound at the beginning of May.  I’m still nervous we don’t have enough ready though.  We’re getting closer on our house but I don’t want to set up a nursery here because it’s looking like we’ll at least be moving right before she’s born (or right after depending on her plans).  We’re going to get everything absolutely necessary for her ready soon and probably set up a corner in the bedroom just in case though.  

Post # 555
1145 posts
Bumble bee

I can’t believe we are starting our 3rd trimesters!  I really need to contact the hopsital and schedule our birthing classes and a tour.  Hubby is definitely a little afraid of what happens in the deliver room and honestly, so am I.  lol. 

Post # 556
1145 posts
Bumble bee

Guys, I failed my one hour test.  Boo!  I have to go on Friday for my 3 hour and I am not looking forward to being stuck with all those needles.  Fingers crossed I pass!

The topic ‘July 2012 Moms – Part 2’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors