(Closed) July 2012 Moms – Part 2

posted 9 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 572
3670 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: March 2011

View original reply
@chrispygal:  That’s great about your glucose test!

I’m super far behind on the nursery and everything because we’re still waiting to close on the house.  It was sent to the last person so we were told they could take 2-6 weeks to come back.  Hopefully it’ll be sooner rather than later and we can get in around early to mid June.  We’ll have everything ready and my husband said he’ll get in and paint what we need painted in the house and get all the furniture in place as soon as possible.  I stay at home so I’ll be able to take a few days to get the house ready, especially her room.  We are going to get all of her newborn essentials in the next couple of weeks to make me feel better and set it up in our room.  

I found our baby care class very useful.  I’ve never had to take care of a baby ever before plus we were able to see some products better (mostly swaddling blankets).  The only thing that sucked is I wore my sneakers because I thought it’d be most comfortable.  It was warm in the room and my feet ended up swelling from the warmth as well as sitting for so long.  By the time we left it felt like my feet were going to burst out of my shoes which was not fun.  

Post # 573
2299 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2010

My DH and I moved into our new apartment on Friday and I could barely walk until yesterday…so sore! We’re so happy to be in our new place and settle in. We both get this crazy grin on our faces when we tell eachother to put something in the baby’s room:) We ordered the furniture this weekend and it should be here early next week! My next goal is to find some classic children’s books at resale shops and I’m thinking my mother might have some from when we were little.

Post # 574
180 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

View original reply
@krsmall:  Eeek – I understand! We moved our final shimpment of stuff into our new house last weekend. Now we have to finish painting and tackle unpacking. My goal is to have the nursey together by late May when I’ll be ~34 weeks.

Post # 575
368 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

View original reply
@JewishBride:  Yea!  Moving into a new place is so exciting!  We moved the same time frame.  I feel you on the sore body, my feet were so sore they swelled up yesterday and I couldn’t fit them in my shoes.  Very sexy. 

View original reply
@NYC.BOS.CHI:  Moving is such a process!  Glad to hear you have all your stuff moved.  It’s such a good feeling.  We still have odds and ends at our old house that we need to bring over to the new house this weekend.   Thank goodness our new tenant doesn’t move in until May 15 so we have awhile to get all of our stuff out and get the house touched up so he can move in. 

View original reply
@mandb122:  That’s great your baby care class went well!  I found the one we took useful as well.  Hopefully you will be able to move into your new house soon!! 

How’s everyone feeling?  I’m not sure if it’s because of all the moving but I’ve noticed that my feet are starting to swell..

Post # 576
739 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2010

hi everyone I have been MIA again things are so busy over here.  Congrats to everyone who passed their glucose test, I also passed last week thank god!  Also congrats to everyone who moved into a new place!  We pulled out the babys dresser/changing table and I sorted through some clothes I am trying to get more organized so I’m not doing things last minute.  I have been feeling the baby moving a lot like in my rib and then it feels like he goes transverse.  But the other night I got freaked out bc I started having these crampy feelings so we took out the doppler and the heart rate was fine, I think I am experiencing BH which I never had with DD is it too early for that though?  I had it again this morning a little bit but nothing crazy it’s def. scary.  I also have my growth u/s this friday so it will be exciting to see the lil man.  Sorry for the novel lol I hope everyone is feeling good 🙂

Post # 577
3670 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: March 2011

View original reply
@ms sweets:  I don’t think it’s too early for BH.  I’ve read they can start around 20 weeks but I had a friend who started having them around 27/28 weeks or so (possibly earlier but that’s when she told me about it and she said she was tired of them so it was probably earlier than that).

I had a rought night last night.  We have plans tonight too so I’m looking forward to the actual plans but not looking forward to how tired I know I’ll be.  We laid down at about ten last night though and I didn’t fall asleep until 1:30.  Sometime in the middle of that time frame my stomach hurt so bad.  It felt like horrible gas and that’s what I was pretty sure it was and then I was worried that with how much it hurt that I was missing something.  I followed what the doctor told me to do if I felt really bad and drank a bunch of water while laying down.  It gradually let up and eventually I felt better but it was not pleasant.  

My feet have been swelling more lately too when I move around too much.  Pretty soon I think flip flops will be my only option. 

Post # 578
739 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2010

View original reply
@mandb122:  ok that makes me feel better I am going to follow up with my Dr. at my next appt. but it’s scary! ugh I hear you abnout the sleeping late or not at all lol and also the gas esp. if I eat late, I find gas-x works along with water, have fun tonight!

Post # 579
1145 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

View original reply
@ms sweets:  I think I’ve had some BH as well.  Two weekends ago I did a bunch of cleaning and stuff around the house, and ended up getting some pains that kind of felt like a rubber band pulling from my front to my back and they were really low.  I also had some pains that felt like period cramps.  I drank lots of water and rested and they went away.  I definitely think they were contractions. 

And my feet…oh my feet and ankles get so swollen by the end of the day.  I call my right ankle, which swells the worst, “frankencankle” because it looks freakish and deformed.  lol.  The doctor checked the swelling out and said as long as my blood pressure is ok, there should be no concern.  It has been getting worse though so I can only imagine what it will be like come summer.  Thank god we don’t have to go through the entire thing!  🙂

The topic ‘July 2012 Moms – Part 2’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors