(Closed) July 2012 Moms Part 3

posted 8 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 152
1145 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

View original reply
@simpleandchic:  Welcome!  Sorry your LO is holding on, but welcome to July!!

View original reply
@ms sweets:  UGH.  I can’t imagine hosting a party right now.  I feel for you!  Take it as easy as you can and please, ask friends and family for help.  They will understand!

Post # 153
5496 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: April 2010

View original reply
@panterapeach:  Congrats!!! I was worried a bit, too. I’m so glad you and your little girl are doing ok! Can’t wait to hear all about her! ๐Ÿ™‚ Hang in there!

Post # 154
3670 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: March 2011

View original reply
@chrispygal:  So excited that you’ll get to meet your little one on Thursday!

View original reply
@panterapeach:  I’m so happy to hear that you are both doing well!  Congratulations! 

The move was pretty hectic and is still generally going on.  We applied for a house last week but they haven’t gotten back to us yet so hopefully that’ll be soon.  We’re still two hours from the hospital at my husband’s parent’s house but if we don’t have anything by Wednesday night or so, we’re going to get a pet friendly hotel close to the hospital. I’ve been having more BH contractions which is starting to worry me.  Plus, his childhood bedroom is super small and they keep it super warm in here which means the swelling in my feet isn’t able to resolve itself like the doctor said it should (and my feet are HUGE right now).  

I don’t mind my doctor here but I wasn’t a fan of reception or the nurses.  We figured though that I should only have like two appointments left so I can deal with them as long as the doctor is good.  They had to take blood for tests required here that weren’t required in Minnesota and I still have a giant bruise on my arm.  My husband said he thinks she went through the vein and also she was moving the vial which was moving the needle around in my vein quite a bit.

Everyone loved the surprise.  His mom had just woken up so she was kind of out of it but completely happy.  We surprised my mom at work and I’ve never seen her cry that much before.  My dad and then his brother were super shocked as well.  

Besides that, I’ve just been trying to deal with the heat.  If we had a place, I would love for her to come soon but as of right now, I’m trying my best to get her to hold on at least another week so we can get settled a little bit.  

Post # 155
368 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

View original reply
@panterapeach:  Yea!! Congrats!!  I can’t wait to hear the birth story.

View original reply
@mandb122:  Glad to hear your move went well.  Make sure to take it easy..

View original reply
@chrispygal:  I’m so excited for you! 

Post # 156
739 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2010

View original reply
@chrispygal:  thank you the party was a success even though it was so hot! Thankfully family and friends helped out a lot at one point I had to sit down bc I started to shake and forgot that I hadn’t eaten so I needed a snack, but after that I was ok.  Ahhh so excited for you, tomm is baby day right??

View original reply
@mandb122:  yay glad to hear the move went well, I hope your Dr.’s office gets better and u also find a place of your own soon ๐Ÿ™‚

So I am considered full term today yay at times I can’t wait to not be pregnant but then I think about the whole giving birth and get myself anxious and nervous.  When is our next July baby due?

Post # 157
638 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: April 2007

Wonder if we have any firecracker babies today??? Hopefully not mine… I need at least another week… but hopefully not much more. The docs are predicting a 9lb baby so maybe I’ll get lucky and s/he will come a week early!

As much as I’ve complained this entire pregnancy and been pretty uncomfortable… I’ve been getting really nostalgic the past week or so. I’m sad it’s almost come to and end and I’ll miss my big belly and all the fun movement inside. This is MOST LIKELY my final pregnancy and I want it to last just a tad bit longer. Anyone else feeling a bit bittersweet?

Don’t get me wrong – I’m also very excited to meet this little one!

Post # 158
794 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2010

View original reply
@chrispygal:  Thinking of you and your last day without baby.  Enjoy it and try to save all of your energy for tomorrow.  Can’t wait to hear all about  your birth story and see pics.

View original reply
@jilian:  I wish I were as patient as you right now.  I am 38 weeks today and am so ready for this baby to come out and for us to meet our lil guy.  Come on firecracker babies.  ๐Ÿ™‚  I must admit that I have started doing the old wives tales for bringing on labor.  I have been walking tons, eating pineapple, eating spicy foods, attemtping sex as humerous as it is right now, and sitting on a yoga ball as much as possible.  Come on baby  Smile

Post # 159
1145 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

View original reply
@jilian:  I have a tiny, tiny bit of nostalgia but not really.  I have not liked being pregnant at all so I am ready to be DONE.  lol.  I hope you do get your wish for one more week!

View original reply
@miss.skinner:   Thanks!  It’s very surreal knowing this is our last kid-free day…ever!  Good luck bringing on labor – I hope it works!!

So I am just about finished packing our hospital bag and totally think I am over packing.  I just am unsure what I’ll want/need for the four days I’ll be in there.  I’ve had a hard time sleeping in the past couple of days and definitely have some nervous energy.  I still can’t believe tomorrow we will meet our little girl!!  We’re off to a cookout for the afternoon and hopefully that will keep my mind off things.  Eeek!!

Post # 160
739 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2010

View original reply
@jilian:  I can totally understand where you are coming from, DH and I talked about having a third down the road and I get sad thinking that will most likely be my last pg.

View original reply
@chrispygal:  ahhh good luck today and congrats!

As for me I had my 37w3d check up today and nothing, 0, zilch with my cervix ugh I was so hoping with all the BH I had been having that I would have something to show for it, but the Dr. assured me anything can happen at anytime.  She also asked if I do start to dialate if I wanted to schedule an induction for the 39th week, I was surprised bc I wasn’t offered that with my dd and I don’t think I want that, I feel when he is ready he will come unless it goes past 41 weeks and they have to, but I also heard inductions have a higher rate of csection and we all know how terrrified I am of that, so I opted out of it.  What would you do?

Post # 161
129 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: January 2007

View original reply
@ms sweets:  I’m 37 weeks 4 days today, and have not been checked yet – but I’m guess I’m zilch as well. (And traveling 7 hrs for a wedding this weekend, so currently I am avoiding all labor encoraging tactics!) But coming Sunday night it’s on. Have you heard about Evening Primrose Oil? It comes it capsules you can buy at a local health food store and you’re supposed to put one in your va-jay-jay prior to going to bed. It’s supposed to help start softening your cervix, and you do it every night I’ll aslo amp up the daily walks, sex, red raspberry leaf tea (I make it as Iced Tea!) – etc. My next appt is the 12th and I’ll be 38wks 4days. I’m going to have them check me and cross my fingers I’ve started to dialate some. IF I have I’m also going to ask them to strip my membranes. Usually they’ll do this at 39 wks – but hopefully they’ll play along early. Supposedly if the baby is ready you’ll go into labor within 24hrs. Striping the membranes basically means they circle your cervix and ‘break up’ the  membranes which encourages dialation….but you should really google it to be sure!! Really any of these ‘encouragement’ tactics only work when the baby is ready – but I figure they are worth trying ๐Ÿ™‚

They are talking about this being a big baby and not wanting me to go over 40 weeks and I ABSOLUTELY do not want an induction…. so I’m going to do what I can. Maybe I’ll hike a mtn next weekend!

Good luck!

Post # 162
1278 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

View original reply
@chrispygal:  sending you good luck for tomorrow!!!! Can’t wait to see your baby!

Post # 163
180 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

I’ve been MIA for the last few days bc I had my baby! Laurel Marie N was born on Sunday July 1st at 9:08pm. She was 21″ and 7lb 7oz and the cutest thing in the world. We are home now and loving life with our little girl. I’ll send follow up pictures and a birth story in the next few days.

Good luck chrispygal and all the other July mommas in waiting!

Post # 166
907 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: March 2011

View original reply
@panterapeach:  For some reason, i was just thinking of you and came on here and saw you had your baby!!!  I am SO HAPPY for you and can’t wait to read more about your life as a mommy.  Congratulations!

The topic ‘July 2012 Moms Part 3’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors