(Closed) July 2012: Show And Tell Rings!

posted 6 years ago in July 2012
Post # 4
516 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

Who chose the e-ring?  We chose the ring together.  We shopped around a lot and finally stopped into a local jewelry shop in our neighborhood and found the ring! 

How much do you love it?  I love it!  It is unique and 

Are you going to add a band? Yes, going to the jewelry today to talk about making a custom band. 

Metal Type? Platinum

Stone Type? Cushion Cut Diamond

Post # 5
1888 posts
Buzzing bee

Who chose the e-ring? Per his request, I gave him a document with my top 3 favorite ring styles, and he picked the one he liked the best. 

How much do you love it? He did a fantastic job πŸ™‚ It still makes me smile!

Are you going to add a band? The band came with the engagement ring as a set, but it was stolen when our house was robbed, so now it has to be custom made.

Metal Type? 14K gold

Stone Type? round brilliant

Picture please! Bonus points for a band picture!

Post # 7
337 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

Inspired by a post on another month:

Who chose the e-ring?
He did, although I gave him LOTS of photos for inspiration lol. i knew what I wanted, but I let him so the shopping πŸ™‚

How much do you love it?
It’s exactly what I wanted, and I love it so much.

Are you going to add a band?
Yes, two actually! One on either side πŸ™‚

Metal Type?
White gold

Stone Type?
Round

Post # 8
1715 posts
Bumble bee

Who chose the e-ring? We went to shop together and after months I picked out 3 and he get final pick

How much do you love it? Omg more than any other ring in the world it could not be better

Are you going to add a band? No we are going to have matching ceramic bands from Fable designs

Metal Type? white gold

Stone Type? diamond

Post # 9
68 posts
Worker bee

Who chose the e-ring? He picked it out all on his own!! All he knew was that I liked princess cut because of a ring my mother bought me years ago. 

How much do you love it?  I love it so much! The fact that he picked it out on his own makes it all the better. He isnt much into things like that, so I was surprised he did such a great job!

Are you going to add a band? Yep! We just purchased my band a couple months ago, it is a contour band. It was such hardwork to find a band to match the setting of his one.

Metal Type? white gold

Stone Type? Quad-Princess cut diamonds with round diamonds in the band

Picture please! Bonus points for a band picture! AWWWW MAAAN, i would post my band but its getting sized right now πŸ™

Post # 10
82 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: December 1996

@naturalysam:  Love it!  I’m a sucker for an awesome stand-alone band!

Post # 11
2494 posts
Buzzing bee

Who chose the e-ring?
My Fiance all on his own. Actually a kinda funny story– He asked what kind of rings I liked and I showed him my dream ring, which was a three stone princess cut ring. He apparently ordered it, and realized the one he ordered was too small stone wise (he said it looked a lot like a promise ring and he didn’t wnat that) so he returned it and looked everywhere else. After realizing the only way I’d get that ring was custom, he bought another ring online (again). This one came scratched and when he returned it, he saw my ring and said “I stopped and said, “THAT is the one!” and I had never had that feeling before!” I love that story πŸ™‚

How much do you love it?
Honestly, at first I didn’t love it that much. I was unsure about the round cuts, the heart details and the half-eternity band seemed very “blingy” to me. The more I wear it, the more I love it, and now I wouldn’t change it for the world!

Are you going to add a band?
I am going wear my wedding band, which is also a half eternity band, but with smaller stones because we aren’t rich, by any means! Besides that, nothing will be added.f

Metal Type?
White gold.

Stone Type?
All round cuts. There is a 0.33ct centre stone, 2 0.2 side stones, 3 0.1 band stones on either side and inside there is 2 0.1 stones inbetween the engraving which says past present future.

I don’t have a band picture, but here it is with the heart detail and on my hand…

Post # 12
120 posts
Blushing bee

Who chose the e-ring? We looked at some together, and he looked at some on his own, I told him which styles I liked and he ultimately decided πŸ™‚

How much do you love it? Its perfect for me

Are you going to add a band? Of course!

Metal Type? 14k white gold

Stone Type? round cut diamonds

Post # 13
269 posts
Helper bee

Who chose the e-ring? Completely and totally all him! All alone, I never so much as mentioned what setting or stone cut I wanted.

How much do you love it? Oh gosh, I adore my ring! It’s perfect and I would never change it! Love it so much!

Are you going to add a band? Yes. We found our wedding bands together.

Metal Type? White gold. with platinum prongs (E-ring)

tone Type? Princess cut

Post # 14
29 posts
Newbee

Who chose the e-ring? We picked it out together.

How much do you love it? I didn’t want an engagement ring, but now that I have this one, I won’t take it off!  It’s in my favorite color, in my favorite cut.

Are you going to add a band? Yes

Metal Type? 18k White Gold

Stone Type? Asscher Cut Lavender Sapphire

Post # 15
2273 posts
Buzzing bee

A little late to the party but…

Who chose the e-ring? We chose it together the day after he proposed… Fiance gave me a place holder ring which I now wear as a RHR – I wanted to use it as the weddingband but it didn’t work together (wrong metal cos it is 9k and also doesn’t sit right against my e-ring)

How much do you love it? It wasn’t what I was originally looking for and we were about to leave the store when Fiance spotted it and we both loved it…

Are you going to add a band? Yep I have a 3mm milgrain edged band to go with it.

Metal Type? 18k white gold

Stone Type? diamond

Post # 16
24 posts
Newbee

Who chose the e-ring? My Fiance worked with a jeweler to custom design it

How much do you love it? A ton! It fits my personality perfectly.

Are you going to add a band? Nope

Metal Type? Platinum

Stone Type? Diamond and Sapphires (They look purple in some light and blue in others)

The topic ‘July 2012: Show And Tell Rings!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors