(Closed) July 2012!

posted 10 years ago in July 2012
Post # 17
30 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: July 2012

Yay I’m glad to see so many other July 2012 brides…it’s nice to know other people are also waiting the same amount of time. We just booked our venue (ceremony and reception today) and I am so excited….it seems so real now that we have a place and official date!!! (which we just changed to July 14th) I am also trying to lock in prices this year!

Post # 18
872 posts
Busy bee

View original reply
@jbird: Cool, another 7-2012 bride…. I agree with you, booking venues make things feel more real. I also like that some vendors allow booking so far in advance to lock in the prices. Good luck to you and CONGRATS!!! YAY!

Post # 19
129 posts
Blushing bee

View original reply
@kplusc2012:That is our date as well, it is also my twin boys birthday! We are blending our 2 families…5 kids in all. We live in New Jersey, but are planning a wedding in Montana. I have booked our venue, photog(I am one so i have many great friends to help out)caterer, and bar service. I have my dress picked out and will be purchasing it this spring. i am super excited…we are already married, but wanted to have a wedding to share with our families and friends. I have a vision, but am having a difficult time pulling it all together. I have plenty of time, I know.

Post # 20
571 posts
Busy bee

I’m also glad to see other brides waiting till July 2012. I’m sure we all just want to enjoy being engaged and not over stress ourselves by rushing a wedding. I also wanted a summer wedding and this summer 2011 is just too close…I know I would be stressed if I tried to plan eveything with less than a year to do it.

We just got engaged on November 23, 2010 before heading home for Thanksgiving to tell all of our extended family and friends. The timing was perfect that way with all our families being in one town. We’re planning a 7/7/2012 wedding and just booked the ceremony and reception locations which does make it feel so so real! πŸ™‚ And I love my new ring, just can’t stop staring at it! My Fiance and I dated for 5 years prior to this and I’ve been dreaming about getting married for years now. It makes me so happy to hear him getting excited about the wedding plans and having a say in it.

I think I’ll start wedding dress shopping when spring/summer styles come out. Can’t wait!!!

Post # 21
743 posts
Busy bee

I’m getting married on July 21st 2012! Well, technically we are already married (at the court house, in a tearfull 2 and a half minutes ceremony) for immigration reasons. But the big one will take place at my parents’ house in the south of France. I can’t wait! We played with the idea of doing it this summer but my mom freaked out about not having the house ready on time so… I already have the dress but everything else is just in project.

Post # 22
8 posts
Newbee

We are getting married on 7/7/12. I see it is a popular date so far. πŸ™‚ Nice to meet other girls who are also patiently waiting for the day to roll around, as well. Some of you have so many wedding things accomplished already. I am also a planner, but Fiance does not want to put anything in contract so early. I thought that a long engagement would equal no stress, but I am thinking it might still be a stressful but happy time.

Oh, we do have our church booked, but need to find a catering hall. We have had our engagement pictures done, and just need to put the deposit down to book her. She’s fantastic both personally and professionally.

Our wedding date is our five year anniversary πŸ™‚

Post # 23
7 posts
Newbee

We are getting married July 7th too. Ive started looking at wedding pictures and looking for venue,s vendors, etc My close family think Im crazy lol. Im like guys, I know it seems so far but I know time will go so fast. I want a strees free wedding!

Post # 24
872 posts
Busy bee

View original reply
@MrsFrenchiedee: I agree, when you say it out loud it seems so very far away….but like you said, that time will be here before you know it. I don’t care about what other people think…. if I want to plan 5 years in advance, that’s what i will do πŸ˜‰ …

7-7-12 is very popular…. good luck!

Post # 25
671 posts
Busy bee

Im july 7th as well! I have almost everything planned because I am a bit wedding obsessed. Even bought my dress! I am starting the invitation process now πŸ™‚ 

Post # 26
1 posts
Wannabee

I too am getting married July 7th 2012! I have been engaged for a little over 5 months now and am also a crazy organized planner. Some people think we are crazy for booking so far in advance but it is a popular time for weddings and things book up quickly and when you have this much time I figure why not get exactly what you want right? Most people think it’s a great idea though πŸ™‚ Nothing wrong with being a little obsessive lol. I have both venues booked (my ceremony is in a movie theater) I have our photographer booked as well as our band booked as they book 1 1/2 in advance. I also just ordered my dress over the christmas holidays which was SO exciting! I was worried it was too soon to order because I was only expecting to look and not to fall in love and find the one. It will take 6-8 months to arrive so I was glad I did it so ahead of time because if god forbid something is wrong you have time to order another πŸ™‚ I didn’t really think about all the other things you have to think about such as what color dress you want, what veil you would consider, shoes you will wear, wedding colors, tuxes and more. Yikes! We have been together for 4 years so it will be almost 6 by the time we are married and we will both be 23. I am trying to stay on top of everything because we are finishing school so I don’t have a huge amount of time to dedicate to wedding planning, although it is what I find myself doing when I don’t want to study! Good luck to all 2012 brides it will be here before we know it!! πŸ™‚

Post # 27
872 posts
Busy bee

View original reply
@hockeygirl15: YAY! Exciting right! I hear you… I am sure some people probably think it’s too early for me to do things BUT no one has said anything to Me about it πŸ˜‰ … but at the end of the day, its your wedding and if you wanted to book 5 years in advance so be it… When I was trying on dresses, it was someone there getting married Decemer 2013 and she purchased her dress πŸ™‚ .Like you, I purchased my dress although it wasn’t planned. I was just there looking at bridesmaids dresses to get an idea and next thing I know I was in a bridal gown AND found the one, lol!

Good Luck and happy planning!

Post # 28
30 posts
Newbee

I’m also a 7/7/12 bride! It looks like that’s going to be a very popular date! I’m so excited about planning my wedding and have been researching nonstop over the past month! So far the only thing we have set is the ceremony location.

Post # 29
73 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

Sunday, July 1st…. in Northeast Georgia…. and the ceremony will be interfaith. We’ve got a venue booked (outdoors at a waterfall… for the low, low price of $100!), but still looking for a place to have the reception. That will depend on how big our guest list gets. And how many places are open to a Sunday shindig.

Post # 30
45 posts
Newbee

July 28th 2012! I have been engaged 8 months and have yet to book a place for the ceremony and reception. I am on wedding websites all the time an my fiance thinks im crazy for starting to plan already.

Post # 31
40 posts
Newbee

I’m so happy to see that so many of you are 7-7-12 brides too! I’ve been having second thoughts on the date and wondering if it was to close to the holiday. Therefore an inconvenience for guests.  Has anyone else had this concern? It comforts me to see that so many of you chose the date too though πŸ™‚

My next problem….I can’t stop looking at ideas! I keep saying “I love this” and then the next day I “love this instead”.  I feel like I need to be planning …..but yet it seems so far away πŸ™‚

The topic ‘July 2012!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors