(Closed) July 2013 Brides, have you picked out your first dance song?

posted 6 years ago in July 2013
Post # 3
1190 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2013

We are deciding between Come Away With Me by Nora Jones and Lucky by Jason Mraz. I like the lazy, slow tempo of Come Away With Me but I really like Lucky because it’s bouncy and about marrying your best friend. Meh, I don’t expect we’ll have that decision for another month or two. 

Post # 4
351 posts
Helper bee

John Butler Trio- I’m a fool for you. Fiance has been a fan of them and at first we picked a Jason Mraz song but later just felt JBT was more “us”. Every time I hear it I tear up and get goosebumps! Are you guys keeping yours a secret from your guests? We are. Fiance and I think it will be more special that way 🙂

Post # 5
418 posts
Helper bee

we can’t decide between THREE songs! 

• the flaming lips- do you realize?
  • spiritualized- ladies and gentlemen, we are floating in space
  • john lennon- stand by me

time is kinda running out so we have to make some decisions soon!

Post # 6
4 posts
Wannabee

We decided on Can’t Take My Eyes Off Of You by Frankie Vallie and the Four Seasons. I love it! My MoH’s boyfriend is a former ball room dancer and he’s offered to choreograph a dance for us.

Post # 7
43 posts
Newbee

We decided on “Here’s to Us” by Halestorm. We saw Halestorm and the beautiful Lzzy Hale at our first concert together, and we’re the kind of couple to have a beautiful, slow rock song with rampant cussing in the lyrics. XD “If they give you hell, tell ’em go fuck themselves! Here’s to us!”

Post # 8
55 posts
Worker bee

When you say nothing at all; the Ronan Keating version.  Always said if I get married I would use this song…. when my fiance and I were dating, I played him this song, the country version by Alison Krauss and he asked me to dance in our living room and said, if we get married he wanted this as our wedding song.  I was in taers and hense, never had to worry about picking the song… just which version to use haha!!! 

Post # 9
384 posts
Helper bee

All That You Are – The Goo Goo Dolls =]

Post # 10
58 posts
Worker bee

Hey Pretty Girl–by Kip Moore. Were HUGE country fans and this song fits up perfectly. We knew it would be our song for a while and recently it came out on the radio. Hopefully it still feels unique to us in July :).

Post # 11
879 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 1999

Still up in the air and have changed this a few times already as Fiance and I have somewhat different music taste, but currently we’re thinking of a foxtrot to Sinatra’s “Cheek to Cheek.”

Post # 12
24 posts
Newbee

We’re deciding between Forever by Ben Harper and I’ll Back you Up by the Dave Matthews Band.  I’ve had Forever picked out for, well, forever (or at least 10 years!), and Fiance is a huge DMB fan, so naturally he wants us to incorpoate some of their music into out big day. Best of luck finding the perfect song!

Post # 13
1159 posts
Bumble bee

I really like the Nora Jones suggestion above. Beautiful song and not corny.

We’re doing Walking on a dream by Empire of the Sun. It’s fun, we love the meaning behind the song and we won’t feel awkward doing the dance.

Post # 14
351 posts
Helper bee

@sharontobemarried:  loooooove your song choice. Stuck in my head now haha

Post # 15
131 posts
Blushing bee

Deciding between Jack johnson’s Better Together and Zac Brown Band Whatever it is. Both have been a part of our relationship since the beginning. As we’re having a beach wedding, the hawaiian version of Better together will most likely make the final cut!

Post # 16
1218 posts
Bumble bee

Trying to decide between Goo Goo Dolls – Slide and The Cure – Lovesong. Whatever we can dance to 🙂

The topic ‘July 2013 Brides, have you picked out your first dance song?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors