Post # 1
So December will be here shortly and then it’ll be the new year and then time will fly and July will be here. At least that’s how my head is thinking right now. So what are your goals to have done for the wedding in December?
- Save the dates- ordered and sent before christmas
- Dress shopping- hopefully finding the one, if not the one at least narrow it down and by the end of the month, find the one.
- Work on cake design
What about everyone else?
Post # 3
–Save The Date’s
-Start looking at Tux’s
-Do our Pre-Cana this Saturday!
Happy Planning to you:)
Post # 4
I also want to do my Save The Dates (but am going to wait until after the cray holiday mail season to send them so they dont get lost in the shuffle!)
Other goals are to choose a baker, finish the website, sort out the guest room blocks and figure out what the boys are going to wear 🙂
Oh and maybe look at invitations 🙂
Post # 6
@mcarrizales: I should start looking at bridesmaid dresses too. I promised my girls that I would not make them wear the typical bridesmaid dress and not have to spend 150 on it. And in teal. Haha. I may be crazy.
What kind of cake is everyone thinking of? FH doesn’t really want to give any input on this. I just know strawberries will be in it, or on it. I love strawberries!
Post # 7
My goals for December are:
- Print and send out save the dates
- Book florist
- pick out cake
- get my Fiance to get me the last few addressess I need from his guest list before I pull my hair out.
- Look into hair and makeup
- find hotel for guests and myself
January I will start with the Bridesmaid or Best Man dresses, since I found my dress in November.
After December I think I’m in the clear to just work on my DIY projects till March
Post # 8
@plchansen: haha when you figure out a way to get Fi to give you his list of address, will you pass the secret on to me. I’ve been bugging Fi now for about a month and nothing. Pretty much next time he is sitting down next to me, we’ll be texting, emailing, and calling for addresses. Love him but he just does not understand that I would like these before July.
Post # 9
I am beginning to wish I’d put things off for another year right about now. I have two weddings to plan seven days apart with the honeymoon in between.
Officiants, hairdresser, caterers, accomodations, bridesmaids/flower girls dresses, dj, wedding tent, and flowers are all under some semblance of control at this time.
‘Save the dates’ have been done privately to people in respective provinces.
I have a dress that needs altering, a tiara and a veil on the way for wedding #1 (special tartan items still need to be ordered). I have my second dress and veil on the way for wedding #2 (still looking for a garter).
We are starting to consider the cakes and we are putting together the groom and groomsmen’s attire for both. My Fiance has been working on electronic invitations for both weddings. We need to actually work with the officiants on the ceremonies for both weddings yet.
Post # 10
Yes, please tell me if there is a big secret to getting FI’s to get the addresses from their families. I’ve been bugging him foreverrrr.
Post # 13
- Book the limo
- Start researching seamstressess to do my bustle
- Figure out what we are doing with the cake!
- Try to relax!
hahha I am all weddinged out. Can’t wait for July!
Post # 14
@dihy: Good luck to you! that sounds like a lot
-find Bridesmaid or Best Man dress
-finish wedding website
-print invites (i know this is super early but we have a lot of over sea ppl and are sending them out in Feb)
Post # 15
I thought about doing invites but I don’t have a ceremony time yet. What time is everyone getting married? I can’t decide if I want it to be mid morning or late afternoon. Right now I’m thinking later in the afternoon.
Post # 16
I’m in the prcess of doing a lot of things:
- Trying out a centerpiece idea
- Finalizing who needs to get save the dates and then send them out
- Picking out a veil that I like with my mom’s dress
- Relose 5-10 pounds I gained over the holiday to be able to fit into Mom’s dress
- Finalizing the Bridesmaid or Best Man dress color
- Figuring out how to decorate the church
- Finalizing a bouquet choice
- Finalizing how I want my cake designed.
- Deciding on a Bridesmaid or Best Man gift, I was thinking of getting them all robes and a nice neclace but I didn’t want to get them something I am requiring them to wear kind of thing. Or make them feel like they have to wear the jewelry I am giving them on the day.
I’m sure there’s more ahh yes doing a breakdown of what all the costs are going to be for Fiance since I am still job less.