(Closed) July 2013 brides, what are your December goals?

posted 6 years ago in July 2013
Post # 3
351 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2013

Save The Date’s
-Book caterer
-Get passports
-Start looking at Tux’s
-Do our Pre-Cana this Saturday!

Happy Planning to you:)

Post # 4
327 posts
Helper bee

I also want to do my Save The Dates (but am going to wait until after the cray holiday mail season to send them so they dont get lost in the shuffle!)

Other goals are to choose a baker, finish the website, sort out the guest room blocks and figure out what the boys are going to wear 🙂

Oh and maybe look at invitations 🙂

Post # 5
58 posts
Worker bee

• Book Florist
  • Get Save the Dates printed
  • Schedule cake tasting for after the holidays
  • Look for the perfect BM’s dresses

Post # 7
165 posts
Blushing bee

My goals for December are:

• Print and send out save the dates
  • Book florist
  • pick out cake
  • get my Fiance to get me the last few addressess I need from his guest list before I pull my hair out.
  • Look into hair and makeup
  • find hotel for guests and myself

January I will start with the Bridesmaid or Best Man dresses, since I found my dress in November.

After December I think I’m in the clear to just work on my DIY projects till March

Post # 9
628 posts
Busy bee

I am beginning to wish I’d put things off for another year right about now. I have two weddings to plan seven days apart with the honeymoon in between. 

Officiants, hairdresser, caterers, accomodations, bridesmaids/flower girls dresses, dj, wedding tent, and flowers are all under some semblance of control at this time.

‘Save the dates’ have been done privately to people in respective provinces.

I have a dress that needs altering, a tiara and a veil on the way for wedding #1 (special tartan items still need to be ordered). I have my second dress and veil on the way for wedding #2 (still looking for a garter).

We are starting to consider the cakes and we are putting together the groom and groomsmen’s attire for both. My Fiance has been working on electronic invitations for both weddings. We need to actually work with the officiants on the ceremonies for both weddings yet.

Post # 10
351 posts
Helper bee

@plchansen:  

@jatelynn:  

Yes, please tell me if there is a big secret to getting FI’s to get the addresses from their families. I’ve been bugging him foreverrrr.

Post # 11
2550 posts
Sugar bee

Too many goals! 

• find & book florist (the one I had my heart set on is already booked)
  • book room blocks
  • find and book baker for our cupcakes
  • get all the measurements & fabric to DIY our picnic table seat pads & drape pergola
  • find & book DOC
  • figure out rehearsal dinner (waiting to hear back from my first choice)
  • figure out Bridesmaid or Best Man dresses

Post # 12
909 posts
Busy bee

• I’m almost done with save-the-dates, just waiting for a few more addresses from my mom.

• Going Bridesmaid or Best Man dress shopping on Dec 22! I will probably look for my veil then too and my mom will be looking for her MOB dress.

• Still have to sign up for Pre-Cana.

• Going to reserve the salon for our bridal party for the wedding morning,

• And I’m hoping to have time while I’m “home” for Christmas to talk to the florist.

Post # 13
945 posts
Busy bee

• Book the limo
  • Start researching seamstressess to do my bustle
  • Figure out what we are doing with the cake!
  • Try to relax!

hahha I am all weddinged out. Can’t wait for July! 

Post # 14
716 posts
Busy bee

@dihy:  Good luck to you! that sounds like a lot

December Goals:

-find dress

-find Bridesmaid or Best Man dress

-finish wedding website

-print invites (i know this is super early but we have a lot of over sea ppl and are sending them out in Feb)

Post # 16
2777 posts
Sugar bee

I’m in the prcess of doing a lot of things:

• Trying out a centerpiece idea
  • Finalizing who needs to get save the dates and then send them out
  • Picking out a veil that I like with my mom’s dress
  • Relose 5-10 pounds I gained over the holiday to be able to fit into Mom’s dress
  • Finalizing the Bridesmaid or Best Man dress color
  • Figuring out how to decorate the church
  • Finalizing a bouquet choice
  • Finalizing how I want my cake designed.
  • Deciding on a Bridesmaid or Best Man gift,  I was thinking of getting them all robes and a nice neclace but I didn’t want to get them something I am requiring them to wear kind of thing.  Or make them feel like they have to wear the jewelry I am giving them on the day. 

I’m sure there’s more ahh yes doing a breakdown of what all the costs are going to be for Fiance since I am still job less.

The topic ‘July 2013 brides, what are your December goals?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors